Psychobike banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I got myself a 2005 'busa. It's only been ridden 24,000 km, so quite in it's early phases still. I was wondering if in general there are some certain things to do to this bike? real estate digital marketing india

Example of what I mean: Suzuki VS1400 Intruders have poor clutch springs, and people tend to replace them for stronger ones.

So any general knowledge quirks, fixes or perfomance increases I could/should do? (Powercommander, certain parts, check for certain things, anything pretty much).

I'm taking the bike to a checkup for a certified mechanic first, as apparently it hasn't been ridden much in the last years and no knowledge if any maintenance beyond oil changes has been done. But that's not the point here though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Buy a factory service manual. New tires F&R. R&R a new chain and rear sprocket. (Let your service center do this one for you). (front sprocket is steel - leave it). And maybe also this one >> Welded clutch hub to eliminate that "bounce into gear", ie. smoother shifts. Unless the clutch is slipping... leave the springs alone - you don't want stiffer springs flying through your stock clutch cover.
Steel Braided lines; Clutch (EBC doesn't make(?) a clutch line for Busa), front and rear brakes (EBC or Galfer). New pads. R&R all fluids, ie., (clutch & brake mstr. cylndrs). Iridium spark plugs. Air Box modification. BMC Race Air filter (if you can find one - ('RACE' denoted by yellow stripe around perimeter of filter). You have '2003 or newer 'Starter Assembly', no need to worry there. Clean it, cover it, insure it, and ride it for another 24km.
Speed costs money, so the less you do to go fast than you already can, it will eventually only end up costing more.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
the 2nd gear in the tranny has always been an issue..

hopefully a good mechanic can look keep your busa running good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For some years Suzuki (for some unknown reason) didn't use loctite on the speed sensor screws on the end of the countershaft sprocket. The screw backed out on my '03 and cracked the cover. Someone was making a reinforced piece for the cover, at least that's the way I remember the problem as this happened a long time ago on mine. It could also have had something to do with the clutch slave cylinder mounting. Hopefully the 2005 models never had this issue but something to keep an eye on perhaps? Symptoms are speedometer "lagging" actual speed when accelerating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts