Psychobike banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so maybe someone who has done this swap can clear this up for me been reading on different sites all day and from what I understand on the 900rr front wheel swap 93-94 wheels 95-97 wheels use 296 rotors and 98-99 use 310 rotors but what I am stuck on different sites say different thing but what I want to if is true or not can you run the 93-94 wheel with a 98-99 rotor to get the bigger rotor different sites say they have the same rotor bolt pattern and the 95-97 are different from all the other years . So on the wheel to do on the busa swap I have seen where someone said yes but there is no real clear answer to this. So if anybody could clear this up have a mc axle coming and try to figure out what wheel and rotor will work for the gen 1 busa.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Yes the 98-99 rotor will fit the 93-94 wheel. And I think it's 93-95 if I remember rite. The only difference is the 98-99 don't have the speedo drive in the wheel like the early year does but it will still work. But yes 98-99 rotor will fit 1st years Cbr wheel. I have it rite now on my bike so this not hear say its a fact.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the 98-99 rotor will fit the 93-94 wheel. And I think it's 93-95 if I remember rite. The only difference is the 98-99 don't have the speedo drive in the wheel like the early year does but it will still work. But yes 98-99 rotor will fit 1st years Cbr wheel. I have it rite now on my bike so this not hear say its a fact.
Do you have to run any spacers to make up for not using the speedo drive or anything like that thank and thanks for the response

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I made all my own stuff including adapters to run busa rotors but I think u will need a collar with the Mac axle and a early wheel. His are for the 98-99 wheel. U should be able to use a small pipe for a collar or cut the stock spacer down to size. But it's easy to do.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok good deal got and axle coming wanted 98 wheel but can't find one so if this works this will be the way I go

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made all my own stuff including adapters to run busa rotors but I think u will need a collar with the Mac axle and a early wheel. His are for the 98-99 wheel. U should be able to use a small pipe for a collar or cut the stock spacer down to size. But it's easy to do.
What do the adapators look like to run the busa rotors on the cbr wheels I would be interested in doing to that one for sure

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have a 92 wheel with a 98 rotor on it. Make sure you tell terry what year wheel you are using. He can make the axle fit your wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts