Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new on the concept of blow thru carbs

I am working on a zzr 600 from 1992 with a gt1544 turbo and original carbs .
I have got the bike running on 0.3 bar boost and the fuel pressure at 0.1 bar.

My problem is that of boost carbs are oke and don't overflow but on boost I end up with high Afr and fuel in my air box and exhaust

What am I doing wrong ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have a pitot tube between the air box and intercooler. I have it going across the intake pipe. And I have a 1:1 fuel regulator
The pitot tube is inside 6 mm and l have a hole pointing to the turbo side of 4.5 mm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a tomei fuel regulator. I know it is not the best way to reed the Afr but I have a narrow band lambda but the reading's are below the 10:1
Maybe a smaller main jet but I don't think that's my problem
I have just taken the bike for a spin on came back home and had more oil than wen I left and smeld like fuel

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
that o2 sensor is incapable/inaccurate at those afr numbers, you might be better off buying a box of spark plugs and doing it the old fashion way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That I understand next week I will get the wideband. But I still don't understand why my carbs over flow on boost ?

·
Registered
959 Posts
what fuel pump and pressure and how is the regulator plumbed

i set up my very first turbo bike with a narrow band , if it read rich but not breaking down i called that fine, if it read anything else it was too lean ,worked ok but wideband made it soooo much easier to finish

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a fuel pomp from a fuel injection system and my fuel regulator has a 1:1 boost refrence hocked on the intake manifold after the carbs and a return to the gas tank. I am running 3 psi feul pressure off boost I am running 4.4 psi boost so on boost the fuel pressure is 7.4 psi. My fuel gauge is under my tank so I can't read it when riding

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is it also possible that the fuel is blowen out the carbs because when I take of the air box cover the fuell is on the entry side of the carbs by the air holes of the jets and s

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I had to get on the Sudco website and get different needles and seats to use any kind of fuel pump on my Carbs.They make the just for carbed bikes with fuel pumps instead of gravity feed.Mine would leak no matter how low the fuel pressure.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just a thought. We had so much trouble on a 97 Blow through turbo Bandit 1200 that finally we ditched the carbs and bought one of the used Mr Turbo Fuel injection for a ZX9. We fitted it to the Bandit and used a home made magnet sensor to run the injectors. the old gold box is manual adjustment but works pretty good. The magnets go to the signal wire on the box. the rest is pretty simple. Should have converted a long time ago. Picked up the complete Fuel Injection system for $400 bucks. I bet I had those bandit carbs apart over 1000 times. Best move I ever made was converting it to FI.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'd suggest a fuel pressure gauge to verify pressure. Guessing you have to much fuel pressure.
I've used Walbro fuel pumps for carbs and Malpossi fuel pressure regulators on completely stock carbs on both Honda Blackbirds and Suzuki Bandits with no problems like you describe. Pitot tube, as well as the fuel return are also important,

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Why don't u switch to fi? It's not hard. I did a 96ish zx6e turbo this way with fi and it worked pretty good once I got the rite ecu on it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts