Psychobike banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm trying to get some info I'm degreeing my cam and I can't get my dail gauge to stay at zero when the lobe ant touching the bucket I don't know if my pointer isn't set right are it's just something that happens I want to know if anybody had the same problem are knows what I'm doing wrong thanks for any help

·
Registered
959 Posts
If your pointer is against the can beside the lobe, cam there is not necessarily round and as the pointer follows the cam it moves across the bucket giving your reading issues
depending on how your setting up it can be very difficult to get the pointer square to the bucket
i zero before the leading edge of the lobe , then check deg at my desired lift (for me its .030), then rotate right passed the trailing edge check point and re zero if needed ,
then back it up beyond the check point and bring it to the check point in the correct direction and get my closing deg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your pointer is against the can beside the lobe, cam there is not necessarily round and as the pointer follows the cam it moves across the bucket giving your reading issues
depending on how your setting up it can be very difficult to get the pointer square to the bucket
i zero before the leading edge of the lobe , then check deg at my desired lift (for me its .030), then rotate right passed the trailing edge check point and re zero if needed ,
then back it up beyond the check point and bring it to the check point in the correct direction and get my closing deg
Ok I will try that it's hard to get the dail not to move I tryed everything

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to know if I'm degreeing the cams When I set the dail on zero and start Rotating the engine forward and stop at .50 an get my numbers and then rotate the engine backwards and go past the .50 and then come back and get my numbers and then it hit back on zero when it's off the bucket can this method work to get accurate numbers

·
Registered
959 Posts
if its 0 when the cam is off the bucket close to the .050 your measuring at your pretty good

I was doing cams today and get about .004 difference from one side of the base circle to the other, bucket has not moved just the pointer moved across the bucket slightly as its touching the shaft beside the lobe

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if its 0 when the cam is off the bucket close to the .050 your measuring at your pretty good

I was doing cams today and get about .004 difference from one side of the base circle to the other, bucket has not moved just the pointer moved across the bucket slightly as its touching the shaft beside the lobe
Yea mine was getting the same thing about .004 but when I do it the other way with out going all the way around and backing up the motor it hit zero every time I just wanted to know if the numbers will be accurate it's a lot easier to doing it that way

1 - 10 of 10 Posts