Psychobike banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to build a grudge bike (nitrous bike) and found a good deal on a k8 gixxer. U was going to buy a busa or zx 14 but have a chance to get this gixxer for a good price. Will I be at at huge dissadvantage using a gixxer compared to a busa or zx 14? Or should I say am I wasting money buying the gixxer and just get the busa or zx 14? Can the gixxer run with the bigger bikes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
At HubCity Dragway a few weeks ago, I continuously witnessed the smack downs 1000's handed out to Busas. Amazing! To answer your question, you should be able to compete with the larger bikes because the smaller bikes have a weight advantage. You might want to do some research.

·
Registered
664 Posts
A 1k will definitely run with the best of them. I'd consult with a builder before spending that kind of money to be sure you get the right answer for what your tryin to do. Casings seem to get weaker the newer the 1k but total weight is also lighter

Hell look at Dope Fiend

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
WHAT WEIGHT IS THE RIDER? 180 AND UNDER I'D SAY 1000, ANYTHING OVER THAT I'D GO WITH A BUSA.
I agree %100 my wifes 1k feels like a turd with me on it. If I did want to race it i'd haft to gear it so crazy it wont run up top. but what do i know I'm 220

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I got a K6 gixxer but really need a busa or 14 . I weigh 220 built motor but run numbers a 165 pound guy runs on stock motor k8 stretched with a small dry shot. Go 14 do a chasis and keep the motor basic just carpenter head and cams with some spray then go play. If I could I would

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
At HubCity Dragway a few weeks ago, I continuously witnessed the smack downs 1000's handed out to Busas. Amazing! To answer your question, you should be able to compete with the larger bikes because the smaller bikes have a weight advantage. You might want to do some research.
I can def verify that. My buddy runs a k7 1000 stretched 6" over and he runs over some of the busas. Rider ability plays a massive role when your talking about putting all the power these bikes make on the ground and being able to control it.

·
Banned
5,507 Posts
For the money go with a busa. Can go fast really cheap. 1k's are fast but the money you put in them to get that fast you can put in a busa and go faster.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
How big of an advantage are the "straight cut gears" that true factory race bikes come stock with? By design they should out last the stock 1300 transmission but should it be a big concern for any busa owner that races?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
a busa will hold up better but i would not say u would be faster with a busa over a 1000 trust me on this a busa is a strong power plant bust nitrous will tear anything up if you lean on it hard it all depends on ur setup n weight if ur a light weight build a 1000 or let me build u one of the fastest grudge bikes on the planet:2thumbs:

·
Voo Doo 1000
1,718 Posts
a busa will hold up better but i would not say u would be faster with a busa over a 1000 trust me on this a busa is a strong power plant bust nitrous will tear anything up if you lean on it hard it all depends on ur setup n weight if ur a light weight build a 1000 or let me build u one of the fastest grudge bikes on the planet:2thumbs:
:lurk: :lurk:

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
My brother is selling his grudge 08 1000. 3X4 motor,Motec M130, BSTs etc. $16000

1 - 18 of 18 Posts