Psychobike banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bazzaz with auto tune. Has anyone used the auto tune feature to tune with race fuel i.e. U4.4, Q16, mr12 or mrx01? I was thinking of using mrx01 or mr12.

·
Registered
134 Posts
this is how we tune my friends 1k all the time no matter which fuel is using. the self mapper is a wonderful buy imo..we have even used it to tune on the spray with great results..

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a Bazzaz with auto tune. Has anyone used the auto tune feature to tune with race fuel i.e. U4.4, Q16, mr12 or mrx01? I was thinking of using mrx01 or mr12.
leaded fuel is gonna ruin your o2 sensor in a hurry and at that point i would say your auto would stop working

·
Registered
52 Posts
What is your guys idle a/f? Mine was 14 when I first started up the zfm. I do two sessions of logging and apply the suggestions both times.. Now when I start it, the air fuel is 16-1? Is this right? And what's your guys max changes? It recomended +36% in some of the boxes..

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
it is fine to idle at that air fuel ratio. under no load like idle, there is no reason to have it running rich. most of the time its difficult to get engines to idle stoich because of large injectors, cams, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
well im gonna call bazzaz as the self tune is sugestion 50-63+ fuel in some boxes, which in no way this is posible.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You have to remember to clear the log before you start loging again. Apply the changes and use the smooth feature that the Bazzaz unit has. So if one cell is like +30 and then drops. The smooth feature will correct that.

It could of been a blip in the throttle that you had done.

You can use the Z-AFM with race fuel as well. You just want to make sure that after you are done tuning the Bazzaz, that you take the O2 sensor out and put a Bung plug in to save the life of the sensor.

Then just save the map for each fuel that you use and then you can apply it at any time. But the air content will be a little different then when you tuned for it, But close enough.

·
Banned
264 Posts
Also, concerning the 16:1 afr at idle... the air flow over the sensor is likely too low for the sensor to get an accurate reading, thats why it is reading so lean.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Bazzaz starts tuning at 3000rpm's , under that u have to input numbers and watch AFRs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts