Psychobike banner

2381 - 2400 of 2430 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ridehard these boys may MAKE me bring a bike or two for you to ride so you can sittem all straight ! With weight difference allowance you'll be runnin anywhere from 7.25-7.40 no bar , no turbo . Now if I put some juice in the injection 7.00s ! Don't make me because that might be embarrassing to these run what cha brung fellas. Now this would be with Elliot's big ass on bikes he's never seen let alone rode ! He's the rider here fella's , ya maybe a decent rider and mechanic but ya can't out ride him ! That's not bragging it's just the way it is !

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Where were you the fastest? Was Joey lined up next too you?
Not that day,only a few Busa's that I was whipping up on, besides they weren't legal anyway !!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Not that day,only a few Busa's that I was whipping up on, besides they weren't legal anyway !!
Where were you the fastest? Was Joey lined up next too you?
What day you guys referring to?

Steve and Joey race different classes, right?

Steve landspeed and Joey the Mirock Series or Steve are you saying your raced Joey or oneof your built bikes?

I think Joey/DME did get disqualified for something wiht the dash.

Just asking questions fellaz

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
What day you guys referring to?

Steve and Joey race different classes, right?

Steve landspeed and Joey the Mirock Series or Steve are you saying your raced Joey or oneof your built bikes?

I think Joey/DME did get disqualified for something wiht the dash.

Just asking questions fellaz
No, I have no clue what there talking about, that would be like me vs Motec the company

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The end of the season is here. What direction are people going in 2016?

1. Atco's List (Quickest and/or Fastest)
2. IDBL class racing
3. Atco Points

I'm torn because I bracket race but like to try and go fast. If there are a good amount of people focusing on going fast next year I'm thinking of building a bike for just that instead of trying to go fast on my bracket bike.

Let the cabin fever and Internet racing begin....

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
The end of the season is here. What direction are people going in 2016?

1. Atco's List (Quickest and/or Fastest)
2. IDBL class racing
3. Atco Points

I'm torn because I bracket race but like to try and go fast. If there are a good amount of people focusing on going fast next year I'm thinking of building a bike for just that instead of trying to go fast on my bracket bike.

Let the cabin fever and Internet racing begin....
Great Post...

Will If all goes well, *(Recovering form a MVA)* Ill be trying my hardest to be one of the quickest/fastest..
Of course try win a lil $$$ from some Mirock races, lol.

Not for nothing but we all raced each other and help each other but,like any other sport we have to be competitive and make our local track/Cecil more exciting not promoting any certain tracks, but I hope to be back out 2016.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Great Post...

Will If all goes well, *(Recovering form a MVA)* Ill be trying my hardest to be one of the quickest/fastest..
Of course try win a lil $$$ from some Mirock races, lol.

Not for nothing but we all raced each other and help each other but,like any other sport we have to be competitive and make our local track/Cecil more exciting not promoting any certain tracks, but I hope to be back out 2016.
🏾

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you do this "Fastest bike" craziness your level of enjoyment will end as soon as you buy the parts you BELIEVE will make this happen. You will chase this dream until your broke or hating even walking into the garage this bike is sitting in , IN PIECES ! Buy one that's done , you can see and possibly ride . Big Boy Racin takes Big Money . That will never change $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
32 years of dragracing ,and several bikes through the years ive spent that BigBOY money a few times over:sniff: But a good turbo bike with the right electronics and tuner can be very versityle:2thumbs:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Ridehard these boys may MAKE me bring a bike or two for you to ride so you can sittem all straight ! With weight difference allowance you'll be runnin anywhere from 7.25-7.40 no bar , no turbo . Now if I put some juice in the injection 7.00s ! Don't make me because that might be embarrassing to these run what cha brung fellas. Now this would be with Elliot's big ass on bikes he's never seen let alone rode ! He's the rider here fella's , ya maybe a decent rider and mechanic but ya can't out ride him ! That's not bragging it's just the way it is !
I guess the good thing is the people who race at Atco aren't into grudge racing compared to other areas so you can build a high seven second bike and be the fastest.

But as you mentioned big boy Racing can be expensive because technically I have a high seven second bike now but not with me on it so I have to build a mid 7 bike just to go sevens and that's where the cost comes in the play.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Now if your minds set on doing this and your not gonna listen to reason ! Then buy something already built that you can confirm runs the # your looking for . If you use your bike it's wasting a perfectly good bike that you will wish you had never touched (I've done the same thing ) I've RUINED 4 bikes that were fast as they sit to spend money I'm embarrassed to even admit to and ran barely faster then they were. That's when I listened to people that told me the same thing ( In the words of Stephan A. ) I"M TRY'IN TA TELL YA ! But I wouldn't listen and threw money in the toilet over and over chasing a #. Now we buy built bikes whether used or for us and it's fun again , guess work's gone and can run with the best of'em. AS IT SHOULD BE ! There's always someone wanting or needing to sell a good bike for 40-50% of what it's gonna cost you plus your not ruining your bike you already know run's . Those Big Bones take there toll on tranny's when you get into bigger hp to so remember that . That's a issue I see no way around .

·
Registered
316 Posts
I met some of you guys at Atco Black Friday, I was with James Culbreath, Please don't hold that against me HAHA

I am guilty of doing what was said above! I started with my 2011 Busa brand new, From dealer with 3 miles on it I took it to Carpenter for his 1441 Package. and did a 2-6 over arm to fit stock body etc. Well that thing sucked to race Wheelies etc. plus only having clutch mod and my size 300LBS I burnt clutches about every 10 passes. Keep in mind I wanted a fast street bike in my mind as I raced big Tire GS and GS turbo stuff for years, and got tired of the head aches with towing it back, having somebody start it etc. I wanted a bike that I could go myself and just have fun!

So after that year of that BS above, I tore it apart over the winter 2012-2013 and now did a 12 over arm, MTC full billet multi stage lock up, Penske shock, New rear body etc. Spent a lot of money. 2013 spring hits I go to Jason Miller class and bang off the trailer with the set up I go 8.86 with my street bike 1441 etc. I go through 2013 with that bike with zero issues, the bike was a great bracket bike 8.8 something and easy to ride. I should have left it alone, fun street bike and fast enough to keep anything honest with me on it.
2014 hits and I get the big Wang itch and fall into the I want to go fast idea again, BAD IDEA, So take bike back to Bob and do his 1635, with Billet crank and Ti rods and all the goodies, thinking man out of the trailer with this thing I am going to spank people!! UGHHHH NOOOO

What a mother that was to ride, even with me on it, had issues with wheelies and not on the hit but out 90 plus ft, soon as power came in it just was not working, SO I take it to MIR and My friends film some runs of it and we work closely with Penske shocks to get help on set up etc. Cole did a great job trying to help, but no matter what we did to soften and let bike or shock just eat up the hit it would act up. We then started gear changes etc. then got into clutch and all kinds of stuff. 1 step at a time so we could see what worked. by the end 2014 I got into the low 8.60 but I was embarrassed, as I just killed a great st bracket bike that was fun, People around me knew my dis pleasure to the point that I kept my 1441 stuff and was real close to dumping this big stuff to go back and have fun.
2015 hits, and all I hear is "you need a gen 2" that will do it!
ok get Bob to do a gen 2 install, and have Ryan Schnitz remove the POS Bazzaz as it was just a pain, do the ECU tune etc. Bike never was really smooth in the tune, Ryan hit a home run worth every penny in time etc. taking it out and getting it done, Also everyone kept saying put that bike on a diet, So I go out and buy NEW BST and all the crap for them, ceramic bearings all that stuff!!

So 2015 starts I have the MTC set up in and there idea of a tune in clutch and away we go, OMG what a disaster that day was, dam near flip it over backwards a couple times, then to make a 8 second pass I ride out the clutch it went 8.87 and melted that clutch pack to smithers, Day done, another 8 K spent to go sideways at best, Now look at the money I have into this bike and again as stated in post above it may not help!!

Weeks of trying to set up clutch and just banging my head I was ready to pull that GEN 2 and go back to hand clutch.
Came to Atco spring time with James Culbreath and other guys there and made 2 runs, and I will never forget James face, wheelies out there and still went 8.79
back in pits I was taking cover off to make yet another change on gen 2 and James pulls up "hey what are you trying now" I said have to try something, HE laughed and said don't waste your time, that bike at 12 over is to short, add length that is only way to fix this thing, SO
I go home and pull out more money!
do 18 over arm
18 over body
take shock back to Penske
all this again! 3rd arm 2nd body etc.
get is done and go to Cecil for Friday test and tune, All I kept thinking BOY DID I screw this fun bike up!!!!
out of the trailer holding my breath as this would be it, if it don't work its for sale! I am done
Bang 8.59 and a 1.35 60ft WOWOW I was stunned,
make another pas 8.57 with 1.34 60 ft Now I am smiling but bike still not happy, carries the front tire off ground out through 1st gear and bounces in 2nd
but ride able

rest of summer I made good runs in low 8.50s and thought ok I got it!!
Wrong Fast forward to great air in September and October

this thing was again un ride able Wheelies out past 100 ft still fast 8.57 but just leaving a lot out there as had to roll throttle in first or short shift whatever. Worked with James again and basically he said Roll it on to get it out there and get throttle wide open as soon as you can just don't whack it open, OK sure enough rolling it on and with a crap 1.37 60 ft it goes 8.47 WTH I parked it for the year as now need to do some gear changes etc.

But Moral of all this long winded stuff IS Be careful what you do or wish for! YOU WILL GET IT AND MUCH MORE AND be ready to keep poring cash into it to make even small jumps in ET IF YOU HAVE A FUN CONSISTENT BIKE LEAVE IT ALONE TRUST ME IMG_0472.jpg IMG_0507.jpg GOOD LUCK Brett

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I met some of you guys at Atco Black Friday, I was with James Culbreath, Please don't hold that against me HAHA

I am guilty of doing what was said above! I started with my 2011 Busa brand new, From dealer with 3 miles on it I took it to Carpenter for his 1441 Package. and did a 2-6 over arm to fit stock body etc. Well that thing sucked to race Wheelies etc. plus only having clutch mod and my size 300LBS I burnt clutches about every 10 passes. Keep in mind I wanted a fast street bike in my mind as I raced big Tire GS and GS turbo stuff for years, and got tired of the head aches with towing it back, having somebody start it etc. I wanted a bike that I could go myself and just have fun!

So after that year of that BS above, I tore it apart over the winter 2012-2013 and now did a 12 over arm, MTC full billet multi stage lock up, Penske shock, New rear body etc. Spent a lot of money. 2013 spring hits I go to Jason Miller class and bang off the trailer with the set up I go 8.86 with my street bike 1441 etc. I go through 2013 with that bike with zero issues, the bike was a great bracket bike 8.8 something and easy to ride. I should have left it alone, fun street bike and fast enough to keep anything honest with me on it.
2014 hits and I get the big Wang itch and fall into the I want to go fast idea again, BAD IDEA, So take bike back to Bob and do his 1635, with Billet crank and Ti rods and all the goodies, thinking man out of the trailer with this thing I am going to spank people!! UGHHHH NOOOO

What a mother that was to ride, even with me on it, had issues with wheelies and not on the hit but out 90 plus ft, soon as power came in it just was not working, SO I take it to MIR and My friends film some runs of it and we work closely with Penske shocks to get help on set up etc. Cole did a great job trying to help, but no matter what we did to soften and let bike or shock just eat up the hit it would act up. We then started gear changes etc. then got into clutch and all kinds of stuff. 1 step at a time so we could see what worked. by the end 2014 I got into the low 8.60 but I was embarrassed, as I just killed a great st bracket bike that was fun, People around me knew my dis pleasure to the point that I kept my 1441 stuff and was real close to dumping this big stuff to go back and have fun.
2015 hits, and all I hear is "you need a gen 2" that will do it!
ok get Bob to do a gen 2 install, and have Ryan Schnitz remove the POS Bazzaz as it was just a pain, do the ECU tune etc. Bike never was really smooth in the tune, Ryan hit a home run worth every penny in time etc. taking it out and getting it done, Also everyone kept saying put that bike on a diet, So I go out and buy NEW BST and all the crap for them, ceramic bearings all that stuff!!

So 2015 starts I have the MTC set up in and there idea of a tune in clutch and away we go, OMG what a disaster that day was, dam near flip it over backwards a couple times, then to make a 8 second pass I ride out the clutch it went 8.87 and melted that clutch pack to smithers, Day done, another 8 K spent to go sideways at best, Now look at the money I have into this bike and again as stated in post above it may not help!!

Weeks of trying to set up clutch and just banging my head I was ready to pull that GEN 2 and go back to hand clutch.
Came to Atco spring time with James Culbreath and other guys there and made 2 runs, and I will never forget James face, wheelies out there and still went 8.79
back in pits I was taking cover off to make yet another change on gen 2 and James pulls up "hey what are you trying now" I said have to try something, HE laughed and said don't waste your time, that bike at 12 over is to short, add length that is only way to fix this thing, SO
I go home and pull out more money!
do 18 over arm
18 over body
take shock back to Penske
all this again! 3rd arm 2nd body etc.
get is done and go to Cecil for Friday test and tune, All I kept thinking BOY DID I screw this fun bike up!!!!
out of the trailer holding my breath as this would be it, if it don't work its for sale! I am done
Bang 8.59 and a 1.35 60ft WOWOW I was stunned,
make another pas 8.57 with 1.34 60 ft Now I am smiling but bike still not happy, carries the front tire off ground out through 1st gear and bounces in 2nd
but ride able

rest of summer I made good runs in low 8.50s and thought ok I got it!!
Wrong Fast forward to great air in September and October

this thing was again un ride able Wheelies out past 100 ft still fast 8.57 but just leaving a lot out there as had to roll throttle in first or short shift whatever. Worked with James again and basically he said Roll it on to get it out there and get throttle wide open as soon as you can just don't whack it open, OK sure enough rolling it on and with a crap 1.37 60 ft it goes 8.47 WTH I parked it for the year as now need to do some gear changes etc.

But Moral of all this long winded stuff IS Be careful what you do or wish for! YOU WILL GET IT AND MUCH MORE AND be ready to keep poring cash into it to make even small jumps in ET IF YOU HAVE A FUN CONSISTENT BIKE LEAVE IT ALONE TRUST ME View attachment 238457 View attachment 238465 GOOD LUCK Brett
Great post and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Very good Brett ! My All Time Favorite post I've ever read Brett ! EVERY person should read this prior to ruining a perfectly good bike that your having fun with and if Elliott goes ahead with this craziness after reading this perfect example of throwing money at something I will know he has lost his mind ! Really enjoyed reading and thinking about my own GENIUS choices ! Buy another bike Elliott do not ruin that nice one you have that I bet you've never been mad at let alone hate and wanted to DIVORCE !

·
Registered
316 Posts
busa and vrod 001.jpg busa and vrod 005.jpg IMG_0472.jpg I blame it all on James Culbreath, He spends MY money like mad HAHA
I have to tell you I met James through Bob Carpenter, And he is a very good racer, I love His antics in staging lanes he keeps me laughing that's for sure.

One thing people who know me realize I never care to win a race I do it because I like going fast and having fun, In my mind if I really had to give a crap about racing to win, I would have been done years ago, Now with that said, I don't like when people starting talking crap, I know at the end of the day I have a fast bike! Sooner or later in 2016 Ryan Schnitz has promised to make some passes, He is about 164 lbs lighter than me!
That thing if it is geared right should go well into 7 second range, I may also put James on it for a race or 2.
I like to see nice bikes that are fast, At 300 lbs I have chased the 7 second runs for years, Turbo GS, Mountain motor GS etc.
It wont happen unless I spend retard money. I would like to see my bike at least get there.
And nothing makes me feel good is when people come to me and say that bike is sweet and fast, But again, now I cant street ride it, I may buy another Busa, and go back to 1441 and 12 over and have a street bike again, Problem with me is I have 2 Harleys and my Busa now, and the Harleys just sit, they each get less than 1000 miles a year.
I travel for work all over the United states, so racing during the week is out. But I like meeting new people and just chatting, I have no real dog in this game of run what you bring and all that, I am to heavy, its hard to find 300lb guys in this sport! but I do like to see you real race guys get it on, James had a great year he even won the wally at Cecil, and like I said he is tough to beat and his bike is set up to go,
I look forward to being back out in 2016, with fresh motor, some other mods OF course Spend More MONEY, at this point I plan to Bounce the check to the undertaker HAHAHA
Great job to all you guys and see you soon enough Brett

But I do love to watch all you guys go fast and do crazy stuff,
here is pictures of the bike, 1st is 6 over 2nd is 12 over 3 pic is 18 over And the bike keepps calling GIVE ME MORE MONEY

2381 - 2400 of 2430 Posts