Psychobike banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if 06 ZX10 interchangable with a 09 ZX10...motor, swingarm and all the rest...please somebody help me out....thanks in advance :2thumbs:

·
Registered
235 Posts
motors no,mounts different,wiring different,swinsarm no 06 has undertail exhaust,bodywork no.everything else yes

·
Registered
411 Posts
Can someone tell me if 06 ZX10 interchangable with a 09 ZX10...motor, swingarm and all the rest...please somebody help me out....thanks in advance :2thumbs:
Motors use same oil pan 06-10. The 2nd and 3rd gen cases and parts are closer to each other than they are the 1st gen. All swingarms are interchangeable 1st-3rd. All rear wheels interchange, 2nd and 3rd gen fronts interchange. Each gen uses different heads and tb's. Um what else are you interested in?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys....My buddy have a 06 with a salvage title and have the chance to buy a 09 with a clean title and want to know if everything would mount up....so could he just swop everything over to the main frame.....:2thumbs:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you guys know if the subframes are interchangeable? I saw a guy selling an 06 with 2010 bodywork and id like to make the switch. Looking at the two on ebay there is an obvious difference in shape but I didn't know if the mounting points were the same

·
Registered
32 Posts
A 2008-2009 ZX10r motor will bolt right up to a 2006/2007 ZX10R frame and run. Just need to change the throttle bodies(06/07 onto the 08/09 motor) because 08+ use 8 injectors and 06/07 use 4. Also need to cut the crank sensor plug off the 08/09 harness and solder it onto the 06/07 harness. Guy on zx-10r.net just did it. Put a 09 motor on a 06 bike. Started right up using same main harnes(changed the crank sensor plug) and mounts and ECU, and most importantly changedthe throttle body assembly. The 06/07 airbox won't fit otherwise aside from the 8 injectors on the 08+ motors
:buttrock:

·
Registered
383 Posts
the engine will fit, however the exhaust cam has to be changed to match your ECU... (06-needs 06 cam) changing out the ex cam pickup will not work. The timing is different. The cams are degreed different (111/104) and has more lift and less duration. You will have to change the wiring harness or change the exhaust cam. If you change the exhaust cam there will be more power becuase of the different intake cam, but the ignition timing will be different

·
Registered
1 Posts
thinking of doing this. Can some one tell me for sure can I put a 2010 zx10 motor in a 2006 frame? I would just need to use a 2010 wire harness???
Please help
I have the same challenge ahead of me, I swapped a 2010 motor on to my 2007 zx10r changed stator covers to match the 2007 harness plug. Using the 2007 throttle body/injectors. Do i need to change anything else? I plugged everything back in but no power comes on... Were you successful with your swap? Please help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts