Psychobike banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any clutch differences between gen1 & 2?

Just wondering if there is any clutch differences between the gen1 and gen2 busas? Is everything including the clutch cover, hub, basket etc a direct swap?

·
BUSY GETN BLOWN
2,569 Posts
Everything IS a Direct Swap! However, the Only Difference I Personally have seen is in the Outer Baskets Backing Plate Springs(Some will argue this with Me). On the Gen2, The Springs look Beefier and have Two Double Coiled Springs...... Did NOT See this one a Gen1 Basket.(Yes, I have Compared a Gen1 vs Gen2 Basket side by Side)
They WILL Still interchange and work Fine though. :beer:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The clutch pack itself can be interchanged as well. Some even say that the gen 2 clutches fibers and steels work better in a gen1.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the spings, bolt towers and clutchpack are different the clutch pack will fit either though.
Ok, so if the springs and bolt towers (studs) are different, wouldn't that make not fit right and not be a direct swap?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Ok, so if the springs and bolt towers (studs) are different, wouldn't that make not fit right and not be a direct swap?
the pressure plate,spring studs & spring of 2nd gen can be used on a 1 gen as long as the complete assy is used togrther.and vise versa.2gen spring & studs are longer, & the spring pocket in the pressure plate are much deeper.for more info get a hold of one the race shops on psychobike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts