Psychobike banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.
Anyone can help me on this one.
I need to know the exact distance between each throttle body gap. I would really appreciate if someone could provide me those .mm numbers both from gen 1 zx14 and also gen 2 zx14. Thanks
Font Line Art Pattern Rectangle

·
Registered
169 Posts
It is not clear what you are asking. What are the red lines supposed to represent? Inside of throttle bore, some point on the outside of throttle casting, blade edge, bore at inlet, bore at outlet, bore at some point in the throttle, .......?

Throttle body dimensions, at least with parallel bores, are defined by center-to-center distance between the central axis of the bores. With parallel bores, this is a fixed value throughout the system. What you have drawn is infinitely different depending on exactly where you are trying use as a measuring datum. It would be helpful if you explained why you need the information. You are more likely to get the information you are seeking.

·
Super Moderator
66 Posts
Easy Tasoskossi. Flyinphill is correct. Although the throttle bodies can be measured as you are requesting, smaller bore throttle bodies will have a larger distance edge-to-edge than a larger bore throttle body with the same center-to-center distance. The proper way is as Flyinphill suggests. The center-to-center distance will be the same regardless of bore sizes. If you REALLY need the measurement style you asked for originally, keep that in mind.

Later, Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts