Psychobike banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine is an 08, I've seen a lot of chatter on the net about them being grabby, that is at least the 06/07 but no solid info about the 08.
My personal experience is that it is grabby, however I have to paint that also with "I am a newbie" and so I don't know if my "experience" is even worth noting.
It might just be me!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Who ever said Hondas were not fast and worth racing? As a street bike they probably out live everything out. And they can be very fast. Look at stotz 1000 and stotz old blackbird. The black bird on boost was a beast! I think it's a good untapped market. Honda makes a good product always have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 06 cbr 1000rr with a spun crank bearing looking to rebuild it but I was thinking about dropping some 13.5.1 pistons in anyone have any insight to what else will have to be change like head gasket thickness or valve clearances?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have a 06 cbr 1000rr with a spun crank bearing looking to rebuild it but I was thinking about dropping some 13.5.1 pistons in anyone have any insight to what else will have to be change like head gasket thickness or valve clearances?
you can build it to stock spec like in the service manual, but, I would run the .6mm headgasket and set your cam degree numbers...then mill the head (if you can) until you have .040" ptv on the intake.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts