Psychobike banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i 60ft now 1.30-1.33 pretty consistently with 100% stock shock and 700lb race weight stock motor.. i never really have issues spinning but i am trying to figure out it a good JRI shock will help my 60 at all?????any input would help

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
i 60ft now 1.30-1.33 pretty consistently with 100% stock shock and 700lb race weight stock motor.. i never really have issues spinning but i am trying to figure out it a good JRI shock will help my 60 at all?????any input would help
I'm If ur 1.3 with stock motor and 700 lbs don't touch chit. If you knock some weight off maybe

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i really want a 1.20 somthing ha.......i dropped about 60lbs off the combo for this year and did ceramic bearings and switching from drz chain to the dr2 chain.....just trying to see how fast a stock motor will go on motor

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iam trying to run 5.40s consistently and 8.50s-8.60s big end i run 5.50s and 8.70s now and i am 230lbs in shorts....but alot of people at the track swear buy just putting JRI on there bike that they lost a tenth in 60ft but i dont think there is enough torque to pull my big ass out the hole left in it.......i lost 30lbs and bike dropped about 25ish lbs and then did the bearings and chain swap.....i can run 5.40s now but i run out of gear for whole 1/4 so iam trying to over build for 5.60 and crazy 8s so no matter weather my bike will run the number on motor just down to the lil nitty gritty stuff now chasing hundreths

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
what kind of clutch do you have? What bike..gen1 busa or gen2? How long is your bike? Completely stock motor?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gen2, 71"s ,stock clutch just mod and cushion and 100% factory sealed motor nothing special just pipe and tune.....i no there are faster guys out there but us big guys its hard for us to go fast but my bike runs decent i think for my weight its a full "MIROCK REAL STREET" legal bike for my weight and at 700lbs race weight i run 5.50s and 8.70s 158mph.....but not trying to start another stock motor thing on here i ust wanted to see where alot of guys are 60ft at with stock motor so i no if iam in the ball park or if it has more to give......i have a budy that runs 1.24 60ft with stock motor but its a grudge setup bike cut rail and all and like 120lbs lighter than me ha

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Your 60ft is well above average for a stock motor. i have actually seen some built motors that dont 60ft better than you. I have seen smaller guys(120-150lbs) get 1.27-1.30 60fts. i dont think you will get a tenth just by changing to a JRI shock.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if going to a shock even gave me .02-.04in 60ft ide justify buying it cause now it all about the lil things to max it out

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
with your bike and your weight, I'd say you are probably maxed out. You might be able to add more gearing to get a lower 60ft or add more HP. An aftermarket shock will help you...especially when you add more power. I just dont want you to expect alot once you add a shock. The shock will make the bike easier to control and ride. You may get minimal gains in the 60ft but really see a gain in the 330.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Keep in mind shocks don't do these things:

Add horsepower
Make you go faster just bc you have one

However they do these things:

Help with traction especially down track
And also can help with wheelies if your fighting them if set up right.

If your not having traction problems and not battling wheelies a aftermarket shock isn't going to help you, like said your probly maxed out, Add power then add a shock to control it bc that's what shocks are designed to do: CONTROL POWER

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Just don't think your gonna put a shock on and do a few clicks this way and a few clicks that way and pick up a tenth.

It's like adding bst's. People who say they dropped a tenth off their 60 with just adding a shock are leaving out parts of their story. It dropped a tenth for them bc A.They have enough power and can't control it or B. Made more than one change with the shock and didn't do Apples to apples comparisons before changing other things along with it

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just don't think your gonna put a shock on and do a few clicks this way and a few clicks that way and pick up a tenth.

It's like adding bst's. People who say they dropped a tenth off their 60 with just adding a shock are leaving out parts of their story. It dropped a tenth for them bc A.They have enough power and can't control it or B. Made more than one change with the shock and didn't do Apples to apples comparisons before changing other things along with it
Isn't he (badbusa) one that did drop crazy et from his BSTS?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep that's me there a whole post of it on here somewhere but.....I am just asking what other people have seen with doing shock comparisons with stock and aftermarket not saying i expect to pick up a tenth in 60 I just wanted to see what could be expected if any......Some people swear they picked up a ton from just shock but like Grey said I think it was a combination of different variables coming together finally not just shock

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would say that shock will help you more than hurt you and your 60s are good but a good shock will come alive big time at 330 when set up right and making power. I have a jri when I start adding power and feel confident that got plenty adjustments to get down track. I use to spend a bunch a money in my engines and go out with stock shocks not worth the headache you can get a jri shock for under 700 dollars. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would say that shock will help you more than hurt you and your 60s are good but a good shock will come alive big time at 330 when set up right and making power. I have a jri when I start adding power and feel confident that got plenty adjustments to get down track. I use to spend a bunch a money in my engines and go out with stock shocks not worth the headache you can get a jri shock for under 700 dollars. Just my 2 cents
Beamon hit it right on the head. Thats exactly what im doing this year. Going with a jri shock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts