Psychobike banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to gather all the info and tips that use while setting up my bike. Its a turbo gen1 busa, 64" strapped in the front, lowered to the center hole on the lowering link, stock rails, fully dressed plastics, 17-40 gearing, air shifter, multistage lockup , multistage Boost controller, and a non cut seat. It has a microtech secondary system with 65# injectors. I just need to get it tuned now. Im 6'7' 300#s and i have raced this thing foe years bi and previous bikes since '96. I have spent the last 4 years upgrading it to get in the 400+ hp range. I want to leave it short and race it because of the challenge and its a street bike. I dont care if it gets stuck in the 8s, i just wand to ride it as fast as it can possibly go with me on it at 64".

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Get a gen 2 clutch. Or any other engine driven clutch. The regular ones work off wheel speed and it's hard for us bigger guys to get that wheel moving

·
Registered
172 Posts
How much do you seriously race this thing....or is it a mostly street bike? answer honestly...

If it's a mostly street bike and a sometimes race bike...You can't beat a NLR Boost Comp setup. There are better clutches for a dedicated track/bracket bike...but NONE better for the street. zero.

Even the boost comp has been to 7.1x if you know what to do with tuning it in...

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Yeah, the NLR boost compensated clutch would be a very good option!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we have a local dragstrip that opened a year ago so i want to hit it about 3 times a month. I just got it together so i want to maximize what i have in it already. I have a friend that has 2 turbo bikes that he races and has agued the point that I should go to 38 teeth on the rear because of the wheelbase. Chris jones is currently building a prostreet one for him now. Thanks for the input and info. Keep the ideas and input coming. Its hard to get info for big guys and a short turbo combo

·
Registered
172 Posts
As far as gearing...we have been 19/48 at ~440hp on gear based boost control with a 235lb suited rider. chassis not optimized for drag. 1.6/1.8 and 8.3x @ 180mph. I believe we hit 6th between 800-1000ft so i could stand to make a change either direction because the shift is costing some time at the top.

My issues are at the short end of the track. Chassis prep, traction and clutch control. Bike is a MONSTER in the back half.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As far as gearing...we have been 19/48 at ~440hp on gear based boost control with a 235lb suited rider. chassis not optimized for drag. 1.6/1.8 and 8.3x @ 180mph. I believe we hit 6th between 800-1000ft so i could stand to make a change either direction because the shift is costing some time at the top.

My issues are at the short end of the track. Chassis prep, traction and clutch control. Bike is a MONSTER in the back half.
How long is it and what clutch is in it?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im going to get what i can get out of my current clutch next year, because I've invested so much in it in the past 4 years and my dually blew up so i need to buy a new truck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
How long is it and what clutch is in it?
8 over...so 66" WB...NLR Boost Compensated Lockup...You run a stock style basket and stock stack height with a welded inner hub. The pressure plate is modified and a diaphragm in the clutch cover uses air to apply pressure to "lock up" the clutch. It can use manifold pressure for the street or a AMS1000 or 2000 to infinitely control the action.

For the street there is absolutely no better clutch. I can use stock springs for a stock feel although i prefer a bit more static pressure so i run 3 SHD and 3 regular springs. Also with a modified Gen 1 Cable Clutch Conversion.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
8 over...so 66" WB...NLR Boost Compensated Lockup...You run a stock style basket and stock stack height with a welded inner hub. The pressure plate is modified and a diaphragm in the clutch cover uses air to apply pressure to "lock up" the clutch. It can use manifold pressure for the street or a AMS1000 or 2000 to infinitely control the action.

For the street there is absolutely no better clutch. I can use stock springs for a stock feel although i prefer a bit more static pressure so i run 3 SHD and 3 regular springs. Also with a modified Gen 1 Cable Clutch Conversion.
How much boost are you running on the wastegate, and how many rpms are you leaving at? I may go to a 44 or 43t sprocket if its not trying to wheelie off the line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts