Psychobike banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 gsxr1000 that we drag race. Bike has a stock engine with a sidewinder and a Woolich box and a long swing arm.

We took the motor out to replace the shift forks because it locked up on us. Put new forks back in and billet rods, put the motor back in, shifts great.

Now the problem......

Since we put the motor back in the bike acts like it has a vacuum leak the size of Kansas but I can't find anything. Plugs are bone white does not matter how much fuel I add or subtract they never change. We checked with carb cleaner and can't find anything. Replaced all of the sensors for the fuel injection, checked voltage and resistance for everything and it all checks out. Replaced the o-rings under the boots, nothing changed. pulled a couple injectors the o-rings look fine.

I have a WEGO on the bike, when I blip the throttle just from idle to 3000 rpm the AFR goes up to 19 and sometime stalls the bike. Adding fuel changes nothing.

Changed all the exhaust gaskets in case it was pulling air in that way.

About to push it over and burn it to the ground. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about fuel pressure,if its low it will cause that
has a new fuel pump in it.

We found the problem and feel stupid we did not catch it earlier. We had the injector plugs swapped. Runs like a scalded dog again. We did find a lot of little things wrong with the bike while looking for this problem so it wasn't a total loss.

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts