Psychobike banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1401cc Gen 1 (stock bore, 5mm Stroker). I was thinking about doing +2mm pistons. This would yield 1471cc. 2 questions: (A) Is this a streetable package at just 30cc larger than the very popular 1441cc? (B) my current motor has a Gen 2 block. I heard the Gen 2 blocks are very fragile and don’t like boring.

All input and information is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I have a 1401cc Gen 1 (stock bore, 5mm Stroker). I was thinking about doing +2mm pistons. This would yield 1471cc. 2 questions: (A) Is this a streetable package at just 30cc larger than the very popular 1441cc? (B) my current motor has a Gen 2 block. I heard the Gen 2 blocks are very fragile and don’t like boring.

All input and information is appreciated. Thanks.
Gen 2 blocks are fine as long as you don't try to pile nitrous on top of a 3 mil or 4 mil bored block

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply TurboR. It can be difficult to get feedback on this site so I'm glad you responded. I found the 83mm pistons that were in my 1407cc build so now I just have to send my block to Millennium and get it bored to 1363. That block on top of my 5mm stroker will give me a killer motor. I can't wait to get it finished. Thanks again.

GSXR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts