Psychobike banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They told you wrong. You will be just fine we do a lot of these for our street customers. So they can wax those new ZX 14's with the same size motor.
If you dont mind me asking what are the horsepower numbers without the head work and cams? I know its probably not a big increase but its still an increase.

·
Premium Member
2,878 Posts
I had a 1441 a few years back with a hand ported head and stock cams. It made 208 on C-16 on 2 different dynos

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Has anyone heard of a gen2 1441 detonating with stock head and stock cams?
what compression are you gonna run it at? what fuel and how much timing? if the compression is high enough and you run too much timing and/or shitty pump gas, you can detonate one..I have heard several rattle pretty on on the dyno when the customers were running mom/pop gas station pump gas that was either old or just that bad of gas..we put good pump gas in them and the pinging went away..

·
Registered
855 Posts
i agree with the above, if your worried about a 1441 detonating then you could drop the piston down in the hole slightly to lower compression a little but i do not thing you will have any problem with an off the shelf 1441 piston kit, it will make a fun street bike for ya! there is a lot of site sponsors that can get you set up

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
what mph do these 1441's run fully dressed.....mild compression and cams and pump gas vs the high compression cam with oxy fuel?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only time i've had an issue with mine was some marginal fuel i picked up from a small station out on a ride and had no choice. Rest of the time its been fine running 91 octane from shell :2thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts