Psychobike banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just built a turbo plenum for my 750, my question is what do I do about the intake temp sensor and the 2 breather hoes that cum on the stock plenum?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Plug the fresh air outlets on the top of the valve cover and incorporate the iat into the plenum. The ecu needs to see correct intake temp.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I blocked off the valve cover ports, but I left my intake temp sensor out and away from the motor. If it gets hot the ecu will lean the fuel map out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I blocked off the valve cover ports, but I left my intake temp sensor out and away from the motor. If it gets hot the ecu will lean the fuel map out.
If you tune through the ecu it can be used to add fuel and I beleive there is another timing table based on iat which can retard timing if it gets out of hand. Even if it was a stock n/a bike, the ecu would never lean it out if the iats get high, it should add fuel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you tune through the ecu it can be used to add fuel and I beleive there is another timing table based on iat which can retard timing if it gets out of hand. Even if it was a stock n/a bike, the ecu would never lean it out if the iats get high, it should add fuel.
Your Aluminum airbox that has just had abunch of boost ran thru it heats up and when you get caugth at a stop light in the summer it can go a little lean.
Unless your using Rom Raider you cannot change the IAT enrichment or timing adjustment

Your stock IAP can see up to around 6.5lbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts