Psychobike banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07/08 GSXR 1000 that I'm in the process of trouble shooting a couple of error codes. I haven't even started it in months, but last time out I was having fluctuating idle problems and shutting off when the throttle was released from high rpm. I figured I could flash the 47H60 .bin in ecu editor and disable the ISC valve. Initially I was having a C28 code when I fired it up today, but after replacing the STVA, that code and problem went away and the C40 code came up when the bike acted funny. The bike instantly revved much cleaner and started much easier as well with the new STVA, so I'm thinking once I get a handle on the C40 (ISC valve) I should be good to go.

In short my question is... does anyone have experience in loading the 47H60 or comparable .bin in ecu editor and completely removing the valve and or plugging the ports leading to and from it? Here is what YOSHIMURA does to do so for their EM pro. ISC Blind Kit (Idle Speed Control)

If possible, I'd like to remove the complete ISC valve, cap the ports and adjust the idle with the mechanical stop under the throttle cables that is retained with a small nut and threaded shaft.

Thanks in advance for any input. I'm not around the ecueditor, and won't be for a few days, so I figured I'd post this and potentially get a jump on a solution that may be proven in effort to limit my troubleshooting. Time to work on projects such as this hasn't been on my side lately.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Try to contact with Jkwool.Now there is free software for k8 1000 WRT.If You want to have lots of options then is better to use 21h50 ECU and bin.This version is one of the best.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I flashed a busa bin to my 07, completely removed isc, adjusted idle manually and starts and idles fine. Once in awhile i noticed if i chop throttle shut from high rpm, (dyno pull) it will kill the motor. Haven't looked in to what is causing that yet.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found this on the ecuhacking board. This sounds like a proven method to solve this problem.

"The 21H00 is the stock 1000 k7 Ecu,
Suzuki found a problem with the ISC valve ( idle speed valve ) on the 21h00,so there was a recall where they changed the ISC valve and the Ecu with the 21H50.

THIS DOESNT APPLY TO 1000 K8, such bike come with the already upgraded ISC and the stock Ecu already 21H50.

If you flash the 21H00 Ecu with a 21H50 bin, everything will work fine EXCEPT the idle will notwork as intended, the rpm will jump to 3500 and then back to 1500 oscillating between 2000 and 1000 rpm,and the FI light will turn on.

The solution is to flash the 21H50 bin and then disable the ISC valve, disconnect it and plug the hose coming from the air box to the ISC itself. You then have to adjust the idle mechanically playing with the idle screws on the pulley
."

This should take care of my problem and basically explains the exact issue I'm having. I figured I would post this finding in effort to help anyone else in the future that may come across the same issue.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok...I did as stated above and no longer have idling issues, hunting during idle when it throws the FI light and C40 code, nor is the bike throwing any codes any more. I figured i would post my results in effort to prevent anyone else having the same problems and pulling their hair out. In a nutshell, to stop the C40 ISC code I:

-flashed my ecu with the 21H60.bin
-in advance settings I turned off the ISC feature
- installed vacuum caps in place where the ISC reference line was
-unplugged the sensor on front of the throttebodies
-adjusted the idle after the bike warmed up with the mechanical stop adjustment as noted in the picture (it's a 7mm nut and small allen to advance the screw)

I hope the pictures and arrows help and simplify this process for anyone who may find it useful.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Ok...I did as stated above and no longer have idling issues, hunting during idle when it throws the FI light and C40 code, nor is the bike throwing any codes any more. I figured i would post my results in effort to prevent anyone else having the same problems and pulling their hair out. In a nutshell, to stop the C40 ISC code I:

-flashed my ecu with the 21H60.bin
-in advance settings I turned off the ISC feature
- installed vacuum caps in place where the ISC reference line was
-unplugged the sensor on front of the throttebodies
-adjusted the idle after the bike warmed up with the mechanical stop adjustment as noted in the picture (it's a 7mm nut and small allen to advance the screw)

I hope the pictures and arrows help and simplify this process for anyone who may find it useful.
Man I know this is a super old thread but thank you! You just saved me a bunch of money not having to buy this sensor from the stealership!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts