Psychobike banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice on the best way to tune my bike. ECU tuning,power commander,bazzaz,etc. I would like to get the full potential out of my bike. Thanks

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
I need advice on the best way to tune my bike. ECU tuning,power commander,bazzaz,etc. I would like to get the full potential out of my bike. Thanks
a combination of both ways is a very way to do it..flash the ecu to remove the restrictions, secondary fly control and a 50/50 injector balance...then use a pc5 to tune your fuel on a dyno...

Reactions: lee8sec

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. What kind of hp numbers should I expect? (On pump gas or race gas) Will I get anymore power out of giving it more timing?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I can't speak to a GSXR1000 but with 87 octane pump gas or MR12 we found no difference in hp on my Gen II 'busa.
There is an event I run that uses a spec fuel and it is ERC MUL/C which is 104 octane. We found by putting in 2 degrees advance we picked up 3 hp. By adding more timing it stayed the same hp so we left it at +2 for the ERC fuel. Actually that was the only way we could get the ERC to make more hp than the pump gas.
So the moral to my story, IMHO, is on a stockish N/A motor, not using some crazy ass exotic fuel and without spending a bazillon hours and $$$ building custom timing tables on the dyno, playing with the timing is not going to do much.
Your results may vary.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Actually I didn't make myself very clear. There was no hp advantage gained by changing the timing with lower octane fuel.You are correct that MR12 makes more hp than pump gas, in my case about 9. Advanced timing didn't make any more gains using pump gas or MR12 when the bike was tuned to each fuel.
The only time I gained hp by changing the timing was when I tuned for the ERC fuel and even then it was very slight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts