Bleeders in Real Street

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree3Likes

Bleeders in Real Street

This is a discussion about Bleeders in Real Street within the Real Street section, where you will Real Street Racing Enthusiast; We will be having a rule revision in RST coming soon that will have not allow bleeders in the class. The line from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder must be free of all

  1. #1
    Site Sponsor
    Jason Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jason Miller
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Bleeders in Real Street

    We will be having a rule revision in RST coming soon that will have not allow bleeders in the class. The line from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder must be free of all solenoids and bleeders. Everyone will need to keep the clutch in their hand. Stay tuned to the MIROCK site.
    IDBL Promoter
    Email: [email protected] (Don't PM on forums)
    www.RaceIDBL.com
    www.RaceMDIR.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Moving up the Ladder
    mdblkzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jimmy
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    hey jason, what about the modified bolts too!

  4. #3
    Banned

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Coventry PA
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike
    Rep Power
    0

    Default bleeder valves

    A bleeder valve does not always allow u to throw the clutch yes u can set it up to do that but its not really an advantage because u give up the light. U cannot cut a light with a bleeder valve set up to throw the clutch. More then a few had them last year why take something away that really didnt do anything it wasnt like a bleeder valve allowed a 7.70 pass.
    NON ADVERTISERS NOT ALLOWED IN SIGNATURES

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Moving up the Ladder
    CAPO SUPREM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NEWARK NJ(DA BRICKS)
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ashon
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    We will be having a rule revision in RST coming soon that will have not allow bleeders in the class. The line from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder must be free of all solenoids and bleeders. Everyone will need to keep the clutch in their hand. Stay tuned to the MIROCK site.
    Man this is a hand clutch class! And we know alot of riders try to do whatever they can to put a blind fold on the fact that a SMOOTH LEFT HAND is something they dont have!! Great rule jason!!
    I WAS RAISED WITH A PACK OF WOLVES SO I COULD NEVER BE A SHEEP!!! CAPO!!

  7. #5
    Moving up the Ladder

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Phoenixville PA
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John Kulcycki
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Tuning a bleeder valve takes skill and then to pin the throttle and through the clutch is just sick. The bikes with bleeders will be fast with or with out.Bottom line riding skill and luck only goes so far. If you are not innovative, can't tune, or just flat out lacking HP you are kidding yourself. You should still run the class to learn in the areas you are lacking and have fun not make excuses why other bikes are faster than you. Just trying to convert my pro sport bike to run the class but rules keep changing before the first race is a little discouraging.

  8. #6
    Moving up the Ladder
    CAPO SUPREM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NEWARK NJ(DA BRICKS)
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Ashon
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyk View Post
    Tuning a bleeder valve takes skill and then to pin the throttle and through the clutch is just sick. The bikes with bleeders will be fast with or with out.Bottom line riding skill and luck only goes so far. If you are not innovative, can't tune, or just flat out lacking HP you are kidding yourself. You should still run the class to learn in the areas you are lacking and have fun not make excuses why other bikes are faster than you. Just trying to convert my pro sport bike to run the class but rules keep changing before the first race is a little discouraging.
    Ok the bikes with the bleeders will be fast without them it shouldnt be a problem with the rule change for any rider Being innovative is great..but having a clutch hand is a craft that everyone doesnt have and if we have classes to allow auto pilot what will happen in the futher of the sport you will have riders that cant ride a true hand clutch bike!! No disrespct to any one but you put half the riders in pst,grudge on a short wheelbase true hard as a brick hand clutch bike some of them wouldnt be so impressive as riders keeping it all the way 100!
    supersport1550 likes this.
    I WAS RAISED WITH A PACK OF WOLVES SO I COULD NEVER BE A SHEEP!!! CAPO!!

  9. #7
    Super HoleShot Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CAPO SUPREM View Post
    Man this is a hand clutch class! And we know alot of riders try to do whatever they can to put a blind fold on the fact that a SMOOTH LEFT HAND is something they dont have!! Great rule jason!!
    *<span style=\'color:blue\'>Super HoleShot Member</span>

  10. #8
    Holeshot Member
    ABEASTN804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ricmond, Va **804*
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    LaVar Lewis
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CAPO SUPREM View Post
    Ok the bikes with the bleeders will be fast without them it shouldnt be a problem with the rule change for any rider Being innovative is great..but having a clutch hand is a craft that everyone doesnt have and if we have classes to allow auto pilot what will happen in the futher of the sport you will have riders that cant ride a true hand clutch bike!! No disrespct to any one but you put half the riders in pst,grudge on a short wheelbase true hard as a brick hand clutch bike some of them wouldnt be so impressive as riders keeping it all the way 100!
    I agree 100%
    supersport1550 likes this.
    *HoleShot Member
    Lewis Racing Richmond, Va
    Nextel (804) 400-9514
    Special thanks to my wife, Kruger,Cl,Lil Rob, and everyone that's been here for me and my family.

  11. #9
    I Finally Registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    NO BLEEDER VALVES

  12. #10
    Site Sponsor
    Jason Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jason Miller
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    The rules have only been updated one time so far to clarify the exotic materials issue and those components in the front wheel. Again, that was more of a clarification than anything else.

    This will be to straight up ban any form of bleeder, solenoid, modified banjo bolts, etc.. Any attempt to side step this issue will be considered illegal and the bike will be disqualified.

    So bring your line bleeding tools and be prepared to take those lines off at the races and show us those bolts, and be able to re-bleed your clutch lines to keep racing. These checks will be done at random times during events, not always at the end of the event.

    We are working on the wording for this and will have the revision posted when it is finished. Consider this your heads-up.

    This is a rider's class and it will stay that way.
    IDBL Promoter
    Email: [email protected] (Don't PM on forums)
    www.RaceIDBL.com
    www.RaceMDIR.com

  13. #11
    I Finally Registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks Jason an MIR I really didn't want ta go through another I'M NOT TROWING AWAY MY MULTI STAGE CLUTCH again like back in the old streetbike shootout days. Thanks again for honoring the rules an the class.

  14. #12
    Moving up the Ladder

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Croydon PA
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike Slowe
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    How are you going to tech a banjo bolt. Most of the after market lines come with a banjo bolt with a smaller whole in them. If you run a pressure switch to activate the boost controller most of them have real small holes. Are you going to test the flow rate or something.

  15. #13
    Site Sponsor
    Jason Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jason Miller
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Slowe View Post
    How are you going to tech a banjo bolt. Most of the after market lines come with a banjo bolt with a smaller whole in them. If you run a pressure switch to activate the boost controller most of them have real small holes. Are you going to test the flow rate or something.
    You are right, that teching this has to be figured out and that is the problem right now.

    I have to talk to some of the others on the committee about teching this. Bleeders done a certain way are not in the spirit of what this class was created for. And if possible I would really like to put a stop to this.

    I would like to hear some thoughts from other racers on this subject that run RST.
    IDBL Promoter
    Email: [email protected] (Don't PM on forums)
    www.RaceIDBL.com
    www.RaceMDIR.com

  16. #14
    Almost A Senior Member
    cow10r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I know nothing about bleeders so this mite be stupid question but couldn't you just pop the clutch lever and if it doesnt snap out or it goes slow, you would know something was up ?

  17. #15
    Site & Midway Sponsor
    ADAMS PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Race City USA
    Posts
    993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    stock line stock bolts..

    make it easy..

    garron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MIROCK Rule Revsions Real Street, Crazy 8s, Street
    By Jason Miller in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:53 PM
  2. real street is real fast
    By eddiewho in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 11:24 PM
  3. true street/real street ideals
    By cteam in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 02:34 AM
  4. 2009-REAL STREET VS. TRUE STREET
    By DOC 1k in forum Staging Lanes
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 10:48 AM
  5. ideals for real street/true street
    By cteam in forum Staging Lanes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
 

Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.