"Summer Slam" June 13th...Bowman Dragway, SC

10K views 65 replies 17 participants last post by  dragracer 
#1 ·
"Summer Slam" June 13th...Bowman Dragway, SC

"SUMMER SLAM"...King of Da Track!
June 13th 2009
*All New* Bowman Dragway...Located near Orangeburg, SC

Flyer & Detailz will post soon...
And ya'll know it will be "FREE" Grudge/Test-n-Tune for All Da Psychobike Family!!:buttrock: :beer:

*Top 8 Doorslammers
*Big Bikes & Atv's
*Bike & Car Show
*Block Party...Live DJ

#2 ·
re: "Summer Slam" June 13th...Bowman Dragway, SC

thats what im talkin bout right there, the wounds are still fresh and have another event on the books.nothin in may? whats up with that? keep em coming fellows you already have youre crowd locked in.:2thumbs:

#3 ·

"SUMMER SLAM"...King of Da Track!
June 13th 2009
*All New* Bowman Dragway...Located near Orangeburg, SC

Flyer & Detailz will post soon...
And ya'll know it will be "FREE" Grudge/Test-n-Tune for All Da Psychobike Family!!:buttrock: :beer:

*Top 8 Doorslammers
*Big Bikes & Atv's
*Bike & Car Show
*Block Party...Live DJ
Will do our best to make it again. Hopefully we'll have enough bikes to make an ET class this time. My boys on this end refuse to try their skills in a bracket race for some reason. Maybe they think its easier to just run up and down the track burning down the bike for nothing. Umm, on the other hand it could be they don't have enough skills to be consistent, round after round- a lot of one shot wonders out there:whatever: .

#7 ·

Will do our best to make it again. Hopefully we'll have enough bikes to make an ET class this time. My boys on this end refuse to try their skills in a bracket race for some reason. Maybe they think its easier to just run up and down the track burning down the bike for nothing. Umm, on the other hand it could be they don't have enough skills to be consistent, round after round- a lot of one shot wonders out there:whatever: .
Yeah Loney, I heard yall didnt get to race because no one signed up out of 50 bikes.:wtf1:

#5 ·

Doorslammers!!!...will be there to help lay down some rubber...track will be working!!!:2thumbs: :buggy: Pound 4 Pound Tour...Rollz On!!!!

#9 ·

Yeah, my teammate went down there to run the race, I wasn't able to come. He had fun, but really wished there would have been some guys that would entered the bracket class. Didnt know yall had over 100, he just said there had to be 50 or more...must have been much more. :biglaugha: Starting to be a real gamble for bracket guys to go race anymore because we dont know if people will enter the class or just want to test. Really bums you out to see over 100 test and tune bikes and cant get 10 or so to have a bracket race..:banghead:

#10 ·

Yeah, my teammate went down there to run the race, I wasn't able to come. He had fun, but really wished there would have been some guys that would entered the bracket class. Didnt know yall had over 100, he just said there had to be 50 or more...must have been much more. :biglaugha: Starting to be a real gamble for bracket guys to go race anymore because we dont know if people will enter the class or just want to test. Really bums you out to see over 100 test and tune bikes and cant get 10 or so to have a bracket race..:banghead:
Well Jason, its not like the Youngbloodz aren't trying to give us a place to race brackets, we just can't get people to participate. I can appreciate a good grudge run but not all the bikes testing and tuning have a shot in hell at beating a REAL grudge bike. The slower guys should at least give some thought to getting in where they fit the best- in the bracket race. Brackets were designed to make all things equal from the slowest vehicle to the fastest- thats why they also call it handicap racing. The slower bike gets the spot from the faster bike by the difference in their times. All things being equal ( reaction time etc..) both bikes should get to the finish line at the same time. Just dial your bike in to your quickest time, lock throttle and get there first without going quicker than you predicted. Now whats so hard about that to understand? Unfortunately many riders out there just don't comprehend the concept. Therefore, the sport of bracket racing on a local level is dying out and will likely be a thing of the past in a few years. Thank goodness these guys are making an effort to keep bracket racing alive- the only issue is, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him realize that bracket racing is REAL RACING:deadhorse: and a helluva lot of fun:2thumbs: .

#11 ·

I agree. Without bracket racing a lot of us would be in the stands instead of the pits. I get in every bracket race I can and will support all the races I can make it to.

#16 ·

do you have a flyer?
flyers:2thumbs: will be done by the end of this week

#19 ·

we are there!!!!! hey me and andy were the only two entered at the dorchester bracket race!! you guys know im down for the brackets!! :buttrock:
Bracket racing is all we do. Since it was only the 2 of you at Dorchester that signed up, we decided not to bother with it due to low count. Hopefully we'll get enough at Bowman to make up the bracket and 6.0 class.

Next race for me will be SEMDRA at the end of this month. I can't wait to get the gas off my chest. I feel like a crackhead without a rock- lol. :banghead:

#21 ·

I took a trip down to Bowman last night for a lil T-N-T, and even with the humidity in the air, the track worked good for me! Had a few doorslammers make a few passes before I staged and I hooked. Keep in mind, I dont have nearly as much power as you guys and im on a street tire, but the track should be in good shape come the 13th! :buttrock:

#25 ·

I took a trip down to Bowman last night for a lil T-N-T, and even with the humidity in the air, the track worked good for me! Had a few doorslammers make a few passes before I staged and I hooked. Keep in mind, I dont have nearly as much power as you guys and im on a street tire, but the track should be in good shape come the 13th! :buttrock:

Tested my small tire Kaw dragbike down there the other weekend. Had a 1.26, 60' and ran a 5.55@122. Decided not to spray it due to braking issues on the bike but i'm sure the track would have handled it with no problem. Track hooked for that small Mickey on a humid test and tune night so i know it'll work good in the day time for this event.

#31 ·

LOOKING FORWARD TO COMMING THAT WAY GOT A LOT OF FAMILY UP THIER IT SHOULD BE A NICE TURN OUT:2thumbs:

#34 ·
#35 ·

Big Grudge / Test n Tune
Bike Classes:
ET Bracket- $700 W $100 R/U $50 entry..16 bike min.
6.00 Index- $700 W $100 R/U $50 entry...16 bike min.

#36 ·

15 days to go!!!!!... "Pound 4 Pound" Grudge Racing Tour... Rollz On!!! Orangeburg, SC.... Get Low -N- Ride > Home

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.