Psychobike banner

Turbo or nitrous

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  BATTMAN 
#1 ·
Building a bike to so mostly street racing and track racing but need to make good power because the guys that running around here is all nitrous bikes and no turbo. I know it's hard to 60ft a nitrous bike so what do u think?

#5 ·
Hard to 60ft a nos bike? I've never heard that one before.......HTP just had a nos bike 60 1.1X and ran a 7.0X in the quarter. I would say that you can't just throw a nos system on there and hope for the best. You will need a good controller, that would help to ramp the nos in off the line if you have set up for that. I would talk to a builder brah. Try Dwayne over at Cycle Concepts.

#9 ·
The turbo will require you to have a large investment up front. The electronics and the tuning are the most important. After that, its minimal maintenance. With a nitrous bike, your investment is smaller up front but over a longer period of time. You need to fill nitrous bottles and freshen up the motor every year. Either of them needs a good chassis. Either one can get expensive. It cost money to go fast.

#13 ·
Unless you're specifically attached to that bike for some reason...ditch it and get a 08+

You get 2 sets of injectors
a more robust ECU
support for boost fueling and GM 3 bar MAP through stock ECU
Two step
traction control
air shifter
blah blah blah blah....

All through the stock suzuki ECU which is all you need for a street and sometimes track bike.

Your Turbo Kit Choices should be limited to:

NTR
RCC
NLR

I went with NTR because he's about 2hrs away from me. With some big injectors in the secondary slot, a big fuel pump, and schnitz doing the dyno work i put down 460hp on E85. Non-intercooled.

#14 ·
Big Horespower is useless without progressive control.

At > 350 HP, I think the nod goes to the Turbo. The boost controllers that are out there can very progressively launch at low boost ~ 230 HP and by gear or time or both ramp gently to 500++

At < 350 HP I think the nod goes to Nitrous. A much simpler controller can progress a 100 - 150 shot out of the hole for a hole lot less money. You can't (easily) start a 200 shot at 40 hp. It doesn't work without a lot of trickery.

Best of both worlds. Go Nitrous Turbo!

#20 ·
with suzuki filing bankruptcy I doubt there will ever be a Gen 3. suzuki is small company. they pulled all their auto sales out of the US.

they are not like Kawi which also builds ships and turbo diesel motors for trains as well as jet skis and power equipment. Yamaha makes its money with high end audio equipment and pianos and organs. Honda cud blow everyone out of the water cause they have the deepest pockets.

suzuki hasn't done really anything in the past few years cause their broke! I wudnt be surprised to see them discontinue the Busa and focus on the GSXR 1000. that market is much more profitable then the Busa market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.