will the engine fit?

+ Reply to Thread

will the engine fit?

This is a discussion about will the engine fit? within the Turbo Nitrous section, where you will Drag Racers sharing info on Turbo and Nitrous applications; I have an 06 gsxr 1000 turbo, I also have an 03 gsxr 1000. The 06 had been low sided and tore up the fairings, tank, lighting. The engine and turbo came through undamaged. The

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like

Default will the engine fit?

I have an 06 gsxr 1000 turbo, I also have an 03 gsxr 1000. The 06 had been low sided and tore up the fairings, tank, lighting. The engine and turbo came through undamaged. The 03 is a near perfect copper and black Canadian model. Is it possible it just swap the engines and harness? I'm sure some fabricated mount would be needed to secure the 06 Speedo, I was more curious about how the engine bolts in. Anyone done this or know of a thread that I couldn't find?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Most suzukis motors/parts interchange.. the motor will fit but i dont think 2 of the front motormount bolts will line up but 4 is fine..and You will have mod a few things to get the guages to fit ect..all else should work..handlebar switches,harness,throttle boddies ect will have to be from 06..prob use 04 radiator though..
    " RUN YOUR BIKE.......NOT YOUR MOUTH!!!"

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like

My plan was to pull everything off the 06 beings it's still running and ridable, just looks bad with no fairings a race tail and a streetfighter nose.not to mention the dented tank. I could easily make a bracket to goodthe6 Speedo. I was mostly concerned about the engine mount locations.I had to have the radiator on the 06 cut down to for the turbo, I might end up just swapping the entire 06 over. I'll have to dig allot deeper before I start roping into both my bikes. Granted is starting to get cold but it never really gets that cold in south Texas.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

You can try the 06 radiator,,,why not just fix the 06? unless the frame is messed up doesnt sound to bad..

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like

After all the work I put into getting the 06 built I'm almost sick of looking for parts to fix it. The frame is fine, couple scratches but nothing deep. The sliders took 90% of the damage. even the slider on the chain adjuster got ground down about half way.Swing arm didn't even get a scratch. The stock tail got hit good, didn't bend the sub but snapped the lights off. Tank I think hit the curb. Went upside down and the stabilizer got ground down. I've put about 150+ miles on it after the wreck and took it to a local shop to have the engine looked at. They said I really lucked out.
    I've looked local for another tank, and tail but every one around here is dented and they s still want 100+. As far as I was told, mechanically, it needs neck bearings. Cosmetically it needs just about everything.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

gotya..but fixing it alot easier than the swap..and the 04 isnt worth as much when done..your bikes your time and money of course..good luck either way..

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like

I'm at a crossroads I guess. You're 100% right on value. And if the 03 got looped or dropped I have no idea where I could find the copper colored OEM fairings. I'm sure that would be a lost cause. Thanks for the advice.

Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like

If the neck bearings are out of adjustment after an accident its not a good sign, damage the forks at all ? or had the frame checked

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jeff

Every thing will work just a cpl head bolts won't line up but not a big deal but the radiator will not work