pro street 1000 turbo size

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree5Likes

pro street 1000 turbo size

This is a discussion about pro street 1000 turbo size within the Turbo Nitrous section, where you will Drag Racers sharing info on Turbo and Nitrous applications; What is the best size turbo to use on a 1000 im on the fence with ether a gt30/40 or a gt35 both with billet wheels and ball bearing. what would be the best way

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    sweetride10r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jeff "Stumpy" Dalton
    Rep Power
    0
    Country: United States

    Default pro street 1000 turbo size

    What is the best size turbo to use on a 1000 im on the fence with ether a gt30/40 or a gt35 both with billet wheels and ball bearing. what would be the best way to go. The bike will have a standalone not sure about an innercooler yet though. I hope someone can give me some more info than I have tried to get from others. The main answer I get is just buy our kit it will work for what you want.
    Twisted Gixxer likes this.
    Dont talk sh*t about someone if your going to ask for help from them.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Moving up the Ladder
    Twisted Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Landis
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Billy
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    gt30 or 35 i have a persion 60-61 and it matches prostreet rules and regs, billet wheel and ball bearings wont really matter honestly bc youll be using a 2step and or a antilag map with a gen 2 or rock style clutch save the little money and go with a standard turbo plus you cant rebuild a ball bearing turbo just be safe and what year is the 1000 you plan on doin a 05-06 or the 07-08
    Speed its a Drug! The faster I go, the faster I wonna go!!
    "East Coast Mafia"
    06 Gsxr 1000 aka Lil Rocket

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    sweetride10r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jeff "Stumpy" Dalton
    Rep Power
    0
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Gixxer View Post
    gt30 or 35 i have a persion 60-61 and it matches prostreet rules and regs, billet wheel and ball bearings wont really matter honestly bc youll be using a 2step and or a antilag map with a gen 2 or rock style clutch save the little money and go with a standard turbo plus you cant rebuild a ball bearing turbo just be safe and what year is the 1000 you plan on doin a 05-06 or the 07-08
    05 zx10r and a 06 gsxr 1000 will be going with comp turbos as they are rebuildable. just not sure if we are doing oilless yet or not
    Dont talk sh*t about someone if your going to ask for help from them.

  5. #4
    Moving up the Ladder
    Twisted Gixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Landis
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Billy
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    the zx10 will def be different to see running honestly....go with your standard turbo keep the oil in it lol the zx10 will def turno out lighter i would think as well which might just help you out in the 1/4 against the bigger bikes

    plus to spped your work in progree up check out big cc racings facebook they are clearancing the zx10 turbo headers and dump pipe good deal and good products
    Speed its a Drug! The faster I go, the faster I wonna go!!
    "East Coast Mafia"
    06 Gsxr 1000 aka Lil Rocket

  6. Thanks busa3271 thanked for this post.
  7. #5
    Senior Member
    sweetride10r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jeff "Stumpy" Dalton
    Rep Power
    0
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Gixxer View Post
    the zx10 will def be different to see running honestly....go with your standard turbo keep the oil in it lol the zx10 will def turno out lighter i would think as well which might just help you out in the 1/4 against the bigger bikes

    plus to spped your work in progree up check out big cc racings facebook they are clearancing the zx10 turbo headers and dump pipe good deal and good products
    we will see what I do with the zx10 its been a project I cant wait to get it to the track
    Dont talk sh*t about someone if your going to ask for help from them.

  8. #6
    Moving up the Ladder

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mil town
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    2
    Country: United States

    Default

    I really want a COMP turbo for a new build I am doing but I get NO RESPONCE OR ANWSERS from Justin at COMP.
    I am curious how much luck you have getting any info from them. I have sent multiple email and phone calls just to get some compressor and turbine A/R maps or info.
    They keep telling me they dont release billet wheel information. I told them I dont need billet wheel info just basic turbo info. As a result I have given up on COMP and more then likely go Precision. WTF!!! Business is not what it use to be.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    sweetride10r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jeff "Stumpy" Dalton
    Rep Power
    0
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gsx-rboy750 View Post
    I really want a COMP turbo for a new build I am doing but I get NO RESPONCE OR ANWSERS from Justin at COMP.
    I am curious how much luck you have getting any info from them. I have sent multiple email and phone calls just to get some compressor and turbine A/R maps or info.
    They keep telling me they dont release billet wheel information. I told them I dont need billet wheel info just basic turbo info. As a result I have given up on COMP and more then likely go Precision. WTF!!! Business is not what it use to be.
    There are alot of companys not giving out compressor maps now that does not bother me one bit. I have talked to Justin out there for over an hour yesterday. He know what I am trying to do and have set me in the right direction. I will be ordering from them very soon.
    Dont talk sh*t about someone if your going to ask for help from them.

  10. Thanks k5hitter thanked for this post.
  11. #8
    Super HoleShot Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Western, PA
    Posts
    4,245
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John
    Rep Power
    15
    Country: Tuvalu

    Default

    Most companies probably don't give out compressor maps because they don't have them. The equipment to actually develop a compressor map is costly. Most companies just tweak existing designs for compressor and turbine wheels (or just use them flat out) rather than doing full up engineering on them. The aftermarket is a whole different world as compared to those companies that also support OEM applications.
    sweetride10r and Gsx-rboy750 like this.

  12. #9
    Moving up the Ladder

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mil town
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    2
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sportbikeryder View Post
    Most companies probably don't give out compressor maps because they don't have them. The equipment to actually develop a compressor map is costly. Most companies just tweak existing designs for compressor and turbine wheels (or just use them flat out) rather than doing full up engineering on them. The aftermarket is a whole different world as compared to those companies that also support OEM applications.
    Garrett doe Borg does. But your right they do support OEM. Ya I talked to Justin today and he was alittle more helpful. I just like doing the calculations on the turbo before I just go slapping it on.

    But like I said I want a COMP turbo it's just I wasn't getting the information I wanted. Maybe I am expecting too much which is very much possible. There turbos do looks sick and I think my disco potato will be replaced next year with a CT-3 series from COMP.

    No disrecpect intended. I just use to garrett.

  13. #10
    I Finally Registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Redmond,Oregon
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Burton Viers
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    There is a Spec CompTurbo For The 1000 and Busa Prostreet Class Right Now !!!! (OIL-LESS) 4 went out this week!!! 3 More Being Built and About 5 People on the Hook.lol I have a Photo of a few on my FaceBook Burton Viers
    sweetride10r and Big Rob like this.
    GO HARD OR GO HOME NO POSER!!!

  14. #11
    Almost A Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    2
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Go with the gtx30 or 35 both will work good for that bike.

  15. #12
    Moving up the Ladder

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    5
    Country: United States

    Default

    garret has the best power per size wheel when it comes to class racing

    2

  16. #13
    Super Holeshot Member
    Agent Orange has made a donation to the forum!
    Agent Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Greenbrier, AR
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike Dickey
    Rep Power
    0
    Country: United States

    Default

    I don't believe the GTX is legal in pro street.
    Precision has great products.
    Burton can get you set up with a Comp turbo. They also look nice.
    Prostreet #328
    ProMod #???

  17. #14
    Super Holeshot Member
    Agent Orange has made a donation to the forum!
    Agent Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Greenbrier, AR
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike Dickey
    Rep Power
    0
    Country: United States

    Default

    I don't believe the GTX is legal in pro street.

    Precision has great products.

    Burton can get you set up with a Comp turbo. They also look nice in Design and aesthetics.
    Prostreet #328
    ProMod #???

  18. #15
    Super Holeshot Member
    Agent Orange has made a donation to the forum!
    Agent Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Greenbrier, AR
    Posts
    936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike Dickey
    Rep Power
    0
    Country: United States

    Default

    I would also recommend the largest turbo you can run legally. If you have a decent ECU, you will have no problem getting it up.
    Prostreet #328
    ProMod #???

Similar Threads

  1. Joe Rocket Pro Street pants Size 32
    By NitroGixxer07 in forum Garage Sale
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 01:21 AM
  2. Pro Street Turbo Kit
    By timhays in forum Garage Sale
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 11:22 AM
  3. MIROCK Pro Street Turbo size rule
    By Jason Miller in forum MIROCK Series
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 10:09 AM
  4. pro street turbo busa for sale
    By bluebusa in forum Garage Sale
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
  5. Real Street Rules No Max Turbo Size?
    By rrogers in forum AMA Dragbike Series
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.