Psychobike banner

& The Turbo Headache Continues!

8K views 75 replies 23 participants last post by  SURPERNUT 
#1 ·
I was having issues with oil return on my old home made header, bought an RCC Header and the issues continue. The header fits perfect and turbo mounts up to it, the problem i have now is the tire wont clear the turbo housing. I believe this is because my forks are cut and its sitting real low. I would like to avoid the 16" CBR wheel conversion and would like to keep my forks. Only thing i came up with is hacking up the header and mounting it more to the side... What are your ideas?

Auto part Fuel line Engine Vehicle Carburetor
Auto part Tire Vehicle Engine Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Vehicle brake
Auto part Tire Automotive tire Wheel Engine

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you have any clearance between the compressor housing annd the engine? If so you coudl angle mill the Turbine flange on the header and or turbine housing as well as teh head spigots if necessary.
Do you have stock offset clamps?

That thing looks really close to just the backing plate let alone the compressor housing.

#15 ·
I tried but the exhaust housing hits the motor where the notch is for the crank.

Did u just buy this bike from a Guy in Michigan not long ago
I bought it couple months ago out of Detroit.

Flip the turbo and put on a 120/60/17 pirelli, that will solve your problem. The tire might work. Try that first. Cheap fix!

Kev:2thumbs:
I dont think 10mm is going to clear it,ill get another picture with the housing on and youll see how much room i have.

#14 ·
I was having issues with oil return on my old home made header, bought an RCC Header and the issues continue. The header fits perfect and turbo mounts up to it, the problem i have now is the tire wont clear the turbo housing. I believe this is because my forks are cut and its sitting real low. I would like to avoid the 16" CBR wheel conversion and would like to keep my forks. Only thing i came up with is hacking up the header and mounting it more to the side... What are your ideas?

View attachment 97541 View attachment 97542 View attachment 97543 View attachment 97544
Flip the turbo and put on a 120/60/17 pirelli, that will solve your problem. The tire might work. Try that first. Cheap fix!

Kev:2thumbs:

#17 ·
it had a small pump similiar to the one schnitz sells, i got rid of the header on the bike and bought an rcc header and thats what you see in the pictures. i bought a bigger pump but couldnt find where to mount it so went to a header and will drain into oil pan when i get it to clear everything.

Why are guys telling me to get offset clamps? Wouldnt that push my will further in toward the motor?

#25 ·
michelin shows the pilot power 120/70 17 that you have on the bike is 24.09" and the power pure 120/60 14 is 23.07" that is in use height. you have to remeber the 70 and 60 ar a percentage of the 120. I will still messure the tire tonight.

#29 ·
Miling both flanges to about half thickness will raise the turbo up a little..

I also told.him try flip turbo to the other side..my turbo hits the tire also with cut forks..but not that bad and i have the pirelli bicycle tire..not really for a bicycle but like a ninja 250..

#35 ·
My friend works for Lingenfelter, he is coming over tonight to look at the problem and will most likely cut up and modify the header so the turbo sits in the right pocket as pictured above.

Nem how is the oil return set up on that bike? Is he using a scavange pump or just straight into the pan?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.