WET NOS BUSAS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

WET NOS BUSAS

This is a discussion about WET NOS BUSAS within the Turbo Nitrous section, where you will Drag Racers sharing info on Turbo and Nitrous applications; SEEING MORE AND MORE NOS GRUDGE BUSAS WITH WET KITS, USING CARBS..WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS WITH EFI THAT WOULD MAKE CARBS A BETTER CHOICE. ARE THERE PROBLEMS WITH TIMING CONTROL AND FUEL CONTROL BECAUSE OF

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Default WET NOS BUSAS

SEEING MORE AND MORE NOS GRUDGE BUSAS WITH WET KITS, USING CARBS..WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS WITH EFI THAT WOULD MAKE CARBS A BETTER CHOICE. ARE THERE PROBLEMS WITH TIMING CONTROL AND FUEL CONTROL BECAUSE OF ALL THE SENSORS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JAKE

i went to carburetors because i was able to get rid of a ton of electronics and wiring which simplified the bike big time. i saved an honest 20lbs by taking the fuel injection off too! Now, I was a fuel injection guy for a long time, and really appreciated programmable fuel injection on cars, but I love these lectrons. That being said, I would not fault anyone for going with an aftermarket stand alone. There are some really nice plug and play options these days.

also, pulling plugs and changing jets is a reality with a nitrous bike. with the carburetors, you have nothing in the way, and its a breeze to work on. that damn throttle body/airbox clamp used to REALLY piss me off!
    2013 King of the West Coast
    2012 King of the West Coast

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Joey Caffery

Carbs are cheap and simple to tune, however the down fall is it won't correct for weather changes like DA, temp, humidity, etc...... Plus you can run it all dry instead of having to use a wet system.......Fuel injection for me is where it's at!!!just my .02
    ACP Racing
    256-797-7798

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you have a handy man that you can keep on deck to help tune it.Stay FI.Fi and dry is the way to go. Who cares about 20 lbs you lose ehen you can make more hp than u need anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER

Why does everyone think that fi is easier to tune? If you have an expensive standalone you need a builder to be there to tune tune tune that shit. Sure all the shop owners and tuners will say fi. But they tune and work that stuff every day for many years.
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

HMM.....

LIL CEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cecil Towner

I don't understand why people think if you go stand alone efi you marry a tuner. This is how it goes if you deal with a good experienced tuner after its dyno'ed you should be done for the most part . When I go to the track to support my customers I'm not changing there map , I might tweak stuff here and there. The main thing is collecting data and the goal is always trying to put the most horsepower you can to the ground and fast as you can. And having that control is priceless.

Bottom line go with what you know or what you are willing to learn.
    jay1282, Big J, jwill and 2 others like this.
    HTP Performance
    1510 Webster street
    Richmond, VA 23220
    804-340-0800

VIP/DONATOR
    baggdexpo has made a donation to the forum!
    michigan in the winter, south in the summer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JASON

Or listen to people that have never been fast and just talk out their ass because they hear stuff...
    Born2Ride likes this.
    If you haven't done it ... Please keep your advice to yourself .....

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    bruno

Quote Originally Posted by HTP Performance View Post
    I don't understand why people think if you go stand alone efi you marry a tuner. This is how it goes if you deal with a good experienced tuner after its dyno'ed you should be done for the most part . When I go to the track to support my customers I'm not changing there map , I might tweak stuff here and there. The main thing is collecting data and the goal is always trying to put the most horsepower you can to the ground and fast as you can. And having that control is priceless.

Bottom line go with what you know or what you are willing to learn.
    I agree wit Cecil 100%
    07 64'' nos busa...BLACKOUT DEATH B 4 DISHONOR FAMILY B4 ALL 70'' NOS BUSA WILDTHANG

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER

Quote Originally Posted by baggdexpo View Post
    Or listen to people that have never been fast and just talk out their ass because they hear stuff...
    And how fast have you been? Oh that's right you don't ride anything
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

HMM.....

VIP/DONATOR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JASON

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grey View Post
    And how fast have you been? Oh that's right you don't ride anything
    Fast than anything out of your slow ass state... So go fuk your self and break the 8:50 time zone ... But until then keep your mouth shut with advice... You have never had a fast bike ... No 1 give A fuk about what u think... Because you don't kno anything ....

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

All bikes are easy to tune no matter what system they have. Remember this if nothing else. The bike has no clue what is controlling it, but you should learn the system that is. The output is going to only be as good as the input of data into it. You should learn your bike instead of wasting time on the net trying to learn it. Get a book, read it, comprhend it and tune your own bike. Become your owner tuner/tweaker, it will benefit you more in the long run than any post you read on the net.
    Pruitt'sBusa and smiffderek like this.
    "The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER

For your information my bike has been faster than 8.50's you retard. And what makes you the king of psychobike?? You think because you've watched fast bikes in person that you know everything about bikes.

I actually try to help people and I'm not a dick about stuff like you asshole. You always get on people's post and make stupid ass remarks about shit you know nothing about like you build, race and tune the fastest bikes in the country. You think everything in my state is slow your gonna find out otherwise next year. Just because we don't run our dick suckers like Michigan boys do don't mean our stuff is slow.

FYI the recession never raced anyone fast and its not fast so bring that piece of shit back out and try somebody at all those races you drive 16 hours to go to and see what happens. You will lose
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

HMM.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER

This here carb bike will run over anything you got with my heavy ass ridin it next year you can bet that
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    jhenry likes this.
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

HMM.....

VIP/DONATOR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JASON

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grey View Post
    This here carb bike will run over anything you got with my heavy ass ridin it next year you can bet that
    Bet that bitch don't see #'s we ran last year or this year...So Save your money up homo ... We ain't racing for pennies like you broke ass likes to race for... O and fuk that bike.... Should we watch the last race when your full out slow ass grudge bike got ran the fuk over by my 100% fully stock dressed street bike on a 100% stock hand clutch... Chump ass fag!!!!

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitrousbusa569 View Post
    Carbs are cheap and simple to tune, however the down fall is it won't correct for weather changes like DA, temp, humidity, etc...... Plus you can run it all dry instead of having to use a wet system.......Fuel injection for me is where it's at!!!just my .02
    joey,
    have you traded your wet system in for a dry? if so, what was reason.
    swamp likes this.