Psychobike banner

07gsxr/3mil/nitrous

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Ike Turner 
#1 ·
wanting to know if a 60 shot would hold up on an 07gsxr, already 3mil, going to have a progressive on it with u4.4,

#6 ·
From what I know about the 07s is on a stock bore the 60 is good but what about on the 3mil? It runs great but always pushing the limits. If it will hold more or less anymore input is appreciated. Thanks. Also motor already have heavy duty springs and good rods.

#7 ·
Sounds like sthin I would like to have. But the main concern would be the cases cracking. If built right with older cases a 60 progressed should be fine with right insurance. Springs, studs, girdle always helps. Def the springs. The tune needs to be a good one n u should be fine. That's always the main factor. Sounds like a good set up best of luck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#10 ·
the deal on the 07/8 cases is the ventilation holes
in the cylinders they are the largest of the yrs 03-08
will crack from hole uppward
its a roll of the dice how long they last on motor and spray
on a 76mm bore
comp,nos and tune has a factor
as the plater that did bore and nic
but boils down to some dont crack or egg and some do
older cases have less chance but still can and do
again a roll of dice how long it last
john

#13 ·
John is correct. There is a good chance that it will crack faster in the later years compared to the newer years. Depending on how the motor was built along with components will depend on how long it will live. Definitely change the oil often. But use a progressive system for sure. The gas depends on urn setup. I4.4. Is pretty good from what I hear. Then u have q16 or c16. I have no knowledge with either. I did here there is a vp fuel just for spraying a motor. I may be wrong some1 please inform or correct me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.