WHICH SETUP...MTC MULTI STAGE OR SLIDER...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

WHICH SETUP...MTC MULTI STAGE OR SLIDER...

This is a discussion about WHICH SETUP...MTC MULTI STAGE OR SLIDER... within the Tuning Performance section, where you will Engine mods-Tuning talk for all Sport Bikes Every little bit helps!; The bike will be just for grudging only...i have heard some guys say that you can set the multi stage up just as good as a slider but i want more opinions on this....me personally

Post Thanks / Like

Default WHICH SETUP...MTC MULTI STAGE OR SLIDER...

The bike will be just for grudging only...i have heard some guys say that you can set the multi stage up just as good as a slider but i want more opinions on this....me personally i think the slider is best....this is for a 06 GSXR1000.....
    BOOMAN

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of transmission driven lockups as they have several disadvantages compared to the newer engine driven technology.

We get a lot of calls of users of the transmission driven lockup assemblys who are frustrated at there attempts to meet there needs,these types of lockups can be used effectively but isnt as forgiving to a tuner who isnt proficient in clutch tuning as the engine driven clutches can be.

Any clutch requires a certain understanding of tuning but in my opinion the engine driven clutches offer more forgiveness and excell in these areas over the transmission driven technology of years past..

engine driven clutches offer more consistency from pass to pass,engine driven clutches also offer improved clutch life,for instance on a transmission driven lockup assy,i have seen clutch life reduced significally in some applications
    slowracer likes this.
    timhays@haysmachineworks.com[/CENTER]
    Phone: 704-713-9274 sales@haysmachineworks.com
    First Pro Street Bike Clutch in the 6 Second Zone 6.90 with a 7

4. Like mjk liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

On the other hand i have seen engine driven style clutch kits offer an entire season of clutch pack life on 600hp pro street applications.

engine driven clutch systems offer improved tuning as you are tuning according to engine rpm,unlike transmission driven setups,when you shift as the rpm drops the clutch will soften as the rpms go down essentially assisting your engine to remain in the range where the peak hp and torque is being provided.

these are just a couple of advantages of the engine driven technology versus thransmission driven technology.

Post Thanks / Like

There are several options in the marketplace as far as clutches are concerned,you can buy a transmission driven lockup,slider,engine driven lockup one at a time and change out as you grow or outgrow one particular option which happens alot in our industry.

one other option we feel is the most economical solution to this dilemma is investing in a Hays Convertable Clutch,to say this is an investment is an understatement,with the Convertable Clutch system you can have the same options of several other seperately packaged clutch systems plus some others dont offer in one revolutionary package,sometimes at a cost of less than 1 of the other systems.

with the Convertable Clutch system you can have the following options for setup
    single stage engine driven lockup
    multi stage engine driven lockup

single stage slider
    multi stage slider

in slider mode you get to retain your clutch lever so you can disengage your clutch should yoou need to abort a run to avoid damage to automatic transmissions.

The Convertable Clutch can also be set up in slider mode and ridden on the street,or thru the pits and back up the return road,while using the clutch lever to launch at higher rpms.

this is a good idea on the differences between the 2 technologies and the different options available on the market.
    whatever your needs your sure to find what your looking for.

you can find out more information on the Convertable Clutch system here

Hayabusa Pro Street Series Convertable Clutch : Hays Shopping Cart

7. Like QMIZER liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great amount of Info right here!!
    07busa likes this.
    Believe in urself when nobody else will...

Post Thanks / Like

The Hays clutch is a great one in my opinion! I have two of them and get great 60's and bike runs the same time about with every pass...

BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER
    05 SWB 1000 & 04 750 aka "Riddler"

Almost A Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a mtc multi stage and I like the clutch but you better know how to tune it, they will not give you good advice to get it set up, every time I called for advice I got pointed in the wrong direction, it took me about 10 track days to get it set up.

Tim has the best service there is, go with a hayes clutch, they all do the same thing if you know how to work them but you are gonna be alot better with someone who will help you get the most out of it.
    Just a couple slow zx 10s.

DSD1 RACING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    B.C

Quote Originally Posted by denn911 View Post
    I have a mtc multi stage and I like the clutch but you better know how to tune it, they will not give you good advice to get it set up, every time I called for advice I got pointed in the wrong direction, it took me about 10 track days to get it set up.

Tim has the best service there is, go with a hayes clutch, they all do the same thing if you know how to work them but you are gonna be alot better with someone who will help you get the most out of it.
    Both Clutches are outstanding. Hayes clutch is great as well as the MTC. It took me forever to learn how to tune the Gen II but yes, it will 60 with a Slider. We have one in our Death Row bike and every race I have ran has been against a slider. We had a Hays in the 1000 and in slider mode vs Hand Clutch, there was no difference. 1.22 to 1.25 60fts every time and we were flying.
    Guess I'm back
    832-914-5703

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a hays prostreet convertible clutch and it is on the way in the mail right now for my stage 2 turbo busa... I haven't used one or even seen one in person, but I have talked to mtc for advise and have talked to Tim for advise and honestly, having Tim Hays on your side would be worth far more money for a clutch system, but the kicker is, Tim's setup is cheaper in the long run and you have just about any combination of clutch setup you could want all in one clutch!

At the end of the day, from all of my readings and studies (which has been a ton, I over analyze everything I do and buy) , they can all eventually get you round about where you want to be, some with more headache and some with less, but dealing with Tim, you can get where you want to be with a smile on your face knowing you have good support after the sale for the product you buy, and someone that gives a crap about what you are doing instead of just trying to make a quick dime and sending you packing laughing all of the way to the bank...

Before you make your clutch purchase, I urge you to at least give Tim a call and have a talk with him, he knows his stuff backwards and forwards, and is a hell of a guy to do business with! The guy has bent over backwards for me so far and I have never even met the man!!! That kind of customer service is worth more money than I spent on the clutch...
    Cell: 580-239-1000

*Super HoleShot Member
    2007 Suzuki Hayabusa Stage 2 Turbo
    HAYSMACHINEWORKS 6 arm prostreet convertable clutch!!!

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Juan Valdez

I bought my hays a month ago and really like it. get the right tuner and you are on go. tune it yourself or hire walter sprout for a day and you will be on

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    DAVID GEBHARDT

Cool

2 things i allways tell people to consider,
    1.do you need to ride the bike?
    2.will you have someone to pull/push you?

SLIDER IS THE WAY TO GO,SET IT AND FORGET IT..
    817-724-7218 _SPONSORED AND OR HELPED BY THE BEST!!!
    LEE'S PERFORMANCE!!!!
    BROCK'S PERFORMANCE !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERRDAVE View Post
    2 things i allways tell people to consider,
    1.do you need to ride the bike?
    2.will you have someone to pull/push you?

SLIDER IS THE WAY TO GO,SET IT AND FORGET IT..
    SUPERDAVE...I SAY YES TO BOTH QUESTIONS....THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT AND ADVICE....
    BOOMAN

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont have the fastest bike out there and have one of Tims clutches in my bike. He pointed me in the right direction on a setup and then helped me get it fine tuned. My sixties dont move more than .04 in 12 passes on a weekend. My plates have not burned at all this year yet.
    Going to div 5 et finals this coming weekend. Hoping all goes well!
    Good luck in your decision. I highly recommend the Hays convertable!
    wide-open throttle 'til you see god then hit the brakes!!
    '98 ZX9R (998, St. Boni Motorsports, Team Masher Racing, Vortex Racing, APE)
    '99 Ducati 996 Biposta
    '04 Yamaha Warrior

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys very much for the great comments.

We appreciate your business very much

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timhays View Post
    Thank you guys very much for the great comments.

We appreciate your business very much
    Get the Hay`s Conv.Clutch if you want the best clutch system out there ,IMO.....
    I reluctantly had to sell mine and am still kicking myself in the ass,lol...But as soon as I possibly can I`m planning on purchasing another one and WILL NEVER GET RID OF IT AGAIN,LOL......
    Congrats. on being part of the 6. second clutch record Tim....
    Paul.....