Hays Kairos hand slider

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Hays Kairos hand slider

This is a discussion about Hays Kairos hand slider within the Tuning Performance section, where you will Engine mods-Tuning talk for all Sport Bikes Every little bit helps!; Does anybody know anything about this clutch? Im looking to get a hand slider for my gen 2 14. Cant use a mtc unless i split the cases n put a gen 1 output shaft

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hays Kairos hand slider

Does anybody know anything about this clutch? Im looking to get a hand slider for my gen 2 14. Cant use a mtc unless i split the cases n put a gen 1 output shaft in so basically my only options are a Rock and this new clutch by Tim Hays. I dont want his convertable clutch. What are the advantages of this Kairos design? Tim wont give out any info unless u pay and i dont know enough about these clutches to know just by looking at it. Thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Tim's new clutch appears to be one bad-ass hand slider. Whats the issue with the convertible? It can be a single to multi-stage hand slider if you want it. That's exactly what I have and love it. if you cant look at the clutch and see whats going on, you need to ask a few more questions to people who have and use them. I don't blame Tim 1 bit. I'm sure hes sick and tired of people kicking the tires and then dropping money on a rock that may or may not show up.. his shit speaks for itself, regardless of what people say about it. That being said, there's nothing with the the MTC Gen2 (hand slider), it just didn't fit my need at the time of purchase and Tim's clutch did. Opinions are like ass-holes - everybody has one, especially about these clutches...

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

The issue with his other clutch is all the people that have ended up with broken springs in the oil pan. i dont wanna deal with that. that is why im trying to find out about this new clutch. its advantages and how it differs from the other hays handslider and the rock

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

if you cant see the difference just by looking then you should learn how the clutch - or any other hand slider clutch - works, you should do some hands on research with somebody that actually has one.. while I agree this forum is a great place to do research, dont throw a guy "under the bus" because he wont answer a shit-pile of pre-sales questions..
    bronx likes this.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

im not throwing him under the bus smh, i didnt even ask him questions because he clearly states in his fb post that hes not answering much. thats his business, im trying to find out a little bit more about this clutch before i drop 2k on it.
    Scott224 and smallmaul like this.

Post Thanks / Like

I really dont understand the broken spring issue.I bought my Hays T3 in 2009 and have literally hundreds of passes on it and NEVER broke one spring.
    I have PMS, ADD and OCD. I want to kill you but I can't focus on that right now, I have to go wash my hands.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michael mathews View Post
    I really dont understand the broken spring issue.I bought my Hays T3 in 2009 and have literally hundreds of passes on it and NEVER broke one spring.
    How can you not understand it even Tim says to replace them after so many runs. To bad this clutch issue has become so crazy that no will tell anybody anything. I feel for you man first because you brought a zx14r I had one so I do have experience second because no body makes stuff for it and third put a oil pump cover on it at the minimum.
    No weapon formed agaist me shall prosper.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Tom Peterson

I don't think the T3 uses the same springs as the T6.
    The T6 springs do break, but Tim tells you that up front. I used to change a clutch pack every weekend. Now I just change a couple of springs every 3 races. Big deal.
    I machined a small magnet into the bottom of the cover to catch the spring if it breaks earlier than anticipated. That worked the one time it broke in under 50 passes, but the bigger problem was the arm with the broken spring came in hard off the hit, broke a bunch of fibers, and the bike stood straight up on me.
    I'm a big fan of the T6. Be curious if anyone has information on this other Kairos thing is...
    michael mathews likes this.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so someone wants to buy your product and calls to ask questions about it before throwing 2 grand at it and gets told I'm not telling u anything about it unless u buy it! Seriously I'd hand clutch my shit before I gave him 2 grand with that kind of customer service. If u can't apply the same stuff to anyone else's clutch then why the hell does it matter if he give some info on his clutch. Everyone is a potential sale u never know who is a window shopper and who has money. I agree 1 guy in 20 that call him prob don't have the money but if u piss off that 1 guy who has money he's not gonna buy your stuff and if that happens at least 5 times that's 10grand lost. Stupid business practices! Treat everyone as a potential sale common business sence!
    Scott224 likes this.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

amen to that. im probably just gonna put a gen 1 input shaft in it and buy an mtc. i put a billet oil pump cover on it last yr btw

Post Thanks / Like

See rite there. Potential sale lost!

Post Thanks / Like

i answered your question

(Tim Hays there is way to much to tell,but i will say all caps are removeable,all springs have fine tuning adjustment without removing hat,offset lockup arms for wider tuning capability.........any more info is gonna cost ya)
    timhays@haysmachineworks.com[/CENTER]
    Phone: 704-713-9274 sales@haysmachineworks.com
    First Pro Street Bike Clutch in the 6 Second Zone 6.90 with a 7

Post Thanks / Like

the kairos isnt available for the gen 2 zx14 yet sorry

Post Thanks / Like

no one who has asked our products have been told that,we gave out all the details on our newest offering and there is nothing left to tell

people come at me like they want to know something that im not telling them,theres nothing to tell

Post Thanks / Like

(

Ok so someone wants to buy your product and calls to ask questions about it before throwing 2 grand at it and gets told I'm not telling u anything about it unless u buy it! Seriously I'd hand clutch my shit before I gave him 2 grand with that kind of customer service. If u can't apply the same stuff to anyone else's clutch then why the hell does it matter if he give some info on his clutch. Everyone is a potential sale u never know who is a window shopper and who has money. I agree 1 guy in 20 that call him prob don't have the money but if u piss off that 1 guy who has money he's not gonna buy your stuff and if that happens at least 5 times that's 10grand lost. Stupid business practices! Treat everyone as a potential sale common business sence!)

Quote Originally Posted by timhays View Post
    no one who has asked our products have been told that,we gave out all the details on our newest offering and there is nothing left to tell

people come at me like they want to know something that im not telling them,theres nothing to tell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast