woolich racing log box

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

woolich racing log box

This is a discussion about woolich racing log box within the Tuning Performance section, where you will Engine mods-Tuning talk for all Sport Bikes Every little bit helps!; Anybody using the Woolich Racing/ Boost by smitg log box as a datalogger? If so how do you like it and how is tuning using ecu editor compared to bazzaz or power commander?

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jaime

Default woolich racing log box

Anybody using the Woolich Racing/ Boost by smitg log box as a datalogger? If so how do you like it and how is tuning using ecu editor compared to bazzaz or power commander?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    mittie hewitt

got one on my gen2 busa love over bazzaz and power commander its in a different class has way to many options to list
    06 zx-10 sold (hurt me to my heart)
    08 Busa (bigger an better things)

Post Thanks / Like

Yup agree.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

for gen 2 busa or 07+ 1k its great, not only can you use it for tuning but the files can be opened in excel to view everything the ecu sees
    so you can tell if the gps is faulting in use or as i found lately the alternate logger was influencing the tps the ecu was reading , or any number of other things that may otherwise take a long time to troubleshoot

Site Sponsor SHM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Walter Sprout Born and raised West Coast!!

For dyno the box is ok, for the track i won't use it, no useful info. The problem we're seeing is also, after so many flashes, ECU's are not responding correctly. Lots of nice options in the ECU, but poor as far as logging options for track use.

-

ECS Performance Tuning "Mobile Dyno Service, Chassis, Clutch, and Track Setup"
    ......................PST 754 " I built it, I ride it, and there's a lot more left in it.."........................

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

i'm getting ready to order one, what issue are you having with multiple flashes?

Its this woolich box or bazzaz with auto tune for a friend with a new 2012 busa..

Quote Originally Posted by TunerRacer View Post
    For dyno the box is ok, for the track i won't use it, no useful info. The problem we're seeing is also, after so many flashes, ECU's are not responding correctly. Lots of nice options in the ECU, but poor as far as logging options for track use.

-
    "The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Super HoleShot Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John

-
    I agree with the logging. I do some external post processing to mine to check in a better format, but it is still only 19Hz logging (more than most entry level, but not as high as teh higher end stuff).

As for the multiple flashing issues, I can't say I've seen that. I have gotten some corruption from using multiple methods to modify files, but never any when sticking with one.

It is no standalone, but can be useful, depending on the application and the familiarity of the user.

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

if setting up a 2012 streetbike bone stock and adding a yosh exhaust what route would you go from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by sportbikeryder View Post
    I agree with the logging. I do some external post processing to mine to check in a better format, but it is still only 19Hz logging (more than most entry level, but not as high as teh higher end stuff).

As for the multiple flashing issues, I can't say I've seen that. I have gotten some corruption from using multiple methods to modify files, but never any when sticking with one.

It is no standalone, but can be useful, depending on the application and the familiarity of the user.
    "The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Site Sponsor SHM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name

For simple sakes, Bazzaz or PC, dyno once, flash the cool stuff you want done through the ECU, call it a day. The Woolrich box isn't going to tune out driving transition problems easily and if the bike is stock all that isn't needed.

-

......................PST 754 " I built it, I ride it, and there's a lot more left in it.."........................

Super HoleShot Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John

The Woolrich box isn't going to tune out driving transition problems easily.
    Not sure why you would mention that Walter? From my experience, that is really where ECU flashing shines over the other, more conventional signal manipulator methods. It is very beneficial in this area, especially when used with the onboard logging and tuning. Much better fit for it in street / everyday use over track use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

ok bazzaz it is then.

Site Sponsor SHM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by sportbikeryder View Post
    Not sure why you would mention that Walter? From my experience, that is really where ECU flashing shines over the other, more conventional signal manipulator methods. It is very beneficial in this area, especially when used with the onboard logging and tuning. Much better fit for it in street / everyday use over track use.
    Simple answer...logging hz Same problems as auto tune with other units. Experience is the only way around sometime situations especially drive-ability.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jaime

Tuner racer i already have a bazzaz but i planned to get the log box and tune through the ecu to eliminate having do many boxes. That one box will control my fuel, timing, shift kill, and can datalog all in one. is the info it gives when days logging ok for just keeping a check to make sure my tune is safe at the track? Not necessarily gonna be flashing and changing the tune alot. Or would i be better off keeping my bazzaz and and mps boxes adding a wego? Bike is a 08 gsxr 1k. Track only and would be dynoed first to get base tune.

Site Sponsor SHM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name

Use ECU for timing, shift kill, rev limiter, TRE then tune with bazzaz. Wego for track checking.

-

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had any flashing problems and I've been flashing it for a long time now. I would definitely get the log box. Bazzazz is doing the same crap but only adjusting to fuel output from the ECU therefore it's always adjusting TPS maps and IAP maps but when you might only need TPS fuel maps adjusted. Log box over bazzazz and power commander.
    mittie31 likes this.