How to get times down with a SWB 750? - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree4Likes

How to get times down with a SWB 750?

This is a discussion about How to get times down with a SWB 750? within the Track Tips section, where you will Need advice on drag racing?; Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 Shit I just noticed you're from La. I'm from Slidell. I know that the stand alone quick shifter has everything needed. Is MPS the brand of choice for air shifter? What

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Justin Lang

Quote Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
    Shit I just noticed you're from La. I'm from Slidell. I know that the stand alone quick shifter has everything needed. Is MPS the brand of choice for air shifter? What all is needed with them, I assume just a kill box? From what I read, Co2 is the way to go? What ever I get, I'd want it hidden.
    I use mps on all my bikes, c02 is nice cause u do not need a compressor, but I rather an on board compressor stored in the tail. Very easy , mount the bottle under the tank and add a pressure switch... I buy the full kits from dewayne at cycle concepts. Co2 would be hard to hide because it need to be accessible to refill... Hard to hide an air shifter because it uses a air ram mounted on the shifter... May want to look into an electric shift if ur trying to be a little sneaky

"MOHAWK"
    Lethal Injection Comin Out for 2012
    Fully Dressed Busa on street tire,68'',hand clutch
      Small Motor A Whole Looooooota Nitrous  

985-335-5688

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JLANG View Post
    I use mps on all my bikes, c02 is nice cause u do not need a compressor, but I rather an on board compressor stored in the tail. Very easy , mount the bottle under the tank and add a pressure switch... I buy the full kits from dewayne at cycle concepts. Co2 would be hard to hide because it need to be accessible to refill... Hard to hide an air shifter because it uses a air ram mounted on the shifter... May want to look into an electric shift if ur trying to be a little sneaky

not so much trying to be sneaky, it's not like my woman would know what it is. ;) Just not wanting a bottle hanging around outside the bike. I'll do some research and see if I can find a little spot to tuck a small bottle away. I'll have to look up cycle concepts. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Justin Lang

Lift up ur fas tank and u will notice a small space on the brake side of ur motor, it will fit there if properly placed.

"MOHAWK"
    Lethal Injection Comin Out for 2012
    Fully Dressed Busa on street tire,68'',hand clutch
      Small Motor A Whole Looooooota Nitrous  

985-335-5688

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Alternately you could run a quickshifter setup, basically a switch on the shifter that fires the killbox (rather than using the horn as described earlier). Doesn't help you with trying to get your feet up in time, though.

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike

Justin, I'll check that out tomorrow.

Thanks Andy

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike

I can't remember who said it looked like my bike isn't low enough but wasn't sure it it were the camera angle. The front may have been 1/4" lower at the track because I had someone helping me push it down.

I didn't go to the track today. I checked the weather earlier and it looked like I would have a 8mph head wind so I just worked late. Now I'm kicking myself because I saw that it was ~-1100' DA. Maybe next week. I'm guess that I'll eventually have to drop the bike through the triple tree. I'll just keep playing with it as is and try to better myself before I try to better the bike.

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike

Okay, now y'all have me thinking about stretching my bike. There aren't too many options for my bike, as far as extensions. I've only found Roaring Toyz and FTD. I've never heard of FTD, are they any good. I don't like to skimp if I don't have to but just because I've never heard of them, that doesn't mean they aren't good. (I hope it's okay to post a link, if not, mods please remove)2011 GSXR 750 Swingarm Extensions | eBay Considering FTD is $135 and RT is $300, I figured I'd ask.
    I'm assuming I'd need a 150 link chain. If I do this I'll go with a 520 conversion and go -1/+2 (or +3). What chain kits do y'all recommend (can you post a link?) All the place I usually visit have 120 link chains, the longest I found was 140 link.
    So I have this feeling that by the Spring, I'll have the bike stretched, lowered more, and an air shifter on it.

Almost A Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
    Okay, now y'all have me thinking about stretching my bike. There aren't too many options for my bike, as far as extensions. I've only found Roaring Toyz and FTD. I've never heard of FTD, are they any good. I don't like to skimp if I don't have to but just because I've never heard of them, that doesn't mean they aren't good. (I hope it's okay to post a link, if not, mods please remove)2011 GSXR 750 Swingarm Extensions | eBay Considering FTD is $135 and RT is $300, I figured I'd ask.
    I'm assuming I'd need a 150 link chain. If I do this I'll go with a 520 conversion and go -1/+2 (or +3). What chain kits do y'all recommend (can you post a link?) All the place I usually visit have 120 link chains, the longest I found was 140 link.
    So I have this feeling that by the Spring, I'll have the bike stretched, lowered more, and an air shifter on it.

Give one of the site sponsors a call they can help u out...imo i would call hardcore swingarms they can make u one to fit as far as i know...and i am sure the others can to...
    92 gsxr 1100 aka " cujo "
    1k aka "West Nile "
    Built not bought.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Joseph

I'd imagine around the same year gsxr 1000 arm wouldfit....I know for my 07 an 07/08 1000 arm bolts to it but I have to run a 1000 rear wheel eand adjustable lowering links I'd get ahold of evil, Larry hardcore, McIntosh, and dme and see what they suggest good luck!!
    THE BIRD IS THE WORD