How to get times down with a SWB 750? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

How to get times down with a SWB 750?

This is a discussion about How to get times down with a SWB 750? within the Track Tips section, where you will Need advice on drag racing?; These slips are from my 2006 gsxr 750. SWB, Lowered, strapped, eBay slip-on and that's it. I only weigh 135 unsuited though. I know it could have went 9.99 with a little better riding.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

These slips are from my 2006 gsxr 750. SWB, Lowered, strapped, eBay slip-on and that's it. I only weigh 135 unsuited though. I know it could have went 9.99 with a little better riding.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352695609.004829.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  30.6 KB

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by sa9023 View Post
    These slips are from my 2006 gsxr 750. SWB, Lowered, strapped, eBay slip-on and that's it. I only weigh 135 unsuited though. I know it could have went 9.99 with a little better riding.

Attachment 96440
    What rpm are you launching from? Where do you shift at?
    THE BIRD IS THE WORD

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jojos750 View Post
    What rpm are you launching from? Where do you shift at?
    Launching at 10,000. Shifting at 13,500. Pretty much WOT as soon as I launch.
    alpinesupra likes this.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Sean

No real need to go inside the motor only reason I opened my motor is to refresh the motor after every season but thats when I was doing it on the daily other than that I technically didn't open my motor up I just pulled head to swap head Gaskets.

Basically just do what I did and get seat time good thing about my set up is I can still street ride it with no issues.
    2006 ninja 636......60", nos, tune, bolt on's
    2005 ninja zx10r..... The Rescue Bike.....68", geared, nos, bolt on's, stock motor for now
    With racing and life there are challenges with a lot to still learn and but i'm getting there....[/B]

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike

Nice runs SA, especially for being in August. You wouldn't happen to have a video of the launch would you?

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by alpinesupra View Post
    No real need to go inside the motor only reason I opened my motor is to refresh the motor after every season but thats when I was doing it on the daily other than that I technically didn't open my motor up I just pulled head to swap head Gaskets.

Basically just do what I did and get seat time good thing about my set up is I can still street ride it with no issues.
    Thats along the lines I was talking about...I think a head gasket or touching throttle bodies would void warranty if there is one on the bike
    THE BIRD IS THE WORD

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
    Nice runs SA, especially for being in August. You wouldn't happen to have a video of the launch would you?
    Thanks. I have a GoPro video of a 10.23 pass but that's it. It's on my facebook, I'll post a link up.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

10. Thanks 01gt4.6 thanked for this post.
    I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike

Thanks for the links. I'll have to check them out in a little bit.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're as low as you can comfortably go, and as long as you want to go, and at the limit of what the chassis can handle in the 60, it'll take a bunch of weight relocation to improve what the chassis can handle, as well as getting the shock working for you. Adding weight to the front is one idea, taking weight off everywhere (high up and farther back is the place to start, might go backwards if you took it off the front and low). The easy one that springs to mind is to swap to a bare seat pan (or no seat at all!) but it'll make getting your feet up feel really alien and takes time to get used to; no worries if you have an airshifter, of course.

Past that, just add power, all the usual tricks apply. More air in (intake stuff), more air out (exhaust stuff), better burn of what's there (internal stuff), correct amount of what's there (mapping stuff), and more volatile stuff (spray, oxygenated fuel).

On a streetbike, I'd say gear the bike to make it easier to ride quickly. Too much gear puts you holding off going WOT, and WOT is what gets you down track the quickest. Too little gear means you have to really abuse the clutch to get rolling. Looks like you're riding it pretty well though, and it's not a real expensive way to experiment. You could even go to a fractionally longer chain if you can get the tension set properly, just to move the axle back a bit.

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Mike

sa, thanks again. Awesome runs! Yeah you are leaving pretty much WOT. This that the stock gauge, it looks like it has a 15k *******. Also on the 10.23 run I saw that you kept the throttle pinned on the shift but on the 10.15, I didn't see the rpms "blip" on the shifts. How did you shift on that run?

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Sean

if there is a warrenty on the bike then i would go inside the motor i would just do all bolt on stuff and get all the seat time you can get comfortable with the bike, and another important thing i forgot to mention and would suggest doing no matter what, get a flat oil pan or have your stock on cut down so it doesnt hit ive been so lucky with mine not hitting but i still need to do it, i did however break the pan on my zx10 now its got a flat pan.

but with a new bike with warrenty i would suggest these mods.
    -stiffer clutch springs dont wanna kill clutchs to fast
    -good slip on or full sys
    -pc with a good tune
    -bmc race filter
    -remove the jutter springs outta the clutch those dont help any
    -get as low as you can
    -reverse gp shift it, makes it alot easier and faster to shift
    -add weight to the front some how
    -shorter gearing
    -practice practice practice

get that seat time thats where your experience and times will come from i wouldnt worry to much about your times or 60ft's right now just get comfortable with the bike and learn what its going to do and then make it do what you want it to do.
    everyone here can give you all the advise and set up and what not till we are blue in the face but until you know that bike well none of what we tell you will matter, my advise is set it up with what ive said all at one time if you can and then hit the strip in full force dont spread out changes to much because you will learn the bike on one thing and once you make another lil change youll have to re learn the bike again.
    2005 ninja zx10r..... The Rescue Bike.....68", geared, nos, bolt on's, stock motor for now
    With racing and life there are challenges with a lot to still learn and but i'm getting there....[/B]

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Sean

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
    sa, thanks again. Awesome runs! Yeah you are leaving pretty much WOT. This that the stock gauge, it looks like it has a 15k *******. Also on the 10.23 run I saw that you kept the throttle pinned on the shift but on the 10.15, I didn't see the rpms "blip" on the shifts. How did you shift on that run?
    Yes stock gauge. Not sure what they ******* at after the 2007 models. Also, I have an ignition kill box. Still foot shifting but I hit the horn button to shift WOT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    ANTONIO AKA CHIN

tha hell wit it put u a 1000 motor on that frame gear it 15 46 leave your 750 stickers on there airshifter k&n air filter seat time and have fun bruh got a 2011 motor 4thousands and some change miles on it ready for u $1000 plus shippin if u not to far ill bring it half way to u
    DAMIT I THINK I NEED A BOTTLE