Psychobike banner

R1 wheels on a busa?

132K views 204 replies 61 participants last post by  QMIZER 
#1 ·
i know people have put on gsxr 1000 wheels.. but how about the new 09 r1 wheels?.. they look fresh... any one have any ideas what it woulds take to mount up to an busa?

#17 ·
I love mine! Looks way pimper, lighter, and just different. I couldnt really share info on it other than what I did to make em fit, i had a local fab shop make my spacer and axle. I might be interested in looking at one of these extra axles though.:2thumbs:

Reactions: turbo1798
#31 ·
OK here's some answers
Yes the R1 wheels as a set are lighter then the 1k's at one time I weighed both but for the life of me dont remember the totals.
The 04-11 R1 wheels are pretty much what you want.
There is no spacer needed for the rear wheel to work using the R1 rotor front and rear. If you are using a stock length arm you will need to shave off about 5/16 of a inch on theswing arm side of the brake hanger. If you have a longer arm theres no need.
The front R1 rotors work fine on gen1 nothing needed.
On gen2 or 1k front ends you have to use a single washer behind the rotor bolts to space it out just a bit to be perfect. I dont remember what size washer it was but nothing special. I just bought a pack from a parts store as long as the washer is big enough for the rotor bolts to go through it will work.
Using the axle from Choppaleg the wheels are a direct swap on Gen1's and only need the washers used for gen2's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.