Psychobike banner

Weird Problem

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ducey 
#1 ·
05 Busa

Crank the bike it idles fine and revs crisp to about 5,000 rpm and then just shuts the hell off!

Seems like something justs cuts the ignition off, but the dash panel stays lit.

Has anyone seen this before? Hoping someone has before I start changing out Crank, Cam and other sensors...

Thanks,
Rodney

#4 ·
no fi codes, but something was done different with the kickstand. i will check and see if that's a problem...

tilt sensor has been filled with silicone...

i had a similar issue once where the harness was shorting out near the fuse box under load, but I checked and that's not it

#8 ·
Had the same problem with this switch not making connection

The owner of the bike bent the bracket that presses against the switch so it was not pushed in all the way. And during high speed runs the kick stand would move or bounce on the freeway and the motor would shut down and come back on. Took several hours to find but it has been working fine ever since....................:beer:

#10 ·
had the same problem and it was my kickstand as earlier stated in another reply.Also was not limited to setting still but anytime. I think ???? that if you soilder direct connection be carefull it will then crank in gear when you hit the starter button

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.