Fuel PSI

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By STREETDRAG

Fuel PSI

This is a discussion about Fuel PSI within the Suzuki Hayabusa section, where you will Some say Busa's Dominate; I have a 00 Busa with the stock ext fuel pump I just tested the psi at the test point on the pump and it read 45 psi I have a crushed one that i

VIP/DONATOR
    DollarBill has made a donation to the forum!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jr.

Default Fuel PSI

I have a 00 Busa with the stock ext fuel pump I just tested the psi at the test point on the pump and it read 45 psi I have a crushed one that i will be testing soon to see the diff. I have a 1397 head job and cam hp 220 224. is this setup as good as the walboro ext pump and an aftermarket reg if i am getting the same pressure?? what would be the difference

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

Volume is the issue your gonna have with a stock pump..
    Pruitt'sBusa likes this.
    "The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

nope.
    I have seen stock pumps deliver no more or just over than 200 bhp.
    Some say more but this is my experience.

MR 12 maxed nout at 187 with my own bike with the internal fuel pump (2005)

My advice is to get an aftermarket pump with a good regulator

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Justin Lang

Quote Originally Posted by DollarBill View Post
    I have a 00 Busa with the stock ext fuel pump I just tested the psi at the test point on the pump and it read 45 psi I have a crushed one that i will be testing soon to see the diff. I have a 1397 head job and cam hp 220 224. is this setup as good as the walboro ext pump and an aftermarket reg if i am getting the same pressure?? what would be the difference
    With this why not replace the stock pump with a walbro internal.. It will work for ur hp, don't see a need to go with external unless running a wet shot

"MOHAWK"
    Lethal Injection Comin Out for 2012
    Fully Dressed Busa on street tire,68'',hand clutch
      Small Motor A Whole Looooooota Nitrous  

985-335-5688

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

They do make high volume 99-00 replacements.. Advice, tear the whole pump apart and clean it. another thing you will need to do regular maintenance unless you filter what you pour in tank. They can get trash in the system easily.. you can also do inline filters to help, when they get dirty unclamp lines swap and reclamp..Lots of power is lots in trashy injectors and pump flow..

Quote Originally Posted by JLANG View Post
    With this why not replace the stock pump with a walbro internal.. It will work for ur hp, don't see a need to go with external unless running a wet shot

"The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DollarBill View Post
    Forget all that. Just get some s2000 injectors. It will give all the fuel you need for that. They plug right in to the stock harness. No need to change you fuel system or do any modifications. Just put them in and go to the dyno!!!!!!!!!!
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!