Lectron carbs vs throttle bodies - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Lectron carbs vs throttle bodies

This is a discussion about Lectron carbs vs throttle bodies within the Suzuki Hayabusa section, where you will Some say Busa's Dominate; The original post question was should he go carbs or stay with fi. He didn't mention he was spraying so I guess his build is all motor. I think He is wanting to know if

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

The original post question was should he go carbs or stay with fi. He didn't mention he was spraying so I guess his build is all motor. I think He is wanting to know if their is any gains by switching. No one has said yes or no to that question yet.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmon1000 View Post
    The original post question was should he go carbs or stay with fi. He didn't mention he was spraying so I guess his build is all motor. I think He is wanting to know if their is any gains by switching. No one has said yes or no to that question yet.
    I've talked to Guys going to fi who said they hope they go what they went on carbs and they will be happy.

A lot of all motor bikes ESP Busa's running big motor on carbs. They say you may gain a little bit on top end with fi because of tunability but I'd like to see more than a tenth out of a standalone. If its not at least 2 tenths its not worth it if you ask me for all that extra money. I'd find a tenth elsewhere if I had to
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

HMM.....

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grey View Post
    I've talked to Guys going to fi who said they hope they go what they went on carbs and they will be happy.

A lot of all motor bikes ESP Busa's running big motor on carbs. They say you may gain a little bit on top end with fi because of tunability but I'd like to see more than a tenth out of a standalone. If its not at least 2 tenths its not worth it if you ask me for all that extra money. I'd find a tenth elsewhere if I had to

So basically for the money it's not worth it IF you are all motor is what you are saying?
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmon1000 View Post
    So basically for the money it's not worth it IF you are all motor is what you are saying?
    It's worth it but probly only if your puttin out some major hp on motor if its all motor. I'd go as far to say that it's better for nos applications more than it is all motor bikes that's a definite.
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

HMM.....

LIL CEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cecil Towner

Ok so this doesn't get in to a pissing match carbs vs FI they both work and they both are only as good as the tuner behind the screw driver or laptop but look at pro stock for example all motor right . Karen's gieco bike is injected and it runs just as good if not better than the other carb bike s and take pro stock car in Adrl. Now they can only use the ecu for fuel they still have to use the MSD ign like the the carb guys. Now why do you think adrl wouldn't allow full fuel injected engine management, cause with the creative minds out there today the FI cars would get real crafty with control and they would be very hard to beat.

But remember this a ecu will only do what you tell it to so its more than just bolting a part on.

Also what would you think about lectrons with injectors in them instead of bowls. Now that's what I'm talking about .
    HTP Performance
    1510 Webster street
    Richmond, VA 23220
    804-340-0800

LIL CEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cecil Towner

Motec plug n play ecu kit on sale now $3495.00 we have them in stock . Call for more details (804)340-0800
    HTP Performance
    1510 Webster street
    Richmond, VA 23220
    804-340-0800

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER

Which model motec is that on sale Cecil? What all would you need to purchase to have everything you would want to tune/datalog?

Just bigger injectors for high nos shot and big motor builds?
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

HMM.....

LIL CEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Cecil Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grey View Post
    Which model motec is that on sale Cecil? What all would you need to purchase to have everything you would want to tune/datalog?

Just bigger injectors for high nos shot and big motor builds?
    M84
    You would just need to put the right injector in for the amount of Hp your going to make and the rest is taken care of.
    Born2Ride likes this.
    HTP Performance
    1510 Webster street
    Richmond, VA 23220
    804-340-0800

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HTP Performance View Post
    Ok so this doesn't get in to a pissing match carbs vs FI they both work and they both are only as good as the tuner behind the screw driver or laptop but look at pro stock for example all motor right . Karen's gieco bike is injected and it runs just as good if not better than the other carb bike s and take pro stock car in Adrl. Now they can only use the ecu for fuel they still have to use the MSD ign like the the carb guys. Now why do you think adrl wouldn't allow full fuel injected engine
    management, cause with the creative minds out there today the FI cars would get real crafty with control and they would be very hard to beat.

But remember this a ecu will only do what you tell it to so its more than just bolting a part on.

Also what would you think about lectrons with injectors in them instead of bowls. Now that's what I'm talking about .
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Chad Sosnowski

Quote Originally Posted by HTP Performance View Post
    Ok so this doesn't get in to a pissing match carbs vs FI they both work and they both are only as good as the tuner behind the screw driver or laptop but look at pro stock for example all motor right . Karen's gieco bike is injected and it runs just as good if not better than the other carb bike s and take pro stock car in Adrl. Now they can only use the ecu for fuel they still have to use the MSD ign like the the carb guys. Now why do you think adrl wouldn't allow full fuel injected engine management, cause with the creative minds out there today the FI cars would get real crafty with control and they would be very hard to beat.

Isnt nhra prostock car carb as well