MY WINTER BUILD - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

MY WINTER BUILD

This is a discussion about MY WINTER BUILD within the Suzuki Hayabusa section, where you will Some say Busa's Dominate; That's it for today, gonna be ordering parts tomorrow. every bearing in this motor is black, with the exception on one rod bearing (brown). questions for you pros: do these pistons look like they could

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

That's it for today, gonna be ordering parts tomorrow. every bearing in this motor is black, with the exception on one rod bearing (brown). questions for you pros: do these pistons look like they could be stripped, cleaned and reused? what is the best way to clean the surface of the head? regular paint stipper and a wire brush? what site sponsor has the best deal on bearing packages and piston ring packages? last but not least, who's gonna hook me up with one of those fancy starter clutch covers ( only one with a plug that is removable?) let me know what you think, and by all means let me know if you think i'm missing anything!

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully one day soon I'll be able to build one. I'm in school to be an aerospace mechanic working on c-17s (I'm in Air Force). Always wanted to build a motor myself so maybe that day will be soon. Seeing your posts really got me interested in just buying a stock blown motor to experiment with. Good luck on your build!

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to rebuild my ZX9 motor a couple years ago. My race partner builds motors so he helped me with it. It was alot of fun to learn. Bought alot of parts from guys on here. Lots of knowledge from these guys. Good luck!!
    wide-open throttle 'til you see god then hit the brakes!!
    '98 ZX9R (998, St. Boni Motorsports, Team Masher Racing, Vortex Racing, APE)
    '99 Ducati 996 Biposta
    '04 Yamaha Warrior

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

You can't imagine how many sets of cases i have seen with screwdriver, flat blades and chisel marks near that bolt where folks have fcuked the cases up cause of that bolt Good Job

Quote Originally Posted by busa4mee View Post
    THIS LITTLE BASTARD!!Attachment 97383
    busa4mee likes this.
    "The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Andrae Taylor

That small bolt will get you lol. Your making progress looking good.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the feedback! this motor looks like it could have gone another 50k and been just fine, but it is nice familiarizing myself with as much of my bike as possible. im going to end up with stock bottom end freshened up, fresh head with some work from local machinist, studs, a nice gasket and stock everything else. even the rings are going back in. mic'd everything and it all falls perfectly into spec. pistons sat in kerosene overnight and a little toothbrushing those bitches look brand new. really all i want is to keep it reliable and ready for boost this spring!

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

me and one of my guys are abt to do this with his gen1... im to scared to do it on the gen2 i got all the new part to go in it... i just would rather let the pro do it..lol.. its a 2012 for christ sake.. but... then gen1... ahhh if we **** it up.. we have the time to wait on it... lol... but i appreciate this.. ! it helps... How did you get the "little bastard" out

10. Thanks Kur thanked for this post.
    Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't be any different on a gen 2. I got to little bastard out with a 10mm socket lol. It's directly underneath the counterbalancer assembly.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by busa4mee View Post
    after pulling valve covers i went to set the cams ( still not 100% why this needs to be done before a complete tear down...) and ran into my first problem... i had the sight cover off the damn starter clutch cover when i checked valve shim clearances a month ago, but low and behold the motherf#$@er would not come off. i destroyed it , then decided to just do it with the damn cover off. if anyone has one of these laying around, i need one now for reassembly let me know!Attachment 97351Attachment 97352
    I just had APE gears installed, with intakes cams on both. The guy who did it could not get mine off either. He used a punch, and loosened it that way. I got a new one from the dealer for $13 and change.
    It is better to let one think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

It just blows my mind because I had it off a month earlier...

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple questions for y'all before I start putting her back together. This will be 90% street bike... Would you advise with or against removing the counterbalancer? Keep or throw the oil cooler? Remember, street/ strip turbo bike. Thanks!

Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jay Packwood

keep counterbalancer , ditch oil cooler
    busa4mee likes this.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  027 (320x240).jpg
Views: 241
Size:  34.7 KB

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  028 (320x240).jpg
Views: 234
Size:  33.4 KB Just wanted to update on some progress, if very little... Going to be doing some head work, nothing major, just lapping valves in, clean it up, new valve seals, and while i have it apart im going to have a go at smoothing out the factory casting marks and a few other areas i notice that could use some attention.