Streetable Turbo

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By STREETDRAG
  • 1 Post By turbojonn
  • 1 Post By Oz Booster

Streetable Turbo

This is a discussion about Streetable Turbo within the Suzuki Hayabusa section, where you will Some say Busa's Dominate; I'll be coming into a little cash in a few months and starting to look around for a streetable turbo for my busa. got a virgin motor to drop in the frame a nice suggestion

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    TONY

Default Streetable Turbo

I'll be coming into a little cash in a few months and starting to look around for a streetable turbo for my busa. got a virgin motor to drop in the frame a nice suggestion run down from a few veteran riders would be nice.i'm not spending no more then 10k for motor work and kit. Now mind you i want to ride this on the street to. but also nice to take it to the track once in a while..

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

IF YOUR LOOKING TO STAY UNDER 300 AND BE RELIABLE AND RIDE ANYWHERE - STOCK MOTOR AND RCC STAGE 1

IF YOUR LOOKING TO MAKE MORE THAN 300 RELIABLY AND BEAT ON IT - BUILD A DECENT MOTOR AND A RCC STAGE 2 KIT

REMEMBER WHEN BUILDING A BIKE THERE IS A DREAM BUILD/ BUDGET AND THERE IS A REALITY/AFFORDABLE BUDGET.. DON'T GET IT TWISTED CAUSE THEY NOT THE SAME

LOOK AT SOME OF THE FAKE GRUDGE BIKES OUT THERE.... THEY ALL HAD A DREAM BUT REALITY WOKE THEM UP...
    bigd1000rr likes this.
    "The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

RCC stage1 kit would be good, had mine on since last oct. no problems, I'd suggest head studs and MLS head gasket, that's all done to mine, made 281 HP 155 TQ other week on 93 pump
    DON'T WORRY WHAT THAT SWITCH IS FOR.... JUST DON'T YOU MAKE ME FLIP THAT SWITCH...

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    TONY

Quote Originally Posted by STREETDRAG View Post
    IF YOUR LOOKING TO STAY UNDER 300 AND BE RELIABLE AND RIDE ANYWHERE - STOCK MOTOR AND RCC STAGE 1

IF YOUR LOOKING TO MAKE MORE THAN 300 RELIABLY AND BEAT ON IT - BUILD A DECENT MOTOR AND A RCC STAGE 2 KIT

REMEMBER WHEN BUILDING A BIKE THERE IS A DREAM BUILD/ BUDGET AND THERE IS A REALITY/AFFORDABLE BUDGET.. DON'T GET IT TWISTED CAUSE THEY NOT THE SAME

LOOK AT SOME OF THE FAKE GRUDGE BIKES OUT THERE.... THEY ALL HAD A DREAM BUT REALITY WOKE THEM UP...
    Understand where you coming from..I use to run with a lot of guys up in indianapolis, And been in florida for a while and i'm getting the bug again.. I am a veteran and getting some back pay from a claim and i want to treat myself to a new toy.. which I feel i deserve..

Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like

if you can look at using a gen 2
    management package for turbo when using gen 2 ecu editor is so much more user friendly for riding and safe tuning

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

The end result is yours, but like everyone would say on here, if you buy a complete bike with kit stay with a gen2 and RCC system. The reason why there are older systems out there and race systems out there. the learning curve on what was mention above will be fairly smooth, and the editing of the gen2 ecu will cut down on alot of extra electronics.
    Also talk, ask and learn dont just plug in numbers

hope this helps
    Nygel Wheeler
    281-838-4226

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    TONY

nygel its a 02 engine 17k miles on it. thanks to all the inputs..

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    David L Williams

Quote Originally Posted by STREETDRAG View Post

Now thats funny but true with any build

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like

Since you're doing a gen 1 here's what I would do. Get a Stage 2 kit (RCC). The extra $ for the extra injectors and controller will be worth the lack of hassle oftne encountered wtih FMU's. The stage one kits are still good, but the fmu's used by everyone's stage one's rely on a stainless shim insided the unit. This shim will invarialbly wear out and cause problems. The last two I've owned both worked great...until they didn't. Once that shim gets tired or splits the fmu will not regulate fp correctly and you might get spikes or low pressure or it may squeel like a stuck pig. Mine squeeled after EVERY boost. The one to one with a Microtech means zero fueling issues and lets you enjoy what you paid for. Also, when you decide that 285 hp just isn't enough you can use the same kit to make up to 425-450 (with rods,pistons, etc). Gen ones at that level can benefit from an oversized output shaft too (Robbinson).
    06turbo13 likes this.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed, I wish now I had gone with the Stage2, but money was the issue, will probably upgrade next yr. If you have enough money for the Stage2, Do it, you'll be better off in the long run.
    DON'T WORRY WHAT THAT SWITCH IS FOR.... JUST DON'T YOU MAKE ME FLIP THAT SWITCH...

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another reason to go with RCC: this is just my experience but Richard has bought back my "trade ins" when I upgraded. He gave me as much as I was going to ask in the for sale section. That being said, if you chose to go stage 2 later you can send him your plenum and either get a new stage 2 from him or have him add injectors to it, then buy the controller and BANG...stage 2. In other words, you probably won't outgrow the kit.

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    TONY

thanks all.. Now its a wait time.. I will get a stage two.. that was my thought any who...

Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like

Good choice :)
    naptown likes this.

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naptown View Post
    Understand where you coming from..I use to run with a lot of guys up in indianapolis, And been in florida for a while and i'm getting the bug again.. I am a veteran and getting some back pay from a claim and i want to treat myself to a new toy.. which I feel i deserve..
    Where in Florida are you bro? I am a vet as well and that little change does come in handy.

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    TONY

Fort Myers.. Kainedogg.... And yes it does come in handy..