is this the zx14r the better platform for my needs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

is this the zx14r the better platform for my needs

This is a discussion about is this the zx14r the better platform for my needs within the StreetBike-DragBike section, where you will Suzuki, Kawaski, Honda, Yamaha A forum for Streetbike and Dragbike discussions; I'm wanting a low maintenance drive through the gate 5.90 bike with my heavy ass on it. 225lbs unsuited. heres the whole thread... i thought it would get more attention here. http://www.psychobike.com/forums/kaw...2-capable.html

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Default is this the zx14r the better platform for my needs

I'm wanting a low maintenance drive through the gate 5.90 bike with my heavy ass on it. 225lbs unsuited.

heres the whole thread... i thought it would get more attention here.

http://www.psychobike.com/forums/kaw...2-capable.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

To run 5.9s you would have to be running 1.4s 60 foots at less. Depending on gearing fuel and air shifter. We have a couple 14r guys up here. They can be fast bikes with a good rider and limited bolt ons. One dude runs 8.1x with bolt on extensions, slip on, lowered, and big shot of spray. He sprays roughly 100 shot. Untouched long block bike. Great bike just wish they built the frame different

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    James B.

Easily.....
    "Get on the short bus, time for school"

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

what would be the bolt on list to make this possible?

main thing is has to be very streetable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    James B.

8in stretch, lowered, hookup tire, shifter, gearing of your choice, and clutch hand...Easily done with the gen2 and the gen1 has no problem either with 1.4? sixty foots.
    "Get on the short bus, time for school"

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

ended up getting a new 2016 ZX14R. i definitely made the right choice. love the bike. truly a piece of art.
    1st trip out i went a 6.75 @ 116mph... ofcourse the 60' was awful but im working on it, but for only having about 20-30 passes ever on any bike i dont feel very far behind.

more to come. its still SWB but its been lowered, strapped, brock's full exhaust, brocks fuel map in PCV, and guhl ecu flash.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Senor Hart

Quote Originally Posted by ty_ty13 View Post
    ended up getting a new 2016 ZX14R. i definitely made the right choice. love the bike. truly a piece of art.
    1st trip out i went a 6.75 @ 116mph... ofcourse the 60' was awful but im working on it, but for only having about 20-30 passes ever on any bike i dont feel very far behind.
    more to come. its still SWB but its been lowered, strapped, brock's full exhaust, brocks fuel map in PCV, and guhl ecu flash.

good god... FWIW I have run 6.80s on a bone stock 2010 R6 @107mph. Im 225 in leathers and a 1.61 60'.
    If I was bracket racing I could have dialed a 7.0 pretty easy
    You definitely didnt need a new bike... you needed riding lessons.
    5.90s on a stock gen 1 isnt difficult.

I dont get why folks think learning to ride a bike to its potential isnt ANYWHERE on the mod list? Even professional racers/athletes have coaches or practice incessantly.
    andyb likes this.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

never said i was a good rider... ever.. in fact i mentioned about how many passes i've ever made...but i can tell you the difference between the power of a 07 busa and 16 ZX14r is night and day.... i was about to have to dump a few thousand into and at that point i would have been close to the same money for the new bike...

so thanks for being a dick.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Senor Hart

never said i was a good rider... ever.. in fact i mentioned about how many passes i've ever made...but i can tell you the difference between the power of a 07 busa and 16 ZX14r is night and day.... i was about to have to dump a few thousand into and at that point i would have been close to the same money for the new bike...
    so thanks for being a dick.
    but the point is... your first bike was PLENTY for 5.9s all day long. Shit I used to ride my zx12 or Busa to Tuesday Test & Tune and peel off 6.0s/1s@ 116+ pretty regular. This was in 2001/03. Both bikes were stock wheel based, hand clutch bikes and we got to share the track with the burdgeoning F&F scene.

You could have put $1,000 into your 07... had a bike more than capable of achieving whatever goal it is you wanted. (sub 6s?)
    Now you went and bought a 5.60 capable bike and youre running high 6s... congrats!

Why didnt you just get the H2? At least you'd have a legitimate excuse why the bike couldn't be ridden fast!

If you want to get fast... you need to make 40-60 passes a week or more! Do you see pros bragging how much time they dont have?

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

I came here looking for friendly chat and help along the way and for the most part all I found was your miserable human responses.

People like you are the reason why this forum isn't thriving like it should and places like yellowbullet.com are.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Senor Hart

I came here looking for friendly chat and help along the way and for the most part all I found was your miserable human responses.
    People like you are the reason why this forum isn't thriving like it should and places like yellowbullet.com are.

yet you've continually glossed over people have given you advice but it seems your ego is too fragile to hear the truth. Im glad to hear your membership at yellabullet is paying dividends.

Or it could be this forum is for advanced users and not ego driven noobs not wanting to put in the work to get faster?
    FYI this is a public forum...lol.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose you knew every little thing that was wrong with my 07 busa that I'd have to fix, I suppose you k ow exactly how much it was going to cost to fix it, I suppose you know my finances, I suppose I can't go out and make my own decisions without a butt hurt asshole like you trying to make people feel inferior because they don't have as much seat time or because they buy a certain bike.

Anytime you'd like to drag that shitbox bike of yours out I'll drag your ass down the '660 behind my car any time and we can settle this any time for $2500 you prick. Go be a petty ass hole to someone else.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing how much some guys know.

Except for how to ride a bike to full potential. There's a reason why rider mod is the fastest way forward.
    turboblew likes this.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the day you need seat time whether you want to hear that or not. It's naive to think that you aren't far off your 5.90 goal running 6.75's on a 200hp bike, capable of 5.60's or better. Tenths aren't easy to come by on bikes as you are finding out after 30 passes. Start with hitting every test and tune you can. Practice...Get an extended swingarm, air shifter, change your gearing and get a lowered seat or catalyst seat pan. Then you can launch harder and start playing with your gearing/riding. Practice... Attend a drag racing school. Practice, practice, practice...

Start talking to bike guys at the track. In my experience the slow guys hang out and talk about how to go slow and the fast guys hang out talk about going fast. You need to hang around and listen to the fast guys...You need to be humble since you just bought a bad ass bike that you can't ride and guys will be more willing to help you. I started out like you and once I started getting quicker, the fast guys started opening up. The key was practice and applying what they were telling me. Took my 6.80's to 6.50's on my SWB 140hp R1 @ 230lbs over a few weeks. Then started to getting into the .20's and then .10's, with some thoughtful bolt on's and a better understanding of what my bike was doing.
    turboblew and ty_ty13 like this.

16. Likesspazonazx liked this post
    Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Senor Hart

I suppose you knew every little thing that was wrong with my 07 busa that I'd have to fix, I suppose you k ow exactly how much it was going to cost to fix it, I suppose you know my finances, I suppose I can't go out and make my own decisions without a butt hurt asshole like you trying to make people feel inferior because they don't have as much seat time or because they buy a certain bike.

Anytime you'd like to drag that shitbox bike of yours out I'll drag your ass down the '660 behind my car any time and we can settle this any time for $2500 you prick. Go be a petty ass hole to someone else.
    where did you read in any of my posts I was making judgements about any of the above?
    I could give 2 ****s what you do or say. Has no bearing on me. But if you want to get a lane... im happy to oblige.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast