is this the zx14r the better platform for my needs - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

is this the zx14r the better platform for my needs

This is a discussion about is this the zx14r the better platform for my needs within the StreetBike-DragBike section, where you will Suzuki, Kawaski, Honda, Yamaha A forum for Streetbike and Dragbike discussions; Get a lane? If you're running what you say you do, I could comfortably walk away from you.... On a 1995 ZX9R, putting 125hp to the ground, with a total weight of 730lbs (yes, I'm

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a lane? If you're running what you say you do, I could comfortably walk away from you....

On a 1995 ZX9R, putting 125hp to the ground, with a total weight of 730lbs (yes, I'm fat like you are), and at stock wheelbase. Yes, that's akin to a dead stock first-gen busa with only three sparkplugs.

Perhaps you should work on your riding ability before you start trying to be a badass and calling people out.

There is no faster way to make a fast bike slow than to put a bad rider on it. The converse is also true. And a bit annoying, when you have some lightweight jockey that's never touched your machine throw a leg over and outrun you on hardware you're familiar with! Fortunately I can say that's never happened to me. Instead, I've had the joy of being the "lightweight" jockey that weighed 25lbs more than a buddy, and took his machine down track a tenth quicker than his best. He hasn't stopped complaining since!

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

if you read correctly i said id drag his ass behind my car down to the 660'

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

I've never once claimed i could ride... i in fact stated im very new and green.... but just because i chose to sell my gen1 busa and get a zx14 doesnt mean i dont think the busa couldnt do it... i just didnt want to spend the money that was necessary to make the busa a nice bike like i wanted nor did i get any warm fuzzy feelings from any shops... no one ever called back...etc

however im not new to drag racing... raced cars for years and been at the top of one of the radial classes down in SGMP. i understand what it takes to go fast and im in full understanding that my left and right hand are whats slowing me down..... turboblew just decided he wanted to get on a soapbox and talk down to someone for some reason.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keano View Post
    At the end of the day you need seat time whether you want to hear that or not. It's naive to think that you aren't far off your 5.90 goal running 6.75's on a 200hp bike, capable of 5.60's or better. Tenths aren't easy to come by on bikes as you are finding out after 30 passes. Start with hitting every test and tune you can. Practice...Get an extended swingarm, air shifter, change your gearing and get a lowered seat or catalyst seat pan. Then you can launch harder and start playing with your gearing/riding. Practice... Attend a drag racing school. Practice, practice, practice...

Start talking to bike guys at the track. In my experience the slow guys hang out and talk about how to go slow and the fast guys hang out talk about going fast. You need to hang around and listen to the fast guys...You need to be humble since you just bought a bad ass bike that you can't ride and guys will be more willing to help you. I started out like you and once I started getting quicker, the fast guys started opening up. The key was practice and applying what they were telling me. Took my 6.80's to 6.50's on my SWB 140hp R1 @ 230lbs over a few weeks. Then started to getting into the .20's and then .10's, with some thoughtful bolt on's and a better understanding of what my bike was doing.
    1st off thank you for atleast being kind, lol.

but really, im very aware that seat time is the ultimate factor here. I've never once denied that nor stated it was false.... im actually not sure how this whole seat time thing got started....

before i stretch the bike i really wanna figure out the launch and make it go atleast 1.50 60's

believe me i've stated many times to my friends at the track that i have no idea what im doing, lol.... i have no ego in this as i've drag raced a long time, but just cars.... and i realize in any racing you have to pay your "dues" before you figure things out and go fast.

but again, i really appreciate your friendly tone and approach.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome. I know what it's like so I try to help others out where I can. I am by no means a pro but the I love the sport and anything two wheels. I had a lot to learn (Still do) but you will find that there are people out there who will help. Just had to get through the BS to learn who knew what they were talking about. I have never won an event but i take pride in knowing that I will be putting people on their trailers when I show up on race day. That being said, get to a point where you are consistent and then work on one thing at a time, like your 60, or your 330. Once you see improvements then move on to the next thing. Make sure you are seeing improvements everywhere. I got to a point where I was improving my 60 but not really improving anywhere else. Jason Miller gave me some pointers and my 60 slowed down but I was making huge gains in my 330 and everywhere else on the track. Now I am working on getting my 60 back to where it was with those changes to see what kind of gains I get. It's been a challenging process for me.

Check out the classifieds. There are two ZX14 seat options in the right now. Some of the best money I spent on my bike for improving my et's.
    ty_ty13 likes this.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Senor Hart

Quote Originally Posted by ty_ty13 View Post
    ... turboblew just decided he wanted to get on a soapbox and talk down to someone for some reason.

all due respect you started about 60 different threads... then you show back up in this one with (we'll call it) a $16,000 high HP motorcycle that you cant really ride.
    Instead of making passes, progress and using the "sage" advice many folks gave you.

Im going to disagree with Keano on the fact that first 10ths are easiest to come by on bikes because most street riders are pretty inconsistent.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

I said tenths are not easy to come by.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

yes i asked alot of question about all the bikes capabilities.... and im happy i picked the zx14r.... its much more fun to ride on the street as well and make highway pulls... and the new 14's have ABS and i didnt spend 16k... not even close....

so as i said last time about the finances, you know nothing about them and this wasnt a thread about how much the bikes cost it was about which bike suited my needs and after street riding the busa and this 14 i made the right choice....

so its still for certain that you are a prick and cant find anything nice to say but you for certain feel good about talking down to people.

seeing your misery with this life is very apparent with the tone of all your posts.... I'm sorry about that.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Senor Hart

Quote Originally Posted by ty_ty13 View Post
    yes i asked alot of question about all the bikes capabilities.... and im happy i picked the zx14r.... its much more fun to ride on the street as well and make highway pulls... and the new 14's have ABS and i didnt spend 16k... not even close....
    so as i said last time about the finances, you know nothing about them and this wasnt a thread about how much the bikes cost it was about which bike suited my needs and after street riding the busa and this 14 i made the right choice....
    so its still for certain that you are a prick and cant find anything nice to say but you for certain feel good about talking down to people.
    seeing your misery with this life is very apparent with the tone of all your posts.... I'm sorry about that.

oh now its the ABS that sold you?
    Dude if ignorance was terminal... you'd be dead.
    I could give 2 shits about your finances but if you want to compare quarterly returns... grab a chair in the conference room. Ill let you read through the revenue statement(s) so you can understand wealth development from a real estate perspective.
    Its clear you will try to throw money at a problem that can be solved with practice & instruction. Also your ego allowed you to write a check for one of the most powerful 2 wheeled machines available but spending a fraction of that to learn to ride...beyond your scope of important priorities. Still dont understand why you didnt get an H2. Seems more your style.

yes my life is miserable. I usually spend my weekends at a racetrack, riding or wrenching. How about you?

Is your YellowBullet account still paying dividends?

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Wanting to compare finances.... good god you're a miserable douche.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12