help with SWB setup

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

help with SWB setup

This is a discussion about help with SWB setup within the Staging Lanes section, where you will It All Starts Here! Bench Racing with Drag Race Discussion; Hey im trying to get my SWB zx14 suspension dialed in. And besides lowering it I really have no idea where to go with the settings and sag. I havent touched any settings front or

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Default help with SWB setup

Hey im trying to get my SWB zx14 suspension dialed in. And besides lowering it I really have no idea where to go with the settings and sag.

I havent touched any settings front or rear, the front forks have been dropped through the tripples as far as they will go, which was about 1.75". A strap and I have adjustable lowering links on the rear. Im not sure how much I lowered the rear.

But I took a few measurements tonight. I have 12.75" from floor to center of swingarm pivot, 12.25" from floor to center of rear axle. My rear race sag is 3/4". And I have 3" from my tire to the undertail and on launch it is rubbing the undertail a little. So the bike is squating at least another 2.25" on the launch.

Im still on the stock shock, but I can play with the compression, rebound, and prelaod. Would it help if I went lower and stiffened up the shock?

So far my best 60' is 1.56 and 330' of a 3.98

If I can cut a tenth of my 330' I think I have a chance of getting closer to my 8.99-9.0 goal.

And im 235lbs suited

Here is a vid of a run, not the best but its the only one I have. Looks like the bike is squating quite a bit on the launch

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing you can do as far as suspension is have that shock revalved to slow the compression and rebound. Most people think tighting down the spring collar and maxing out the rebound and compression screws is the fix for the bike squatting to much in the rear,but that is not the fix. A stock shock was not valved from the factory for drag racing,so the valving is too quick. Once you get the shock valved for your weight and wheelbase it will start working better for you. But your numbers are pretty impressive considering your weight!
    B-RACER likes this.

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

I hear what your saying, I was hoping to work with what I have right now. I wanted to get a new shock once I stretch it out some, but dont really want to do that twice.

Thanks for the response

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

B2R gave good advice..try tighten up the spring and play with the settings till you get the revalve..LITZ revalave stock shocks have been working great for us..

And I would say Your doing pretty good already..
    " RUN YOUR BIKE.......NOT YOUR MOUTH!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sg1320 View Post
    I hear what your saying, I was hoping to work with what I have right now. I wanted to get a new shock once I stretch it out some, but dont really want to do that twice.

Thanks for the response
    The problem you have can not be fixed with out a revalve..And I had the same delemia you have,but Litz told me that he would revalve my shock for swb and when I put a arm on in the future he would change the valving for just the cost of a service,which was around $30..

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

thats good to know, do you have litz's contact info?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JAKE

if you can't find their info, call adams. all their re-valves go to litz unless somethings has changed recently.
    2013 King of the West Coast
    2012 King of the West Coast

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Joe

Try on rear turning the bottome flat head screw in all the way then turn out 1.5 turns , front tire 40-44 psi Iv done 48 . Whats ur gearing ? Mine worked best at 17-40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JAKE

sean, i would see if you can get with an old supersport racer and pick their brain a bit.
    2013 King of the West Coast
    2012 King of the West Coast

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Joe

I have a old super sport bike but don't listen to me .

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joseph702 View Post
    Try on rear turning the bottome flat head screw in all the way then turn out 1.5 turns , front tire 40-44 psi Iv done 48 . Whats ur gearing ? Mine worked best at 17-40.
    Ive been running the front tire at 45 psi, and I am at 17-40 with the gearing. I tried 17-39 and found it was just too much for my weight, and ended up really taking it to the clutch. Ended up warping a few steels. Ill try the 1.5 turns out on the shock and see what it does for me

thanks!

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

for sure, now to find one that wants to talk..

Im going to try a set of the -3" slammerz from trac so I can get the front down some more, and probably give the revalved shock a try.

I Finally Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Joe

I got my super sport bike off tony Ferland , any info I can ask him . The front was dropped like u said u had he took seals off bearings and oiled them every run , mr12 worked mint, get a flush style drain plug , u can try a lead ballist in battery tray it helped me with wheelies , the rear tire I had 38-40 psi depending how it hooked . More psi is more mph I went With a onlines drag shock and it helped

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joseph702 View Post
    I got my super sport bike off tony Ferland , any info I can ask him . The front was dropped like u said u had he took seals off bearings and oiled them every run , mr12 worked mint, get a flush style drain plug , u can try a lead ballist in battery tray it helped me with wheelies , the rear tire I had 38-40 psi depending how it hooked . More psi is more mph I went With a onlines drag shock and it helped
    Your saying lead ballast in the zx 14 battery tray helped with wheelies? Seems like that is to far back to make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

9.36@148 Stock motor 60"inches