Psychobike banner

Season goal hit and then some!!!!!!! :-)

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  badfastbusa 
#1 ·
Only got 3 passes Saturday on my bike, the first pass right off of the trailer was a 8.76et, 3rd pass was a 8.87et bogging off the line and spinning running against Chris (Greenbusa in the first video below), and the best pass which is pictured, was a 8.73et@167mph (second video below) WHOOOOHOOOOO! Every pass was wheeling to or past the 1/8th mile and spinning past the 1000ft mark and there is a TON of power left in the bike, this was
only about 10-12lbs of boost, and only 6in stretched!!! :) I am happy as heck and even happier that my little boy Rider got to experience the drag strip and see his daddy fly and HE LOVED IT!!!!!! The smiles on his face was priceless! Thanks again to Chris for putting together this incredible motor, it is doing its thang!!! It was a long time and a lot of heck coming to this point, but well worth it in the end!

It will definitely go a 8.40-8.50et on this tuneup with some seat time and a hooking back half, it was like a slip-n-slide at and past the 1000ft mark, and this was with no setup at all on the hays prostreet clutch, I just put all the weights on and hoped for the best in multistage mode, and it worked, well, quite a bit to well as far as not letting it slip and being like an on/off switch, but it worked LOL. I had a blast even though we only got 3 passes, but hit and far surpassed my goal for this year today, which was an 8sec 1/4 on a good running and reliable bike. I still can't believe I hit a .70 right off of the trailer, this is by far the fastest thing I have ever experienced, and it is scary to know that there is still lots more left in it haha!!!! Shooting for 7's next season just for a personal goal, but definitely going to dial it back, race a decent class we can be competitive but way conservative in and enjoy the hell out of it. A good drag shock, lightweight battery, some other lightweight tidbits, loosing some more weight myself (I am 190-200lbs suited now, and me and my bike together weigh 730lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel), and adding some wheelbase is coming next (was only +6 over, and my arm goes out to +12), maybe even some cool looking paint to top it off! I can't wait for next season!!!!!!!!!

Turbo hayabusas racing - YouTube

Turbo hayabusa drag strip pass 8.70 - YouTube

See less See more
#4 ·
Chris and I have become great friends, and I am glad to have his name attached to this bike. And yes, it was getting it done, I kept on thinking to myself going down the drag strip "ok, surely its going to stop pulling this hard at some point" and it never stopped pulling like crazy all the way to the finish line LOL, I couldn't be happier!

#6 ·
Thanks man, I am going to give it my best shot next season. I think with some decent clutch setup and tuning as well as a good drag shock and chassis tune it will run the numbers, this was on a bone stock shock as well, which I am sure wasn't helping much LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.