Psychobike banner

Buying a bike with no title

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cycle Concepts 
#1 ·
Looking at a bike for sale by a local bike shop. Shop did some work on the bike and the owner bounced a check for the bill. Shop owner has been trying to get up with the owner for months to get this resolved,with no luck. Now he wants to sell it for the bill. It will come with a bill of sale on shops letterhead only,no title. My question is, if I buy the bike and the original owner comes looking for it, does he have any legal rights to the bike? I guess what I'm really asking is,can this come back to bite me in the ass?

#2 ·
The shop should have done a mechanic lien on the bike.Here in memphis they need to send a ceritified letter to the finance company and the owner first. That will give the finance company or owner time to pay the balance.There for after they run a ad in the paper after 30 day it will be sold to cover the repair cost and parts for fixing the bike.And then if u buy it's your just take all the paper work to your local DMV.I hope this help

#5 ·
dont buy it if the shop owner is not willing to go through the legal procedures of taking possession of the bike..that bill of sale doesn't mean sh-t if there is a legal title out there for the bike..whoever holds that title is the legal owner of that bike...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.