GRUDGE TANK vs GRUDGE SHELL/FUEL CELL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
Like Tree20Likes

GRUDGE TANK vs GRUDGE SHELL/FUEL CELL

This is a discussion about GRUDGE TANK vs GRUDGE SHELL/FUEL CELL within the Staging Lanes section, where you will It All Starts Here! Bench Racing with Drag Race Discussion; I have been seeing a lot grudge tanks being sold to use a tank shell and fuel cell...just want to know what are the advantages or are there any for this change up....any opinion is

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    C DALE, MS
    Posts
    2,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default GRUDGE TANK vs GRUDGE SHELL/FUEL CELL

    I have been seeing a lot grudge tanks being sold to use a tank shell and fuel cell...just want to know what are the advantages or are there any for this change up....any opinion is welcomed!!!!!
    BOOMAN

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Mr.Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I like the cell because you can choose where you want to mount it and with the shell it creates a lot of room underneath as opposed to a tank and its so much easier to take a shell off than a tank. Plus front mount fuel cell's look awesome.

    Just cleans things up and makes getting things off easier. Plus if you mount a cell up front your putting weight where you want it most which Is up front.
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

    HMM.....

  4. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    C DALE, MS
    Posts
    2,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grey View Post
    I like the cell because you can choose where you want to mount it and with the shell it creates a lot of room underneath as opposed to a tank and its so much easier to take a shell off than a tank. Plus front mount fuel cell's look awesome.

    Just cleans things up and makes getting things off easier. Plus if you mount a cell up front your putting weight where you want it most which Is up front.
    This does sum up some of what i was assuming.....just thought it was a weight thang.....thanks
    BOOMAN

  5. #4
    SMR
    SMR is offline
    Moving up the Ladder
    SMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST.LOUIS MO.
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    MEACHY
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grey View Post
    I like the cell because you can choose where you want to mount it and with the shell it creates a lot of room underneath as opposed to a tank and its so much easier to take a shell off than a tank. Plus front mount fuel cell's look awesome.

    Just cleans things up and makes getting things off easier. Plus if you mount a cell up front your putting weight where you want it most which Is up front.
    I agree wit that.
    Team Show-Me Racing

  6. #5
    Moving up the Ladder
    cursedbusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Elgin,TX
    Posts
    379
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Charles Fisher
    Rep Power
    0
    Country: United States

    Default

    just make sure that if you get a front mount fuel cell to make a spout that you can re-fuel without pulling the nose.
    TurboR and QMIZER like this.
    05' Busa "BloodyMary"

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Mr.Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cursedbusa View Post
    just make sure that if you get a front mount fuel cell to make a spout that you can re-fuel without pulling the nose.
    DME ones come made like that DME is the only front mount cell I prefer
    cursedbusa likes this.
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

    HMM.....

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Mr.Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  104.3 KB
    QMIZER likes this.
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

    HMM.....

  9. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    C DALE, MS
    Posts
    2,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I just bought a DME front stay with the dual battery setup but no fuel cell...can i send it to have it put on it or what...
    BOOMAN

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Mr.Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMAN911 View Post
    I just bought a DME front stay with the dual battery setup but no fuel cell...can i send it to have it put on it or what...
    I'd bet you can you have to call and ask tho. I just sold the one I posted a pic of for 400. Course they might tell you that you cant and that you have to buy a whole new rack and then you'd have to sell yours. I think the ones with cell's made in are a little different than their regular racks.
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

    HMM.....

  11. #10
    Moving up the Ladder
    Justa1k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Bryan
    Rep Power
    4
    Country: United States

    Default

    Does DME still make/sell the fuel cell that sits under the tank, on the frame?
    *Grudge 08 1000 AR-15*

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Mr.Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justa1k View Post
    Does DME still make/sell the fuel cell that sits under the tank, on the frame?
    Like near the shock or up front by the steering stem? I just ordered one for carbs that sits up near the stem. They can do any kind of fuel cell you want though. You just tell them where you wanna put it and they do their thing and they always do hella nice jobs on every piece I've ever ordered.

    Hell everything on my bike is DME now except the oil pan and triple trees. I like mcintosh's trees the best and I def am eventually gonna get a 1 inch DME pan.
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

    HMM.....

  13. #12
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    C DALE, MS
    Posts
    2,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grey View Post
    I'd bet you can you have to call and ask tho. I just sold the one I posted a pic of for 400. Course they might tell you that you cant and that you have to buy a whole new rack and then you'd have to sell yours. I think the ones with cell's made in are a little different than their regular racks.
    I know some dam good fabricators that can mount one if they wont do it....the battery trays on the front stay are wide enough apart that a cell could fit with no problem.....
    BOOMAN

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Mr.Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JOSH KELLER
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMAN911 View Post
    I know some dam good fabricators that can mount one if they wont do it....the battery trays on the front stay are wide enough apart that a cell could fit with no problem.....
    I'm almost positive they will do it no problem
    Grudge 06 1000 - SPAWN

    HMM.....

  15. #14
    Moving up the Ladder
    Justa1k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Bryan
    Rep Power
    4
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grey View Post
    Like near the shock or up front by the steering stem? I just ordered one for carbs that sits up near the stem. They can do any kind of fuel cell you want though. You just tell them where you wanna put it and they do their thing and they always do hella nice jobs on every piece I've ever ordered.
    Near the shock. One that would sit under the rear of the tank shell.
    *Grudge 08 1000 AR-15*

  16. #15
    VIP/DONATOR
    johnmiffco has made a donation to the forum!
    johnmiffco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    houston,tx
    Posts
    994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    john 713 946 0028
    Rep Power
    6
    Country: United States

    Default

    dme is makin the front mount tank with flanges that bolt to the
    battery bracket locations on the stay,,,,so just a swap out battery tray for tank
    also fo 06 up 1000s since we can reprogram inj for even flow
    can run 250 hp+ on oem fuel system
    i had dme make custom cell that holds oem fuel pump to mount direct to their stay,,,,,,,,,,really nice not to have to go to remote if runnin wet nos
    tell em u want the miffco cell for oem pump
    cursedbusa likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. grudge shell or grudge tank
    By Dre Day in forum Tuning Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 10:04 PM
  2. tank shell and fuel cell
    By money maker in forum Wanted Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 05:57 PM
  3. DME Grude Fuel Cell and Catalyst tank shell - BUSA
    By Raced Guy in forum Garage Sale
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 03:21 PM
  4. busa gen1 catalyst tank and shell dme fuel cell
    By bluebusa in forum Garage Sale
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 12:21 PM
  5. GRUDGE TANK OR GRUDGE SHELL
    By BOOMAN911 in forum 1000's
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.