Psychobike banner

2012 Kawasaki ZX14-R stock wheelbase 8.60's Hmm..

25K views 107 replies 35 participants last post by  CJ 400 
#1 ·
Does anyone think its possible for a 2012 ZX14-R to go 8.60's at stock wheelbase with basic mods:

Flashed ECU
VP MR-12
Dyno tune
Ceramic wheel bearings
Brocks alien head exhaust
Prepped chain (non o-ring)
Lowered front and rear
Re-geared
HP = 224
Rider weight 135-150 lbs.
Footshifting
NO BALLAST ( Weight up front )

Give me your educated thoughts :2thumbs:

#3 ·
good question but i would say no.... an 8.90 pass is usally a 5.60 in the 1/8 mile...im assuming with an 8.60 it would be a 5.45 pass in the1/8...which means with a short wheelbase... gonna need round 140mph with a 1.400 60ft....so a few bolt on mods aint gonna do it.. its gonna take some internal stuff to produce those #'s. if that bike does that... then imagine what it would do with a 12 over arm...

#6 ·
Vanson sidewinder, and flat pan. Get the bike on the ground and take at least two teeth out of the rear or maybe just go up on the front. And let it eat. Not gonna be easy. But I'm sure there is a jockey on here somewere that can prob do it...

#7 ·
I think its very obtainable . I do think to get it done you will need a flat oil pan and side winder .The bike will need to be as low as possible and geared properly.

#8 ·
Lets just say this. The stock wheelbase that I ran Trae with was a 1430 and it was at 56 3/4" because I didn't cut the chain so it was the original factory o'ring chain on it and I was going faster than 8.90s and I weighed over 200 suited. So you take it from there.

#10 ·
Exactly james......I was just curious what others thoughts were.
For the record im pretty confident and seat time and set up properly based on the criteria I listed above I "think" I can get it to go 8.60's

#20 ·
Chance i think 8.60's can be done but not consistantly but more rarely on perfect passes. But im very confident 8.70's on a regular basis for sure ! Your stock wheel base is set up right and i would love to throw a leg over it sir , wish you was closer.

#26 ·
8.60's on a perfect pass no weight up front now keep inmind this will happen every now and then. 8.70's pretty consistant. But hell what do i know

#33 ·
I can't believe that I'm going to agree with you twice in one day Rich. LOL. When my son rode Chachi's 07 14 when it was stock motor, he was going 5.63 in the 1/8th and he was going 8.70s in the 1/4. 3.1 backhalfs. That bike didn't have the power the new 14r have now. And Rickey saw the 1/8th mile tickets at that times, so noone can doubt it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.