o/c 750 or 600.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Turboguy

o/c 750 or 600.

This is a discussion about o/c 750 or 600. within the Old School Bikes section, where you will Nobody gets left out with this forum; I was just wandering what a katana stripped, slammed 600 or 750 oil cooled could run in the 1/8 mile and 1/4 with bolt ons. The rider will be 150 or alittle less with gear.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default o/c 750 or 600.

I was just wandering what a katana stripped, slammed 600 or 750 oil cooled could run in the 1/8 mile and 1/4 with bolt ons. The rider will be 150 or alittle less with gear. The owner of the bike a 2001 has a brand new shadow to go to work and back. He was givin a spare engine and was thinking about doing a 6.50 index in the 1/8 with the bike. He would like to do it without spray. The bike doesnt see the street but will need to be able to ride it in the pits. Noise, gearing and non o-ring chains are not a problem. Just doesnt want to go into the motor except for a lock up down the road.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like

U could get a 6.50 out of a 750 tuna in the 1/8. But y not stuff a 1100 motor in it with a hays clutch and some other tricks and do 5's ? Much more worth the effort
    racer113 likes this.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

He bought the bike brand new and it has 89,000 on it and was givin a crashed 600 tuna. I talked to him about putting a bandit 1200 in it but he wants to keep it cheap as possible. he sold the super mint fairings to buy race and air shifter stuff. The whole idea was to keep it on the cheap and he was givin a arm that will put it at 70". so he needs a chain and brake line and that parts done. Also he told me the vance and hines pro pipes are going for nothing like $300 dollar area and should work for his exhaust. He has 500 in a trailer set up like mine and figures he want to have 1500 in conversion. So it just seeing if its possible all engine. He used to race 30 years ago with a mild big block nova 4 speed and he want to get back to it. Its more about setting goals than all out going fast. But 6.50 has a pro tree and he doesnt like a full bracket or mess with a dial in and I think he just worried about a riding fast bike This will help him get hooked and I know he will be looking at a strong engine after that.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like an awful lot of arm for that motor/weight. Those old 750's made about 100hp to the ground with the usual bolt-ons on pump gas.

He can get 6.50's from it, but it's going to take one hell of a good chassis/rider to get there, and that's assuming that he strips the hell out of it and doesn't weigh much in the first place. If he can get the combination down to 540lbs or so (including rider) and runs a good fuel, it should be doable... but it'll still be tight if the air/elevation sucks.

I'd say if he's going to have a spare 600 motor laying about, it might be worth putting a decent wet kit on (which will make hitting the number comparatively easy!), he can either sell the spare motor or use it as a test dummy. An old 600 motor with a 75 shot might not last real long, but it'd be a fun until it was time to go for a consistent, reliable season with the 750.

There's a fair few parts that'll fit those old Suzuki motors interchangably, and getting used aftermarket parts for cheap shouldn't be difficult at all.

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the elevation is south florida pbir old moroso or countyline dade- miami, so close to sea level before weather. The rider is 147 suited. I looked at the arm this morning and it has 4 hole adjust so we can take alot of chain out it less to spin over. There will be alot cut out of it as it will never be hitting the street again. He also has a hook up at a motorcycle recycleing center so he will be checking different parts to see if he can take a pound or 2 with other items. We were thinking E85. I havnt check the price of E85R yet.