NEED PROSTREET BIKE HELP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

NEED PROSTREET BIKE HELP.

This is a discussion about NEED PROSTREET BIKE HELP. within the NHDRO section, where you will No Hatin' Drag Racin' Organization; ????

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Default NEED PROSTREET BIKE HELP.

????
    badass1000 likes this.
    The race is not giving to the swift nor the strong but he that endure to the end. ESS--9:11

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Almost A Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I will help you as much as i can G.

VIP/DONATOR
    Franklin has made a donation to the forum!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Josh

Unfortunately nothing in life is free. Just ask Terry, he's been building his bike for like 3 years now and he's still learning. In order to get a base of information you need to get out there and start running the bike. Everyone out there going fast did it the hard way by trial and error. Even the guys that had the pros build their bike have had troubles. Your best bet is to get the bike on the dyno and have someone get you a base tuneup and then take it from there. Even the guys like Ronnie Mitchell have their low spots but perserverence prevails. Good luck Greg.
    Live Fast or Die Trying
    meltedsparkplug@gmail.com

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Stacy

Hang in there Greg. I know how you feel.

Super HoleShot Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John

Start off by reading every word of the rules and making sure you are legal.

The biggest thing is to accept that you are not going to go out and run 7.20's the first time out. If you are trying to come out and be competitive with the rest of the field right away, you will likely be disappointed.
    Set up personal goals.
    Get to the track and get some seat time first, then start working to bring the power in twice as quickly as you ever dreamed people would be doing.

Ask Nemsio Beltran where he got his DTA setup initially.

All that said if you are not comfortable with the potential of a grenaded, complete loss top to bottom engine, you may be better off not pushing it.

VIP/DONATOR
    Track Rat has made a donation to the forum!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Kev

Good luck buddy. And I mean that with the most respect possible. I have been where you are and it's not fun. I don't know what all parts you have for a turbo setup but it looks like you have the parts to go at least 50's.First step is getting a base tune up for that dta/ams combo. Nem knows the DTA pretty good. He maybe able to steer you in the right direction as far as who to get a base tune up from. Seat time and track time are very important. Get that thing to the track and right down everything. It will never go fast in the garage.

Good luck,

Kev
    07busa likes this.
    "Living the dream. ONE ROUND AT A TIME!"

Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like

I will always do what I can Greg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by sportbikeryder View Post
    Start off by reading every word of the rules and making sure you are legal.

The biggest thing is to accept that you are not going to go out and run 7.20's the first time out. If you are trying to come out and be competitive with the rest of the field right away, you will likely be disappointed.
    Set up personal goals.
    Get to the track and get some seat time first, then start working to bring the power in twice as quickly as you ever dreamed people would be doing.

Ask Nemsio Beltran where he got his DTA setup initially.

All that said if you are not comfortable with the potential of a grenaded, complete loss top to bottom engine, you may be better off not pushing it.

you know when i first came out i was looking for those go fast numbers but that was when i didn't know what i know now. My goal is to start off slow and yes build my way up. i know enough to protect my investment (motor) and keep it safe but like i said i have a lot more to learn. I know where nem got his dta and yea i got mine from the same person, but out of the few times i ask he was to busy to tune my bike so i have been looking around. If i have to travel across the states the bike will be tuned this month. i appreciate the advise and yes i will set standards for myself and focus only on that.
    The race is not giving to the swift nor the strong but he that endure to the end. ESS--9:11

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Rodney Williford runs the same standalone as you Greg.
    He is a great tuner for a turbo application such as yours and I am more than confident he get you going in the right direction. He is probably the closest to ya that I am confident in.
    If you lived in the south, I would recommend Walter Sprout.
    Good luck.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    ****2010 KING OF THE WEST COAST****
    ****Northwest Dragbike 2006 Outlaw Champion****
    ****Northwest Dragbike 2007 #2 Plate Outlaw****
    ****NMRA 2005 Streetbike Shootout #3 plate****
    ****NMRA 2004 Streetbike Shootout #2 plate****

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by buzard1 View Post
    I will always do what I can Greg.

I know that buzz, but are line of communication is not the same any more. You don't answer your phone any more, or call back. I'm sure something has to be different in your life and i don't want to trouble you. You been there for me for years and i appreciate that, I still remember every time you set me up for staging. I'm not looking to take you away from your bike and things you need to focus on at the track. To be honest if i had someone to show me how to tune the need to know stuff in one weekend i would probably be find. I just need a base point to start from. its hard to do that with limited communication.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    I believe Rodney Williford runs the same standalone as you Greg.
    He is a great tuner for a turbo application such as yours and I am more than confident he get you going in the right direction. He is probably the closest to ya that I am confident in.
    If you lived in the south, I would recommend Walter Sprout.
    Good luck.
    I don't think Rodney uses the dta, but i will look into it. Do you have Walters number i will travel to him. i had it in my old phone but lost it.

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Clay View Post
    I don't think Rodney uses the dta, but i will look into it. Do you have Walters number i will travel to him. i had it in my old phone but lost it.
    I will pm it to ya.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    ****2010 KING OF THE WEST COAST****
    ****Northwest Dragbike 2006 Outlaw Champion****
    ****Northwest Dragbike 2007 #2 Plate Outlaw****
    ****NMRA 2005 Streetbike Shootout #3 plate****
    ****NMRA 2004 Streetbike Shootout #2 plate****

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    Unfortunately nothing in life is free. Just ask Terry, he's been building his bike for like 3 years now and he's still learning. In order to get a base of information you need to get out there and start running the bike. Everyone out there going fast did it the hard way by trial and error. Even the guys that had the pros build their bike have had troubles. Your best bet is to get the bike on the dyno and have someone get you a base tuneup and then take it from there. Even the guys like Ronnie Mitchell have their low spots but perserverence prevails. Good luck Greg.
    franklin, i know you probably don't know this but terry and i have a 16 year history together. I know his story all so well. I bet you didn't know that i had my prostreet bike way before he had his and now he has a 3 yr head start on me. He hasn't been building his bike for three years. He bought his bike already built with fictitious parts in it, and have been correcting that every year. Please believe me when i say this A STRONG SOLID SUPPORT IS A MUTHA F%%%%% when it come to finding someone to help you in all aspect of these bikes. I'm surprised he didn't do what i did and park it in the garage, but he is a little bit more milder than i. My only regret with him and his bike, is when they won in indy last year, Is that he wasn't on it. I don't really mind learning from trail and error and know motors will blow or give way, it happen to the best. All I'm looking for is directions and a few key points with a few do's and don'ts and getting the bike set up over all. After that it's on, I have no other choice but to enforce what has been taught to me.

Almost A Senior Member

Post Thanks / Like

Rodneys 6.90 bike from several years ago had a DTA standalone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by T_COOK View Post
    I will help you as much as i can G.

You know that i know that Right? It has always been If i know it, you know it with us. I don't think you'll hold back anything to win a race. Always been best riders at that moment wins.