NEED PROSTREET BIKE HELP. - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

NEED PROSTREET BIKE HELP.

This is a discussion about NEED PROSTREET BIKE HELP. within the NHDRO section, where you will No Hatin' Drag Racin' Organization; I simply asked why YOU said that about Terry's bike...Cause I seen that bike run plenty of times at the track and it ran it good. Far as all the drama you bring that shit

Holeshot Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons

I simply asked why YOU said that about Terry's bike...Cause I seen that bike run plenty of times at the track and it ran it good.

Far as all the drama you bring that shit on yourself everything you start one of these threads. I don't know what happen in your past with the shops you claim to screw you over nor do I really care what happen. But all of them are honest and decent guys so I'm sure some of the problem was YOU...Sorry for shiting on your plant. Good luck to you.
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by STREETDRAG View Post
    Is Brian not close by? I have talked to him a few times and he seems on top of it when talking DTA...

He is and have helped me several times, even stayed on the phone with me all night to get my cable and computer hooked up to communicate with my bike, And as a dealer for dta I'm sure he would help me again. That's why i bought it from him. I'm looking for another tuner because the few times i called for a dyno he was busy, so i didn't bother him a third time. He's the one that found the first mechanics work in screwing up my, block,pistons, a head. Real good guy and knows his stuff
    The race is not giving to the swift nor the strong but he that endure to the end. ESS--9:11

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Williford View Post
    I ran DTA pro 8 on the Outlaw. I have tuned a few s60 bikes. Does the bike have a baseline map loaded and the bike up and running? If so, I could probably tune it in one day. If it needs complete base map and input/outputs checked, that's a diff story.
    Yes it has a base map in it and a start up map. I've been running it in cycles learning to data log it and fuel comp. I also think all parameters are set as well. I check every screen there is and every function.Brian was dynoing it and notice motor wasn't built right because the bike kept over heating. If you want i could hook my lad top up to the bike and you could check it out via internet using team viewer. I'm not sure where you are located, but i talked to Ryan Schnitz today and he said he could do it as well. He's like four hours away from me, and also in my price range. I see someone gave you my number and got your text but we need to talk. I need to get the bike tune this month. At the current time I'm not working and have been in school the last six months for mastercam x6 to improve my machining skills. It's over Jan 24 and i have a few jobs waiting on me so i probably want have time to travel. I'm gonna try and call you back tonight.
    The race is not giving to the swift nor the strong but he that endure to the end. ESS--9:11

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Clay View Post
    Yes it has a base map in it and a start up map. I've been running it in cycles learning to data log it and fuel comp. I also think all parameters are set as well. I check every screen there is and every function. Brian was dynoing it and notice motor wasn't built right because the bike kept over heating. If you want i could hook my lad top up to the bike and you could check it out via internet using team viewer. I'm not sure where you are located, but i talked to Ryan Schnitz today and he said he could do it as well. He's like four hours away from me, and also in my price range. I see someone gave you my number and got your text but we need to talk. I need to get the bike tune this month. At the current time I'm not working and have been in school the last six months for mastercam x6 to improve my machining skills. It's over Jan 24 and i have a few jobs waiting on me so i probably want have time to travel. I'm gonna try and call you back tonight.

I'm sorry that wasn't you that call it was walter sprout, i talk to him and will call you today sense i see your number

Super HoleShot Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    John

He is and have helped me several times, even stayed on the phone with me all night to get my cable and computer hooked up to communicate with my bike, And as a dealer for dta I'm sure he would help me again. That's why i bought it from him. I'm looking for another tuner because the few times i called for a dyno he was busy, so i didn't bother him a third time. He's the one that found the first mechanics work in screwing up my, block,pistons, a head. Real good guy and knows his stuff
    If he is the one you bought the system from AND he is close by, then why would you not have him tune it? Because he is busy? So get on the list and drop it off when he says to, then pick it up when it is done.

No offense, and not to take work away from others, but if you have him nearby, and you bought the system from him, and you have nothing but good things to say about him, you would truly be a fool not to have him tune it. Get on the list so you can get it tuned before race season.

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

True, cause if you have issue he can be right there to help you.. I feel folks should build good relationships with shops close by... The shops alot of time won't help guys cause they hop from tuner/builder to the next and a real person doesn't want to keep chasing his tail...Find a good person near you and listen and use only them, so if something needs changing they know where they last left off...

Quote Originally Posted by sportbikeryder View Post
    If he is the one you bought the system from AND he is close by, then why would you not have him tune it? Because he is busy? So get on the list and drop it off when he says to, then pick it up when it is done.

No offense, and not to take work away from others, but if you have him nearby, and you bought the system from him, and you have nothing but good things to say about him, you would truly be a fool not to have him tune it. Get on the list so you can get it tuned before race season.
    "The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by sportbikeryder View Post

A fool not to have him tune it??????? WOW!!! one could get offend by that but I made up my mind to go some where else and I'm sticking to it, plus its my money im spending.lol

Sittin Sideways In Something Pretty With The Ratchet On Me, Cause You Know I Got That Package On Me
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    NUN YA

Bro, put ya pride in your back pocket, and brush your shoulders off... He wasn't litterly calling you a FOOL. it's a figure of speech..

Your gonna have to learn to be somewhat humble or noone is gonna help you... you gotta let folks in and not be so guarded to get help..

Good luck on whoever you choose, but know this they are looking to see what they gonna be dealing with before you set foot in their place... Everyone to busy starting to sound familiar to me and why they are..

A fool not to have him tune it??????? WOW!!! one could get offend by that but I made up my mind to go some where else and I'm sticking to it, plus its my money im spending.lol
    Quicktime and slowmoe like this.
    "The Insane Foundation"- We Want Nothing But A Lane Beside You, We Done Lost Our Damn Mind....A BOLO Has Been Issued: "Lunatic" Broke His Lift Chains To Get Down with "Mayhem" And "Asylum" Got Caught Up In The Hype And Went Off..A "Smack Down" With A "Lethal Injection" To Calm Their Nerves, Has Been Given...They Were In This MF Running Around Hollering These B%$#ches Can't Hold Me Back.."Manic Depression" Has Set in, And All Is Back Calm.Oh Boy The West Coast Getting Ready To Have Some Problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedspeed View Post
    I simply asked why YOU said that about Terry's bike...Cause I seen that bike run plenty of times at the track and it ran it good.

Far as all the drama you bring that shit on yourself everything you start one of these threads. I don't know what happen in your past with the shops you claim to screw you over nor do I really care what happen. But all of them are honest and decent guys so I'm sure some of the problem was YOU...Sorry for shiting on your plant. Good luck to you.
    Being that you have no clue of what your talking about i want feed. And by you not knowing me you don't know who i messed with or who is decent or honest. Because local racers hated how i got play by the last guy, and sense I've forgiven him I'm not here to bring that up or keep talking about it. It shows no growth like what I'm doing with you right now. I seen how you crap on buzz threads and go at it with him. Even when i thought you were cool one of are 2wheelspeed locals told me to stay away from you and what he almost did to you, so i listened. What you on don't help me or edify me. In fact i don't even know why I'm responding to your comment. You watching my thread I'm not watching yours. I'm on my business and getting my bike tune. There is no way you could help me so why you even on this thread. And your quick responds shows how you watching me. Are you a fame or hater? This is not twitter where you follow a tweet. Your only positive comment is good luck. I could except that and say that you have no other positive helpful reason to come back here to be your self on this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

True, cause if you have issue he can be right there to help you.. I feel folks should build good relationships with shops close by... The shops alot of time won't help guys cause they hop from tuner/builder to the next and a real person doesn't want to keep chasing his tail...Find a good person near you and listen and use only them, so if something needs changing they know where they last left off...
    Buddy, this is what I'm trying to do. Build a positive relationship with a tuner, someone with a strong support and foundation. I have been trying to do that sense day one but you don't know people until you start to deal with them. I have seen what one mechanic will do for others they want do for you. I don't really want to go into details why i went from the guy that wired my bike and the tuner, but i stay in the right and pay my tab.

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Gregory clay

Bro, put ya pride in your back pocket, and brush your shoulders off... He wasn't litterly calling you a FOOL. it's a figure of speech..

Your gonna have to learn to be somewhat humble or noone is gonna help you... you gotta let folks in and not be so guarded to get help..

Good luck on whoever you choose, but know this they are looking to see what they gonna be dealing with before you set foot in their place... Everyone to busy starting to sound familiar to me and why they are..

It's not about pride or feelings and i know what he's talking about.But i gotta tell you buddy if you have been burned like i have you gonna have to be guarded, do a history search of their work for the common guy and not just the guy that's your buddy or running that number. My money is green like everyone else and that's how i want to get treated.There has never been any one i have ever dealt with that could tell you greg can't, doesn't or want pay his tab. If i can't afford it i want commit. So no matter who's looking who could say i don't pay for what i want. let me simplify it for you. Your a tuner, i pay you for what you know how to do, job is done your happy I'm happy. If motor blows it's not tuner fought, he still get paid. so,it's back to the drawing board with motor and builder. If turner says something wrong with wiring, i contact the guy that wired it so they could talk if he can't fix it. I acknowledge that this is not a perfect world and things happen.

Holeshot Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons

Being that you have no clue of what your talking about i want feed. And by you not knowing me you don't know who i messed with or who is decent or honest. Because local racers hated how i got play by the last guy, and sense I've forgiven him I'm not here to bring that up or keep talking about it. It shows no growth like what I'm doing with you right now. I seen how you crap on buzz threads and go at it with him. Even when i thought you were cool one of are 2wheelspeed locals told me to stay away from you and what he almost did to you, so i listened. What you on don't help me or edify me. In fact i don't even know why I'm responding to your comment. You watching my thread I'm not watching yours. I'm on my business and getting my bike tune. There is no way you could help me so why you even on this thread. And your quick responds shows how you watching me. Are you a fame or hater? This is not twitter where you follow a tweet. Your only positive comment is good luck. I could except that and say that you have no other positive helpful reason to come back here to be your self on this thread.
    You made a statement and I asked you why you said that? That's how one learns ask questions. It's must be a touchy subject cause I get phone calls to leave it alone. That's what I'll do. I'm not a hater and I've been nothing but to be helpful since the first day we meet at oak brook mall. Now far what I know and don't. You must forgotten about the pm's you sent about who screwed you and along with a few about ppl who posted in thread you sent me. Along with all the threads you've ask me delete you go on a rant.

Now Buzz n I we've had some heated differences in opinions cause we're both passionate about the sport want what's best. I got much respect for him cause when he believes in something he stands his ground.
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

Holeshot Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Jake Simmons

NEED PROSTREET BIKE HELP.-greg1.jpgNEED PROSTREET BIKE HELP.-greg.jpg

Heres some screen shots of the pm's I reply to you about some of this stuff I know nothing about. Far as what you trying what some local ALMOST did to me is total b.s. You should stop while your ahead cause sitting on the internet acting like you know what happens at the track is pretty childish and more likey the reason no local wants to help you.
    *HoleShot Member
    Jake Simmons

Moving up the Ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Been trying to sit back an laugh at some statements being made. Since some comments direct and indirect, are hitting a bit closer to home, I am going to respond with facts to a couple with out getting into a pissing contest.

The Dta was purchased from him by another shop and then was sold to Greg.

I have never in all the years I have been working on bikes told ANYONE with a Racebike that I was to busy. I understand a street bike has 7 days a week to ride, a race bike only has 1-2 days a few times a year and thats it. Racebikes get a higher priority time wise but no one gets more/less attention because of who they are. Whether its Stotz or Joe Shmo, each gets the best attention an effort I can offer everytime.

In this situation I have said and continue to say very simply, NO when ever I have been asked. I did say I would help technically with the Dta anytime when I can. What I said I will not do is work on, touch or tune the bike in any fashion ever. Not for Greg or anyone else who tried to bring the bike in for him.

Real tuners out there know there is more to tuning then just pushing keys. Some think they can, so I say go for it. With some its pretty entertaining to watch the results. Just because you can hold a dremel grinder in your hand doesn't mean you can start a company porting cylinder heads now haha.

I take a tremendous amount of pride in what I do. I put in a lot of effort, time and make sacrifices to be able to take care of all customers, especially racers in the time frame that they must have it in. I take things personally because I put alot of my personal life into building and tuning bikes. When I am disrespected, insulted, integrity questioned ............... It really should come as NO SURPRISE that I would say NO anytime I am asked.
    Quicktime likes this.

I Finally Registered
    Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost this thread is not about terry's bike, So out of respect for him and who built his bike I'm gonna leave that alone. So, yea franklin he rebuilt his bike three times, and added upgrades like you said jake. Man you guys are freaking unbelievable. There where maybe over 162 views before terry posted on this thread and no one had shit to say. So now why come with this. So you can run back and tell who built terry bike hey greg said this, greg said that. Or call terry like some of you did already and what i posted. This is why they say all women ain't bitches. Terry bought his bike from a third party meaning someone who was trying to sell it( a sale man ) so he did what he had to do to sell it, like sales man do, who says he's right or wrong, I don't give a ****. That's not the bike im riding, racing or trying to learn. I guess this thread is like a plant now, It needs bullshit to grow.
    As for the other guys that's willing to productively help me thanks. I'm sorry for my words and actions but this is my 5th year with trying to get this bike up and running and several mechanics have screwed me bad. I'm trying my best to stay away for negative people because lord knows my mind isn't right with some things.

First of all I sold Terry is bike. I'm not sure what your talking about FICTITIOUS parts on the bike the bike had everything I told Terry it had. The bike was built by Brian at Win-Racing and he did one hell of a job on that bike. The only problem with the bike was me jocking it. I 60ft like a bitch 1.67 and it still went 8.24 at 183mph and that was with barely any boost so you know the bike made power. You said Terry had problems with the bike after he bought it from me but you forgot to metion them bouncing the motor off the rev limiter the first six passes. You think that could hurt the motor. The bike always made power I just had a hard time getting it out of the hole so don't try to come on this site and blame the builder when the bike was fine. I never seen Brian not help someone at the track or answer a question about there bike. Anyone that had problems at the track Brian would always be there to help. He's a hell of a bike builder and a great tuner (slow ass kitchen builder INSIDE JOKE). And now your calling me a salesman that I tricked Terry into buying my bike. The bike was a Race Ready bike when Terry bought. All the changes that Terry did to bike changes he wanted not stuff that needed to be done.
    If your trying to build a race bike on a budget then run street et on a stock bike and stop crying. No shop is going to build and tune your bike for free.

Don't come on here and talk crap about me or the bike I sold and that he built. That was a great bike that built I wish I could of rode it better and gone faster. I was hoping for a 7 second pass but it just didn't happen

But if you still want to talk crap I have no problem having Brian build me another bike just to call you out.