New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules

This is a discussion about New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules within the MIROCK Series section, where you will MiRock Series Racers Pit Here!!!; Originally Posted by TunerRacer No stand alone spec boxes unless you can purchase from multiple people and if you don't go by rider weight vs package, kiss the bigger riders goodbye. It will be just

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TunerRacer View Post
    No stand alone spec boxes unless you can purchase from multiple people and if you don't go by rider weight vs package, kiss the bigger riders goodbye. It will be just like PST, little guys with load of ballast to run bigger motor. otherwise i would be tempted to build something for this class.

-
    This is why I like Rich's rules better. It's simplier, and easily adjusted as the season goes on.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Profile View Post
    How you come up with that
    The weights I am saying in here I am assuming suited weight.

So lets say that a gsxr 1000 decides to run the biggest motor of 1242 (5 x 6) / 2.62 = 474 pounds - 150 pound rider is a 324 pound bike (doable) but if a 200 lb guy builds one he has to have a 274 lb bike (prolly not likely)!! But yet lets says a busa builds a max motor of 1679 (5 x 11) / 2.62 is 640 lbs - 150 lbs rider is 470 lb bike (doable). But now lets says that a big boy wants to race and the biggest motor he can build is a 1679 but yet he weighs 220 suited, he now needs to build a 420 lb bike (that's pretty light!).

So what I am saying is a light rider is allowed to build a light bike of 470 lbs, while the 1000's and big guys on busa's have to build REALLLLLY light bikes to compete. Now I don't really know busas and their weight seeing as I race my 1000 all the time, but 420 lb busa seems really light and if the guy weight even more, it aint happening. Thoughts?

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BROTHER-N-LAW View Post
    This is why I like Rich's rules better. It's simplier, and easily adjusted as the season goes on.
    Rich definitely left the door open for big guys..should give them a reason to build

Almost A Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JAKE

So will the Harleys get 160" at 615lbs? And 2" ground clearance?
    2013 King of the West Coast
    2012 King of the West Coast
    *Long Haul Crew*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    The weights I am saying in here I am assuming suited weight.

So lets say that a gsxr 1000 decides to run the biggest motor of 1242 (5 x 6) / 2.62 = 474 pounds - 150 pound rider is a 324 pound bike (doable) but if a 200 lb guy builds one he has to have a 274 lb bike (prolly not likely)!! But yet lets says a busa builds a max motor of 1679 (5 x 11) / 2.62 is 64p0 lbs - 150 lbs rider is 470 lb bike (doable). But now lets says that a big boy wants to race and the biggest motor he can build is a 1679 but yet he weighs 220 suited, he now needs to build a 420 lb bike (that's pretty light!).

So what I am saying is a light rider is allowed to build a light bike of 470 lbs, while the 1000's and big guys on busa's have to build REALLLLLY light bikes to compete. Now I don't really know busas and their weight seeing as I race my 1000 all the time, but 420 lb busa seems really light and if the guy weight even more, it aint happening. Thoughts?
    368 is the lightest busa I've heard of
    "live everyday like its your last"

Post Thanks / Like

so 368 busa with a 150 lb rider is 518 *2.62 = 1357.16, seems like that a light rider wouldn't even have to build a motor, but then when he did he could just add the weight in all the right places and fly! i still see bigger guys and 1000's getting run over. but ive been wrong before.

Post Thanks / Like

so 368 busa with a 150 lb rider is 518 *2.62 = 1357.16, seems like that a light rider wouldn't even have to build a motor, but then when he did he could just add the weight in all the right places and fly! i still see bigger guys and 1000's getting run over. but ive been wrong before.
    Thats a completely grudged out bike. Rich was talking 380lbs busa with 180lbs rider to get 560lbs at 1572. so a light rider is going to do the same thing under richs rules.

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBCorvette18Punk View Post
    Thats a completely grudged out bike. Rich was talking 380lbs busa with 180lbs rider to get 560lbs at 1572. so a light rider is going to do the same thing under richs rules.
    Exactly!!!!!! That light rider will not have an advantage since he still have to weigh in at 560lbs.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly!!!!!! That light rider will not have an advantage since he still have to weigh in at 560lbs.
    but under the other rules the 1572cc bike would have to weigh 600lbs therefor the lighter rider either has to put more ballast on the bike or gets to use a few cheaper components that weigh more to make the weight. lets be honest under rich's rules if you dont have a 1572 at 560lbs or a mountain motor at 620 you wont be competitive.

with the 2.62 rule you could have a few different combos that can run close et's providing great racing. if you take a 380 lb bike with a 130lb rider thats 510lbs now if he wants to run a 1397 hes gotta add 23 pounds of ballast. take that same combo with richs rules and the same bike and rider can have 1572cc and add 50lbs of balast. which bike is going to be faster?

a light rider will ALWAYS have the advantage. unless your rules are based strictly on rider weight

Post Thanks / Like

I see what you guys are saying about 2.62 rule They are going to have a hard time trying make rules for different brand and motor sizes for class like this SMH Yep Richard rule looks better
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

but under the other rules the 1572cc bike would have to weigh 600lbs therefor the lighter rider either has to put more ballast on the bike or gets to use a few cheaper components that weigh more to make the weight. lets be honest under rich's rules if you dont have a 1572 at 560lbs or a mountain motor at 620 you wont be competitive.

with the 2.62 rule you could have a few different combos that can run close et's providing great racing. if you take a 380 lb bike with a 130lb rider thats 510lbs now if he wants to run a 1397 hes gotta add 23 pounds of ballast. take that same combo with richs rules and the same bike and rider can have 1572cc and add 50lbs of balast. which bike is going to be faster?

a light rider will ALWAYS have the advantage. unless your rules are based strictly on rider weight
    First of all. the bikes at Rich's rules wont get to 380. The carb bikes are the ones that are that light. And no carbs allowed under Rich's rules. And you wouldn't know who is really going to be faster. That would depend on the builder.And aslo as you should know, no 2 motor bikes are the same, even if the same builder does them both.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Right on

Post Thanks / Like

First of all. the bikes at Rich's rules wont get to 380. The carb bikes are the ones that are that light. And no carbs allowed under Rich's rules. And you wouldn't know who is really going to be faster. That would depend on the builder.And aslo as you should know, no 2 motor bikes are the same, even if the same builder does them both.
    rich is the one who said 380lbs bike and 180lbs rider IIRC

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think from the spectators seat the Mountain motors versus small motors would be interesting

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

rich is the one who said 380lbs bike and 180lbs rider IIRC
    Yea that was probably before we discussed and outlawed carb bikes.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!