New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules

This is a discussion about New all-motor AM/X class at MIRock-Prelim Rules within the MIROCK Series section, where you will MiRock Series Racers Pit Here!!!; Originally Posted by Profile Richard,BNL and Money maker what part. about the 2.62 rule you don't like? at first glance i thought the 2.62 rule was a good idea but the more i tried to

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Profile View Post
    Richard,BNL and Money maker what part. about the 2.62 rule you don't like?
    at first glance i thought the 2.62 rule was a good idea but the more i tried to figure a combo out the worse it got.
    1 theses bore x stroke combos get a little odd to make the engine match the weight. these engines will be built from scratch and not parts most ppl already have. so that go against affordable
    2 how do i even know just what the build will weigh before im done with it to pick a engine size. so i guess im gong to have to over shoot what i think it will weigh. it will easier to add weight when in done?
    3 affordable class but allows carbs and standalone??. most ppl have the piggy back stuff and if not it can be bought used cheap.

lets look at from an engine builders standpoint that wants to back a bike in the class to sell engines.

under rich's rules im going to put all my r&d into 2 engine combos 1570 and a mountain motor. i can try to shine with these engines. it will be very difficult to be great at every engine size. just like if im running nhra prostock car and i want an engine ill call cagnazzi, if im running adrl prostock ill call sunny. i just dont think in the long run the 2.62 rule will help the class grow

im pretty sure im not going to build under these rules. i think it will be short lived
    BROTHER-N-LAW likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PsychoBike.com
    Advertisements

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cycle Concepts View Post
    standalones are allowed in rst...and it can be done other ways through the stock ecu..And if you know of a bike in prostreet that is not legal, why don't you protest it or bring it to his attention so they can be stopped??? Tech will never be able to check every single thing on any bike with a set of rules because time does not allow it..there is a displacement rule for turbo's in pst too, how are you suppose to check that every round??
    Yes, standalones are allowed in rst now, but traction control still isn't. I'm not one to protest something that isn't a performance gain. but what I have heard is that this bike has other things that isn't legal either. That part I can't prove, but the first one I can. But there is no need for me to protest it if it doesn't make him any faster. I just have to concentrate on my program to go faster.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    JERRY

What are the body work and wheels rule going to be
    06 NOS GSXR 1000 ''BEETLE JUICE''
    ''If God is for us,who can be against us? '' Romans 8:31

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by money maker View Post
    at first glance i thought the 2.62 rule was a good idea but the more i tried to figure a combo out the worse it got.
    1 theses bore x stroke combos get a little odd to make the engine match the weight. these engines will be built from scratch and not parts most ppl already have. so that go against affordable
    2 how do i even know just what the build will weigh before im done with it to pick a engine size. so i guess im gong to have to over shoot what i think it will weigh. it will easier to add weight when in done?
    3 affordable class but allows carbs and standalone??. most ppl have the piggy back stuff and if not it can be bought used cheap.

lets look at from an engine builders standpoint that wants to back a bike in the class to sell engines.

under rich's rules im going to put all my r&d into 2 engine combos 1570 and a mountain motor. i can try to shine with these engines. it will be very difficult to be great at every engine size. just like if im running nhra prostock car and i want an engine ill call cagnazzi, if im running adrl prostock ill call sunny. i just dont think in the long run the 2.62 rule will help the class grow

im pretty sure im not going to build under these rules. i think it will be short lived
    You hit the nail right on the head!!!!!!!!!!
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BROTHER-N-LAW View Post
    Yes, standalones are allowed in rst now, but traction control still isn't. I'm not one to protest something that isn't a performance gain. but what I have heard is that this bike has other things that isn't legal either. That part I can't prove, but the first one I can. But there is no need for me to protest it if it doesn't make him any faster. I just have to concentrate on my program to go faster.
    A cheater is a cheater no matter if it helps or not. If he was running at the top of the field you'd say something but because hes not your wont say anything. That is BS
    "live everyday like its your last"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STREETDRAG View Post
    No standalones or you open the door for $10k units whether you can afford them or not. Keep the class as basic and cheap as possible, keep it about motor/chassis tuning and rider abilities.. The more basic you keep it, the more people will actually have to learn to get the most with the least..
    So if someone has a $10k standalone in a allmotor,75''and slider class like this can get by a bike with a power commader and other add ons Cause when a motor is happy it will make the same power as aftermarket ECU or no aftermarket ECU Don't get me wrong aftermarket ECU are nice and can make things easier to work with If you know what you are doing but that goes for ever thing
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Moving up the Ladder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Profile View Post
    So if someone has a $10k standalone in a allmotor,75''and slider class like this can get by a bike with a power commader and other add ons Cause when a motor is happy it will make the same power as aftermarket ECU or no aftermarket ECU Don't get me wrong aftermarket ECU are nice and can make things easier to work with If you know what you are doing but that goes for ever thing
    Hp on the dyno maybe the same but with the right person behind the motec it will be quicker at the track

Jonh Doe likes this.

Post Thanks / Like

I think with these new rules the big guys and 1000's won't be able to get either big enough motor or light enough to compete with the light guys running big motors on busas. I think I like rich's rules better.

Post Thanks / Like

What type of motor are you trying to build and they are still working on this 2.62 rule and what happen if you already got carbs or standalone ECU
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Site Sponsor SHM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Dwayne aka "Poppy"

Quote Originally Posted by STREETDRAG View Post
    No standalones or you open the door for $10k units whether you can afford them or not. Keep the class as basic and cheap as possible, keep it about motor/chassis tuning and rider abilities.. The more basic you keep it, the more people will actually have to learn to get the most with the least..
    I see your point but you have to look further down the road...Just wait until guys/builders/tuners start building dedicated motors with all the little fancy tricks...these aren't gonna be $8-$10k motors anymore...and i can assure you that it's gonna fall back to who has the best rider and not the combination of rider/builder/tuner...There is nothing that one tuner can do with a MoTeC m84 that the next tuner can't do because all of them are exactly the same..but there are lots of things one builder can do with a 1570 and a customer with a deep pocket can do that others will never be able to do because there alot things/tricks that can be done that many don't have a clue about..you will never be able to keep money out of a heads up run out the back door class--NEVER EVER!!!
    1625 Lynwood Dr
    Lancaster,SC 29720
    *Super HoleShot Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hp on the dyno maybe the same but with the right person behind the motec it will be quicker at the track

Samething with a PowerCommander
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    I think with these new rules the big guys and 1000's won't be able to get either big enough motor or light enough to compete with the light guys running big motors on busas. I think I like rich's rules better.
    How you come up with that
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Site Sponsor SHM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Name
    Walter Sprout Born and raised West Coast!!

No stand alone spec boxes unless you can purchase from multiple people and if you don't go by rider weight vs package, kiss the bigger riders goodbye. It will be just like PST, little guys with load of ballast to run bigger motor. otherwise i would be tempted to build something for this class.

-

ECS Performance Tuning "Mobile Dyno Service, Chassis, Clutch, and Track Setup"
    ......................PST 754 " I built it, I ride it, and there's a lot more left in it.."........................

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question what are the weights of the people that want to run in the class and what type of bike do you ride or trying to ride?
    ROA IS ALL IN MY HANDS

Super HoleShot Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBCorvette18Punk View Post
    A cheater is a cheater no matter if it helps or not. If he was running at the top of the field you'd say something but because hes not your wont say anything. That is BS
    You see, you don't know me!!!!!!! You have no idea. I'm not going to give a clue to who it is, but let's just say that you would be shocked. So don't speak on things that you have no idea about.
    *Super HoleShot Member
    COME STOCK LIKE ME!